“FAKE ADVERTISEMENT”
Review of Paris Guesthouse

Paris Guesthouse
Ranked #117 of 163 Speciality Lodging in Hong Kong
Reviewed 29 January 2017

Before I start my review, I warn you, there are 2 disgusting old apartment buildings centrally located on Nathan road Tsim ShaTsui operating under hotel, and guest house listings, on various floors 5-7 square meter rental units, yet they are posting spacious 10-12 sq meter pictures of rooms in their ads. One is the CHUM KING, THE OTHER THE MARIDOR MANSIONS.
I rented a two double bed room under PARIS GUEST HOUSE FOR ONE WEEK, not knowing the HK scene. When we found the reception through a complicated labyrinth of stores and elevator line up giving the impression of central skid row. surprisingly found out that there is a PARIS GUEST HOUSE ON THE 8th floor, but that is not who I rented the room from through BOOKING.COM but from another company, who is illegally using their name.The company's real name is DHILLON HOTELS HONG KONG LTD, AND THEY ARE listing, DAY AND NIGHT HOTEL, HONG KONG BUDGET HOTEL, DAYS HOTEL, GERMANY HOTEL, MANILA HOTEL ON THEIR business card, and front of the elevator door, on a directional sign also written NEW PARIS GUEST HOUSE. When you enter the reception, you are facing the downing impression that the receptionist repeatedly emphasizes , NO REFUND. After paying HK$ 100 for the room key, we were told that we get an updated room with the view of the city on the 17th floor. The guide, and believe me you need a guide to find the room,through the labyrinth there, we found out that the elevator only goes to the 16th floor, so we have to do stairs, but will help with our languages. When we found the room # 1712, I had to ask where is the second bed. We were told this 5 sq meter single bed room that we rented, and if we are not pleased we can complain to the manager next day, but there is NO REFUND. I immediately phoned Booking.com, what a hell they are advertising. They offered not immediate help. So we went done to walk around the area to find a livable place ourselves, Cost HK$ 140 extra/day, but was worth it to get out of that dump. So we immediately went back and checked out, with a lot of NO REFUND from them. Luckily I quickly phoned my bank stop any payment, and Booking.com did not charged anything.
The aforementioned Mansions are having miniature rooms made for children, that people mostly from India buying up and renting them under the name of Hotel, or Guest house. The buildings are conveniently, and centrally located, but do not get fooled, by the fake pictures they are posting on their websites. THEY ARE ALL LiES.
The bedding's are disgustingly filthy, no towel, no soap, in ours there was no toilet paper either. The booking company relied on the owners description without confirmation of it's validity. YOU ARE WARNED.

Room Tip: Avoid this place by any means, and to correct to whom I recommend it only for drug dealers, not for...
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

Be warn.. we arrived in this guess house at 7pm and we are shocked that no room available. Spoke to the manager and told me that my credit card was decline. It was very clear in the booking that they will take cash when we arrive.
I receive an email from booking.com that paris guess house cancelled our stay at 7:30pm after our arrival. How terrible lie they say. Never again to goon chunking mansion... it is better to stay in northpoint area.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2015

Look, it's the Chung King Mansion, did you not read about it? Not for the fair hearted. Do stay on your toes. With that said, I stayed here for a month and quickly found a great "group" from Nepal that ran a few of the restaurants, food vendors and some of the guesthouses. If they didn't have it, they found it.

They were my friends by month end. Don't be a stupid tourist. Treat people with kindness and they will do the same.

I stayed at Paris for 3 weeks I think. Much love

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2015

Check in and check out was pretty quick. The staff is very efficient. I have expected the worse for this room but unfortunately I have booked it with no refundable. For a family room, it is very small for 6 pax including the children. I had to book another double room. The smallest room I've ever stay. We have to keep our luggage under the bed.
Wifi is great. It is pretty safe though many touts at the ground floor. Waiting time for the elevator is acceptable. The longest waiting time is around 5 minutes.

Room Tip: Family room will have window unlike double room some of them without any window.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2014

I booked a room for four nights through www.asiarooms.com and had my reservation confirmed with a booking number and everything. However, when I arrived at Paris Guesthouse, they said they didn't receive any reservation from ASIAROOMS. Ok, maybe it's Asiarooms fault then that something when wrong with my booking. So they didn't have a room for the four nights I had booked, they only had a room for two nights. But the said that they would help me to find a room at some other guesthouse for the remaining two nights. Well, they promissed, but they didn't do it..... I had to go myself and find a place to stay for the other two nights by my own. As the regular rooms were all occupied, they gave me an "upgrade" to the family room which is a little bit bigger.
Well, this room itself is very very old and worn, has been refurbished the last time maybe in the 70's. The Bathroom had totally rusty parts, the cover of fan was hanging down dusty from the ceiling with loose screws, there is a refrigerator in the room, but no power outlet to plug it in !!! So what for is the refrigerator good then if it can't be plugged to the electricity ? Is it meant to be a "decoration" for the room ? Paris Guesthouse advertises that they have free coffe for guests. At my arrival I noticed that the instant coffe jar was empty and mentioned it to the manager. He said that the next morning they would put a new jar of instant coffee there. Well, they didn't do it until I checked out from Paris Guesthouse......so I didn't get any "free coffee". The only positive thing I can say about this Guesthouse is that Wifi is really good. The bed was quite comfortable too. So If you are on a small budget and only need a place to sleep and wifi, you may stay in this place, but it's sure not the right place to stay in Hong Kong for a holiday......

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business