Before I start my review, I warn you, there are 2 disgusting old apartment buildings centrally located on Nathan road Tsim ShaTsui operating under hotel, and guest house listings, on various floors 5-7 square meter rental units, yet they are posting spacious 10-12 sq meter pictures of rooms in their ads. One is the CHUM KING, THE OTHER THE MARIDOR MANSIONS.
I rented a two double bed room under PARIS GUEST HOUSE FOR ONE WEEK, not knowing the HK scene. When we found the reception through a complicated labyrinth of stores and elevator line up giving the impression of central skid row. surprisingly found out that there is a PARIS GUEST HOUSE ON THE 8th floor, but that is not who I rented the room from through BOOKING.COM but from another company, who is illegally using their name.The company's real name is DHILLON HOTELS HONG KONG LTD, AND THEY ARE listing, DAY AND NIGHT HOTEL, HONG KONG BUDGET HOTEL, DAYS HOTEL, GERMANY HOTEL, MANILA HOTEL ON THEIR business card, and front of the elevator door, on a directional sign also written NEW PARIS GUEST HOUSE. When you enter the reception, you are facing the downing impression that the receptionist repeatedly emphasizes , NO REFUND. After paying HK$ 100 for the room key, we were told that we get an updated room with the view of the city on the 17th floor. The guide, and believe me you need a guide to find the room,through the labyrinth there, we found out that the elevator only goes to the 16th floor, so we have to do stairs, but will help with our languages. When we found the room # 1712, I had to ask where is the second bed. We were told this 5 sq meter single bed room that we rented, and if we are not pleased we can complain to the manager next day, but there is NO REFUND. I immediately phoned Booking.com, what a hell they are advertising. They offered not immediate help. So we went done to walk around the area to find a livable place ourselves, Cost HK$ 140 extra/day, but was worth it to get out of that dump. So we immediately went back and checked out, with a lot of NO REFUND from them. Luckily I quickly phoned my bank stop any payment, and Booking.com did not charged anything.
The aforementioned Mansions are having miniature rooms made for children, that people mostly from India buying up and renting them under the name of Hotel, or Guest house. The buildings are conveniently, and centrally located, but do not get fooled, by the fake pictures they are posting on their websites. THEY ARE ALL LiES.
The bedding's are disgustingly filthy, no towel, no soap, in ours there was no toilet paper either. The booking company relied on the owners description without confirmation of it's validity. YOU ARE WARNED.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hostel is owned by an Ex-British serviceman and it caters to a lot of tourists from Europe, The Americas and Australia. We have clean, spacious and comfortable rooms. Newly renovated, our rooms are of superior quality with en-suite showers and toilets, hot and cold water 24 hours a day. Plenty of storage space for luggage and clothes. Each room also has color TV, air conditioning and a telephone for free local calls. We have just installed WI-FI Broadband to all our rooms for you to use privately and it is free 24/7. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Paris Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paris Guesthouse Hotel Hong Kong
- Paris Guesthouse Hong Kong