US$143
US$127
  • Room Service
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$201
US$189
Cordis Official
US$141
US$104
US$247
US$221
  • Pool
Royal Plaza Hotel(Hong Kong)
US$156
US$133
  • Pool
The Cityview Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$103
  • Restaurant
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$92
Hotel Direct
  • Restaurant
Royal View Hotel(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$81
US$148
US$126
Priceline
  • Room Service
US$472
US$401
All reviewsolympic mtr stationinternet connectionwithin walking distanceair connathan roadbedroomcompactcurtainskowloonhongmallamenitiesshopping
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I stayed here for one month when I first came to HK as it was cheap and someone recommended it.

The good:

- A good location. It's in a very local part of Hong Kong and the environment is quite authentic. I enjoyed walking around here.
- Lots of decent restaurants close-by. A very good hotpot just down the road.
- Some of the staff (not all) were friendly

The bad:
- There are no CTCV cameras in the corridors
- The room doors are very easy to open without the key
- My camera was stolen due to the above and because there was no CTCV cameras, there was absolutely nothing that the police could do when they turned up
- The rooms are furnished with very cheap ikea furniture
- Laundry is 50 HKD a wash!
- They had no towels. I had to rent one or go and buy one
- The room does have a kitchen with a stove but if you want other things like toaster then you need to rent it
- The walls are quite thin. I could hear the couple in the next room every night
- For what you get, the price should be a lot lower

In general, I was very disappointed with this place. Due to the lack of security (CTCV and good door locks) I felt immediately quite unsafe. After around one week of staying there, someone went into my room and stole my camera.

When I was checking-out, they tried to get me to stay longer. I asked what incentives they would considering offering and was told that I could get a reduction on the laundry price (from 50 HKD to 40 HKD)! What a joke.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
9  Thank PeterSmith2012
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My local friend in HK booked this place with the help of the YESINSPACE staff Miss D.
-We agreed on booking the "Room A" type.
When we arrived, the girl in reception (very impolite and "pissed off") said the room was not ready. We had to wait 4 hours.
Finally, the room they gave us was NOT the room booked. Because they gave it to another customer, and they said, anyway, you cannot choose the room. [ So why in that case, my friend came before to choose the room TYPE A, within the other ones, type E, F etc. ] They said they will arrange the room for us, but we still wait for it...
- Often, from 7PM, you cannot reach anyone. What if we are in need of something urgent (Code of the door... etc.)
- Talking about the Location, often the taxis don't know where is this place. They turn a lot before finding.
- About cleanliness: The room is cleaned every Monday, not entirely of course, just the minimum visibly; The bed sheets was often stained, one day I even had BLOOD spots on the bed sheet (See photos); they charged the toilet paper 10HK$ each roll; the air cond. was dripping all the time with water on the floor, we ask for a room with a double bed, we had in real 2 single beds combined together, which is really not comfortable, especially because of the gap in the middle.
- Wi-Fi was really poor, disconnected 1 time all the night, and the TV was the same kind, only 2 locals channels was working fine.

Finally, I would NOT advise people to stay there, because for the price (quite high) I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank 10dier
Reviewed 22 December 2011

This was more of a self-service apartment than anything, with a large bedroom with desk, TV, ensuite and a small kitchen area with kettle and hotplate. The kitchen came in very useful during our week long stay in Hong Kong because we could make our own breakfast, lunch and dinners and I think saved some time and money. The apartments are in a good location; a ten minute walk to 2 different MTR stations making it quick and easy to travel to the main sights and the airport. They might not have offered the same tourist services as other places in the city because they seemed to be aimed for long term residents. Although more expensive than other budget accommodation in Hong Kong I think it was worth it because we had a lot of space.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike204
Reviewed 24 September 2010

I am doing a Masters programme in a university in Hong Kong and i needed to rent a house to stay. Before i did that, i checked online and based on the photos, price, and location, i decided to book 1 month stay at Yesinspace while i search for my own apartment.
It was really a GOOD EXPERIENCE staying there. The rooms are exactly like the photos they posted, and the location is great!!10min walk from Mongkok MTR, and 5 min walk to Olympic MTR, and there are buses right downstairs to take you to Mongkok East MTR too!!! food, shopping, everything you name it, are right around the corner...
The staff there, Sam, Yvonne, and all the maintenence, and housekeeping, including the guard downstairs, are great, helpful, and friendly people. Ask any questions, and they will try their best to answer you....They can do your laundry for you at a good price too!! price includes washing, drying, fold, iron, and send back to your room the next day.
When i checked out yesterday n move to my new apartment, i felt kind sad, and know my memories of my stay in Hong Kong will always include Yesinspace.
Thanks alot, Sam, Yvonne, and everyone working there.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
6  Thank scubatowkay
Reviewed 19 January 2010

I had already stayed in a few budget places in Hong Kong, so I was eager to try Yesinspace, even though it was more expensive.

Basically Yesinspace is meant for long-term housing and they aren't equipped to handle hotel and hostel customers or provide the basic services that they require.

The rooms are cute, fully Ikea, but are beginning to show wear already. My desk had 4 holes in it, the sink was spraying out water underneath and the toilet didn't flush properly. You can tell that everything is equipped as inexpensively as possible.

I saw on one of the other booking site's amenities page that they have a guest kitchen, a washer and dryer for guest use and a swimming pool. They have none of these things. Some of the rooms have a hotplate and kettle, but not all of them do. There is no guest kitchen. There is no swimming pool, they are referring to a public swimming pool down the street. There is no washer and dryer for guest use--they charge $50 which is more than twice as much as other guest houses and more than twice as much as the laundry places downstairs.

Ensuite rooms come with no towels. You can rent a towel from them for $20, it's an Ikea towel that costs $13 new. They do not clean the rooms between the time you check in and check out, even if you stay for more than a week.

Some of the staff are nice, like the older gentleman, but others are not. One young man with glasses was incredibly rude, he would just lie and say anything to get me go away so he could go back to listening to his (bad) music. But then when the manager was in the room all of a sudden he was friendly and smiling--it was really weird.

When my total bill came to $716.40, they rounded it up to $117. But when I had paid a deposit of $119.40 they rounded it down to $119. Yes, this is not much money, but to me it implies a fundamental lack of respect for the customer and greed. The $0.80 they gained from doing this isn't worth alienating me as a customer.

When I posted a negative review on the site I booked my stay on, the owner used my booking information to angrily contact me. What is strange is that he confirmed all of the things I said--he told me that the towels only cost him $13 and that laundry only costs $17-30 in the area. He's charging twice that--so I'm not sure why he was so upset that I said he charged too much!

The Mong Kok area is a great place to stay, but there are dozens of other guest houses near by. I'd go to one of them first, because most of them are cheaper and friendlier.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo