“Habib’s review / linked to this chain ”
Review of Tandoori Junction

Tandoori Junction
Ranked #3,754 of 12,187 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Neighbourhood: North Point
Neighbourhood: North Point
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Have tried to locate Habib’s best kebabs on trip advisor to no avail...
Although it would seem this is a chain and linked to this restaurant also

I have visited Habib’s many a time in the past and feel compelled to write this review.
The kebabs are all the same ... large is size but mostly filled with mostly salad esp iceberg lettuce!!
There was only three small pieces of fish that I found ..
This is always the case albeit a chicken kebab/ fish or meat.
Notice to the owner who is always sat there... please include more meat products in your kebabs... because you are not the best kebab house in Hong Kong...
If I wanted a kebab full of salad I would pay the high prices you charge for fish/ chicken included !
Sorry but this needs to be mentioned ... as I have on several occasions always found this to be the case .

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was more than I expected! I ordered the lamb vindaloo with the garlic naan hung from a rack.

The meal and the service was exceptional. So good that I will be going back tmrw, open for lunch at11.30 am and open till 2300

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

First time trying this place tonight after moving to Causeway Bay recently. There isn't a great selection of excellent Indian restaurants in CWB or Wanchai, so I thought I'd give this place a try after seeing some decent reviews here.

We weren't disappointed, the lamb samosas were excellent, full of great flavoured lamb mince, moist, and not too much pastry like a lot of places.

I made the mistake of ordering the chicken Vindaloo, as the guy on the table next to us had it, and it looked great, but it was too spicy for me, full of flavour though.

My wife had the butter chicken, which was one of the best we've ever had.

The mushroom rice was very nice, and the garlic naan was as it should be - thin and slightly crispy, not like the fat doughy breads you get in some places.

Excited to either go back or order delivery soon, and will go for one of my favourites, lamb Rogan Josh or lamb Bhuna, I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Was also happy to see they had Kingfisher beer.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

This is part of a large Indian restaurant group with five premises and catering arm too. How was food? Nothing wrong but service is uneven since the waiter gave me chicken curry when I ordered lamb curry. This place has full bar service and overall pricing is quite competitive due to location with so many other eateries on same street....

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 4 September 2017

I have eaten in Cape Town, Durban, JHB and so many cities in SA. Also had in NZ Australia, Canada and Scotland. Thought I had found it on the way to the Isle of Skye but no I found it 10 minutes away from our hotel on Electric Ave. in Hong Kong.
The food was excellent and the only thing that I was sorry about was that I could not go through the whole menu.
What we did eat was of the highest standing. I tip my hat to Uncle doing the cooking and to the rest of the family for their service..
We were there twice in the five nights in Hong Kong and was sorry we did not find you guys earlier. The use and blending of the ingredients was great and having eaten Punjabi many times this was outstanding. We had samosas pakora, lamb rogan josh, butter chicken and chana masala , pindy rara,, gobhi vanarsi and jalfrezi .
And don't forget the Kingfisher and Godfather beer with garlic nan and tandoori roti that was hung from a rack.
If you are into Indian foods then you have to got here otherwise you will miss out on a experience of a liftime

Date of visit: August 2017