“Good location & value for money!”
Review of Hop Inn

Hop Inn
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Stayed in Hop Inn on Carnarvon for 3 nights in January 2012! This must be the trendiest hotel I ever stay in Hong Kong! The location is superb, in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui. Our hotel is on the top floor. The room is small but clean & modern! No complaint at all! MTR is 2 minutes walk from the hotel & McDonald is just across the street! The entire hotel provides free WiFi! Definitely will return to this hotel on my next visit to Hong Kong!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank rolandho

Reviewed 11 March 2012

When we first reached TST MTR, we got off from the wrong exit. Just remember to go out from A2 exit, walk all the way straight, it should be around humphreys ave. As Carnarvon road is pretty LONG, be sure to take the map at the airport to look for the inn first, as my friends and I really got lost looking for the inn. As the whole building was under contruction, it is pretty easy to identify, just look for the building with "construction". A really good location i should say, many many shops downstairs and friendly staff. Staff told us about various different shopping areas as it was our main motive. Btw, you have to pay the full amount upon check in. Would certainly stay again at Hop Inn if I were to visit Hong Kong again!

Room Tip: Twin room is slightly bigger.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank joyceting
Reviewed 4 March 2012

This hostel is a STEAL!
I adored the graphic illustrated rooms that is different in every room and the location is SO ideal! Just 2 mins walk from TST station and there are tons of eatery around the area and Mcdonalds is just across the road. The building is currently under renovation so it was kind of hard to locate. Just look for 7-11, the entrance is right beside the store.

The room is considered big for HK hostel standard (having stayed at 2 hostels at HK before) and I love it that they have water dispenser, DVDs for rent that I could watch in the comfort of my own room. Comfortable beds too~ Free wifi in the room as well!

WILL DEFINITELY stay again when I visit Hong Kong!

Room Tip: Every room is great!
2  Thank liyun86
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Stayed at the Carnarvon location with my wife and son for 2 nights. This was the first time for me to stay in a hostel. My brother and his friends were also going to stay here for the trip so I decided to check the reviews on Tripadvisor, which convinced me to book for 3 nights. Unfortunately, rooms were not available on our first night so I had to book a night with a nearby hotel along Pratt avenue which was just a few steps away. I almost missed the place while looking for it as the entrance to the building was small and you will only see the "hop inn" sign on the wall once you go inside the building. Although the building entrance and the tiny elevator were uninviting(the lift can only fit 4-5 passengers, 3 at most if you have luggage), all these changed once we reached hop-inn at the 9th floor. The staff were warm and very accommodating, the place was clean, comfortable and very interesting. We got a room with 2 single beds (P-1), which we moved to join the 2 beds together, do not expect much room amenities as there are only the beds, an LCD TV with a DVD player and hooks and hangers on the door. The room and the bathroom are small but functional. The room was painted in white and had green and red camouflage patterns on the ceiling, on the wall was a green and a red soldier embracing each other - "love your enemies" was the caption. There is free wi-fi, which was fast but we were getting frequent disconnections - the staff told us that they were indeed having problems with it. There was free drinking water down another corridor. A cool "common room" with reading stuff, card and board games, and a football game which my son was very fond of. A door from the common room leads out to an open area "roof deck". They have a collection of DVD's which you can borrow, kettle for boiling water and power adaptors are also available. The location is very central and ideal as shopping, dining and interesting spots are all around. The MTR, bus station and the Star ferry are also near the place. Hop-inn offers good value if you are traveling on a budget and if you don't mind the small room space. I recommend you get the bigger rooms just to give you some space to move around. I would definitely have Hop-Inn on my list the next time I go back to Hongkong.

Room Tip: Book your room early as they are usually fully booked. Try to get the bigger rooms to give you some...
2  Thank Jonas L
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We had an over night layover in HK and just wanted somewhere central to crash, Hop Inn gave us so much more!! Nestled in TST this place is definitely the HK real deal - small lift (between 3 of us and our gear we had to go up in 2 groups!), small rooms but perfect for us. The rooms, like I said, are small but very well designed - bed, shower, window - excellent. Don't expect bells and whistles furniture or amenity wise, the rooms have everything you need for a cheap, convenient stay. My Dad took the room with no window and said he had the best sleep in weeks - so those who like a dark quiet spot to snooze after adventuring you're in luck. The location is great, steps from the MTR, Haagen Das across the street, Circle Ks abounding and a big mall right down the way (this is useful because you have a large landmark you can see while rambling Kowloon to keep tabs on how far you are from home!). The directions given by Hop Inn are great and lead you right to the hostel, print them out and follow them exactly, its easy to get distracted by all the lights and signs but stick to their instructions and you'll end up right where you need to be. Make sure you grab a business card before you head out, they have directions for taxi drivers on the back which comes in handy. Really enjoyed my brief time at Hop Inn, I've found my HK layover haven!

1  Thank AdventureSparrow