US$135
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$189
US$109
US$235
US$221
  • Pool
Royal Plaza Hotel(Hong Kong)
US$199
US$133
  • Pool
The Cityview Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$103
  • Restaurant
Royal View Hotel(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$81
  • Pool
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$92
Hotel Direct
US$143
US$122
Priceline
  • Room Service
All reviewscommon roomtsim sha tsuigreat locationwater dispenserdouble roomhot and cold waterwalking distancecleaned dailymtr stationchina ferry terminalminute walkbus stopstayed nightstrip to hong kongcarnarvonhosteltoilet
Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

Stayed here in dec 2011. The place is trendy, cozy and so safe. There's a creative vibe to the deco of this place and i love it soooo much! Stayed at the second outlet because the first was fully-booked. Service was great and i will definitely come back again!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 28 April 2012

The main selling points fof Hop Inn is obviously the price factor. If shopping is all you want in Hong Kong with a clean and secure room in a good price, this is the one. The service is good as well in terms of friendliness and helpfulness. The location is superb with lots of dining round the corner and subway to connect you easily.

Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank kentkflee
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This review is for the Hop Inn on Carnarvon Road. Stayed at this place for a few nights. The entrance to the place is a bit shady, but it was just a first impression. After sleeping the jet lag off, it was OK. Always felt safe. The room was very nice. Small, clean, and very modern design. The - ensuite - bathroom was also as expected. Not huge, but very clean. The best thing about this place is the location, right in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui. Public transportation is very easy. Walking distance to many places, Avenue of Stars, Star Ferry, etc.
Did not interact much with the staff, but when it happened they were always very courteous and helpful. If I were to return to Hong Kong on a budget and space is not an issue will definitely stay here. Probably not a good place if you go with small kids. The space is too small and there isn't much to keep them entertained.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2012

This place has a great location (once you find it) and a happy atmosphere, despite the tiny size of the rooms. The rooms have the essentials though and are kept very clean.

Staff are pleasant and helpful when approached, though there is a sense of Big Brother due to reception being tucked away and video cameras watching every nook of the establishment.

The DVD library is a great idea, but a communal fridge would be a good addition.

A good choice for a budget traveller in a pricey accommodation market.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank TripVisorAustralia
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Spent 4 nights from 12 to 16 of april 2012 in HOP INN on Carnavon Road, with my wife.
The very positive side is the location near Nathan Road and the MTR.
The price of the room is not really a bargain at 690 HK$ ( i.e. 89 US$). There are other places in the area which are cheaper and at least similar if not better.
1. The room is very small, what you can expect when it goes about Hong Kong. But not only the room, the bed as well is too small: 120 cms for a double bed is definitely not comfortable. Furthermore, the furniture is limited to this small bed, one side table, a TV set ( without any english language news channel ) and 3 plastic hangers on the door...There is also a bathroom ( see my pictures) with a shower , sink and toilet bowl. All together, less than 10 square meters. Clean, yes. It is clean. SInce the Inn is located on the 9th level, don't expect however to get always water in the toilet flush....better to know it before experiencing it!
2. The building is currently in renovation, and is wrapped into a kind of fishing net sustained by bamboo scaffoldings. As a result, don't be surprised if you see workers right in front of your window while you are in the bed...don't forget to close the curtains....
3. The access to the HOP INN is rather difficult to find : a dirty corridor between the Seven/Eleven and another shop. At the end, a lift for the 9th level. Not so easy to find the first time you come there.
4. The service : well, this is a " bed without breakfast"....don't expect anything else but a small place to sleep...
5. The management : I am a smoker. I don't book any room in any hotel claiming they get a non-smoking strict policy . That's why I carefully read the webpage of the Hop Inn before booking. No one mention about this issue. So I was quite surprised that I coun't find any ashtray in the room. Since we arrived very late ( about 11 pm) I decided to smoke one of my cigarillos and to water its end before throwing it in the garbage bin. The next evening at 11.20 PM, while we were already asleep, somebody knocked at the door ; I t was a " manager" who told me that the room maid found that I smoked in the room and that it was not allowed. I tried to tell him that I never requested a no smoking room and that I was ready to move to another room. He was becoming somehow rude and unpleasant : " No way. You don't smoke in the room. You want to smoke, you go outside in the street. Is it well understood?". I closed the door....
I can't accept such an attitude since there had not been any prior notice about smoking and since when I rent a room, I am the sole and only to decide how I use it for the time I rent it.
The rude and impolite attitude of this managerial member of staff has been very shocking to me.

So for us, this Hop Inn could be an average place to sleep ( and only that) provided that the management should acquire some educational skills.
Anyway, we won't " hop in" anymore......

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
8  Thank getehem_7
Hopinn, Owner at Hop Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

First of all, I would like to express my apology for making you felt offended that evening. Sorry but I must clarify that I didn't use the words as you describe in your comments. For causing any misunderstanding & inconvenience, please kindly accept my apology.

For your info, under the "Service & Facilities" page on our website, we did mention Hop Inn is a non-smoking environment. For every booking, we would include the House Rules in the booking confirmation highlighting the enforcement of our strictly no smoking policy in all area of the premises.

As the management, I am sorry for the confusion had caused leading to the unpleasant stay of yours. We will review our method on how to impose the no smoking policy more clearly & effectively.

Simon