“A favourite choice for us.”
Review of A la Maison

A la Maison
Ranked #3,019 of 11,372 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: French
Neighbourhood: North Point
Neighbourhood: North Point
Reviewed 31 March 2018

It may not be on the tourist trail & that maybe 1 of the reasons it appeals for us as a regular place to visit. We like the craft beers & cocktails on offer. Also a nice kids menu. Decent wines at decent prices - but also the menu which is extensive enough for us to choose different each time. There are plenty of fish platter options, also meats etc. The staff are always pleasant - not over the top but offer friendly service. This time we opted for Portuguese clams to start followed by a grilled fish & Paella serving platter. It was enough for our family - 2 adults & 2 kids.

Reviewed 20 January 2018

A long awaited return visit to this great little restaurant - nearer Fortress Hill MTR stop than Tin Hua & just about a 5 min walk. Last time we really enjoyed our dinner here but did not want to repeat the same items. Luckily, there is plenty of choice on the menu & specials available. So much in fact we struggled as wanted to try so much & ended up choosing 3 starters between 2 of us )all various types of carpacio seafood. We also like the drinks menu here & happy hour pricing for cocktails & craft beers. We enjoyed portuguese clams & squid with chorizo as mains - perfectly cooked & washed down with a reasonable price bottle of white. Our girls enjoyed their pasta vongole & we left a happy family.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Booked this place on a Friday evening with our kids & friends & really loved it all. The menu was excellent & really reasonable price - if this was Soho then it could easily be double. Nice cocktails on special offer, good craft beer & an excellent wine menu at very reasonable prices for HK. We selected a lovely Torrontes - only £210 / bottle. Then the food - great seafood choices - we had an XL platter with oysters, crab, mussels, prawns, clams & snails - all fresh & tasty. Some pasta for the kids to share & a special offer of mussels with unlimited fries. Could not have been better & all served quickly & with a smile. Top marks - we will be heading back again.

1  Thank Andy P
Reviewed 25 August 2017

Just eaten at this place, where to start. Menu looked good and promised much. Three of us eating I'm more an appetiser then a dessert person so was the only one to have a starter. 8 baked oysters, ordered almost straight away so the others wouldn't have to wait long for main course. Waiter came back after few minutes to explain they could only do Spanish style and garlic, not the kilpatrick that was on the menu, I said this would be fine. Oysters arrived, garlic was just that, lots of slightly softened garlic, and Spanish style was a herb topping, both of these completely overpowered the oysters. However no sooner had I eaten the 1st one when my main course arrived, no problem I thought at least the others won't be sitting there watching me eat....WRONG ! It took about 10 minutes for my wife's dinner to arrive and a further 10 minutes before my sons got to the table, I had already finished. I must say at this point, my main course was good, lobster and steak however, my wife says her lamb skewers were ok but over seasond. My son says his burger a la maison was so greasy it made the bread bun soggy. So in hindsight food overall average at best, but service deplorable, told 2 different waiters we were not happy, however no apology and therefore needless to say no tip.

Reviewed 10 February 2017

Great food at an affordable price but other European dishes available, lunch weekday may need to be booked in advance as this restaurant is very popular. Relaxed atmosphere.