See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 October 2013

It is a mansion with a few blocks together.You'll be definitely confused especially the lift.There's two lift to one block.One lift takes you to all even number floors.The other to all odd numbers floors.I was shocked by the behaviour of the receptionist when I arrived.He gave me a couldn't be bother attitude and took his own sweet time to write every letter and paused a few times to talk to his colleague.Well,at least have the courtesy to tell me to wait.I was also confused where to go as there wasn't any instruction from him.If is a hotel,i'll take the lift to my room straight away but it is a mansion that's converted to a mini hotel with password access.Reception was on the 10th floor and my room is on the 7th floor.The lift as mentioned earlier does not go to 7th floor so we decided to take the stairs.To my horror,the staircase was so dirty and smelly that I have to hold my breath.In spite of the intolerant condition,i still use the staircase a few times due to the long qneue for the tiny lift. I was not expecting much from the budget hotel but I was very disappointed when I saw the room I was given.Agreed with Twixsleepyhead that all pictures and description of the room are not real.Everything in the room was not in a working condition.Clock on the wall,normal tv (not the flat screen tv as described online) safe and mini fridge.What you see in the room is just for show.There wasn't a hair dryer as mentioned too.Complained to the staff,was told that they'll get someone to fix it the next day.I guessed they promised me but they do not intend to do anything as we'll stay there for a few days only.True enough by the time we checked out,everything was still the same! I think the whole thing will recycle to the next room guests as most people will just put up for a few days only.They're so irresponsible and feel cheated!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank picchuperu
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I booked this hotel because of the location & the good size of rooms for triple.
When we checked in, I realized that ALL PICTURES IN booking.com ARE NOT REAL. I was too exhausted to complain for the first night. The rooms are small and dirty. The shower door is broken. The faucet & shower are leaking that we cannot sleep all night.

When I returned from my trip, I reported this to booking.com
Unfortunately, until now, the deceiving pictures and reviews are still there. I also figured that after I filed my complaint, I can't post my review at booking.com.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Twixsleepyhead
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Decent enough service, clean but cramped rooms with good beds. The ensuite showers are tiny.

Chungking mansions, the building in which this hostel is located, and many others, is home to a host of foreign, many technically illegal, visitors from Africa, India and east Asia.
The first few floors are a typical Asian bazaar. Oppressive, with everything available.

This hostel is one of a few which seems to be run by one guy or family. I ended up being put in a room which technically was inside another hostel on another floor.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank MastaBaba
Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

Upon entering the Chungking "mansions" it is pretty overwhelming, knowing which elevator to get would have definitely helped. When you walk in, turn right then left and catch the elevator up to the 10th floor.

As for the room, they're very small but clean and have a kettle and safe. Reception also offer complimentary tea and coffee and they have a microwave. This is a really cheap place to stay in Hong Kong, and I was happy with the place. The size isn't ideal, but you're a 2min walk to tsim shai Sui station and there is so much to see in Hong Kong you won't spend much time in there anyway

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Emb39
Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

I've booked this hotel with low expection (Actually,there is not good review for chungking mansion), but what i've been through was very very diasppointed , cause : 1. They gave me room from another hotel (hostel maybe), due to Days Hotel Room is fully, and they gave me the worst room, im very very speechless 2. The attitude from the receptionist, she is not smile even for single moment, (i just imagine, how can she get a boyfriend with that expression.BUt since i've came with low expectations, so i just accept that, but for further stay is a big NO NO NO. Its like touching your deepest and lowest your expectation.

• Stayed: January 2013