The Doorsett Seaview Hotel location is good for its price. However the service at this hotel is very POOR. During my two nights at the Dorsett the staff never smiled except for one of the housekeepers. In general the staffs make you feel unwelcome at this hotel.
Prior to my arrival I requested that the hotel send me an email with the address of the hotel to show to my taxi driver. I had to call the hotel two times and send two emails before they sent me the address.
Upon my arrival the staff were unable to provide me with a non-smoking king sized bed as requested in my reservation. I even called the hotel one day in advance to confirm my special requests. Instead I was given a smoking room with twin beds. Whatever happened to special requests????
The breakfast on the 19th floor is acceptable considering it only costs HK$50. The coffee tasted a little old.
The rooms are very small but are in good conditions. The housekeeping and engineering department do a great job maintaining these rooms considering that this hotel is not new.
The Dorsett requires guests to come to the lobby and sign a piece of paper before they will allow you to use the Internet. I asked the staff to go ahead and charge it to my room because they had my credit card on file. They refused my request and said I needed to come to the lobby. After hearing their policy I asked them to have a bellman bring sales invoice to my room to sign. The reception staff said it was impossible to do this request. I ended up going to another hotel and using their Internet for free in the lobby bar.
On my next to Hong Kong I will select a different hotel due to the poor service I received from the staff. The management needs to spend a little more time on customer service training in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silka Seaview, Hong Kong is situated in Yau Ma Tei, one of the most vibrant districts of Hong Kong. The hotel has 268 well-designed guest rooms to provide all the comforts of home. Just a footstep away from Yau Ma Tei MTR Station and right next to the Temple Street Market and Jade Market, the hotel's prime location provides unrivaled access to the busy commercial and entertainment life of the city. Complimentary in-town shuttle bus service is available, and the hotel offers the best value for money and a perfect accommodation for travellers on a budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Silka Seaview Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dorsett Seaview Hong Kong
- Hotel Dorsett Seaview
- Silka Seaview Hotel Hong Kong