US$128
US$115
  • Room Service
Cosmo Hotel Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$92
Hotel Direct
  • Room Service
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$201
US$189
Cordis Official
  • Pool
The Cityview Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$103
  • Restaurant
Royal Plaza Hotel(Hong Kong)
US$150
US$133
US$140
US$105
Agoda.com
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$92
Hotel Direct
US$134
US$114
Priceline
  • Room Service
Royal View Hotel(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$80
Priceline
US$248
US$221
  • Pool
All reviewstemple streetnight marketnathan roadyau ma teimtr stationladies marketrooms are smallnon smoking floorlimited spacehotel room ishandy phoneairport bushotel is locatedconvenient locationchoose this hotelstayed here for nightsdecent hotel
Reviewed 11 September 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and we are more than satisfy with the stay. It is true as many reviews we read about the tiny room so not going to elaborate any further on this. The room has everything we needed, daily cleaned room, great shower, electric kettle, safe box but no wardrobe (minus point for this). I guessed the floor we stayed had been recently renovated (because the room photos we saw here are different than the room we had). Another thing i would like to point out is the the bathroom sliding glass door. Even it is not a 'see through' glass, but we can still see some shadows of those inside the bathroom. I am traveling with my partner so we are fine with that but a point to note for those traveling with friends. The hotel staffs were polite (speaking relatively good English) and check in/out process is fast. This hotel is at a very good location and easily to locate from the MTR Yau Ma Tei, which is just 5 - 8 minutes walk from hotel. We even used the MTR all the way from the airport to the hotel without asking any locals (so i guessed it is not hard for me to find this hotel). A lot of good Chinese eateries nearby the hotel. There is McDonalds too nearby and right across the road of the hotel, there is a famous dessert shop (Hui Lau Shan - famous for its mango based dessert). Temple street market and Jade street market are just beside the hotel. Ladies street market, Sport wear street market are just about 12 - 15 minutes walk along the Nathan Road. We never take the breakfast at the hotel (so no comment on that) as there are too many choices outside the hotel. Definitely worth every cents we paid for.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2009

our travel agent booked us to this hotel without idea about the hotel.

as we check-in, we already noticed the rudeness of front desk....he kept on entertaining people who speak with the same language he spoke....considering that we are the 1st one who approach the front desk, he didin't bother to say politely to wait for a while...

now, this is the most rude attitude they did to us. we we're at the lobby of the hotel and we are waiting for some of our group there's this one hotel staff who is guarding the luggage of some hotel guests....i dont understand why the hotel staff kept on looking on us, from that gestures i can say that he's trying to say that we will do something not good to the luggages that he's guarding.

is that how you treat guest's?

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2009

This Hotel is well located and you stepped outside of it right into the markets. The night life outside of the hotel was vibrant and alive. I loved Hong Kong and would recommend visiting to anyone. My review has been made bias though because I had the company of my beautiful girlfriend and If I had been on my own my enjoyment of staying here might not have been as great. But even on my own I think this hotel would have given me a good place to sleep and have as a place to travel from everyday to go and explore the city. There are tube stations close by and if you have the energy you can walk to lots of places of interest. Right outside a few steps away you have the Jade market. And if you go down at night you walk straight into the night market. One word to sum up my time spent in Hong Kong is Wahaha :D Sorry you wouldn't understand unless you were there x

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2009

The tour actually stated that we would be off to Dorsett Far East Hotel but since the whole place had been booked [that's what they told us], the company did another arrangement and had sent us here instead. The receptionist was simply civil and only one attendant helped us carry our luggage. The hotel was really tall, but ideally it was rather skimpy. But what amazed me the most was how really small the room was. Do I need to add the bathroom too?! We just came from Macau and unfortunately our room in HK was like 5x smaller than our room back in Macau! It was like..wow. Is this really HK?! Well of course were traveling on a budget but I seriously didn't thought it would be that small. But anyway, their one-day McDonald's coupon was fun [which was a block away from the hotel] and yeah..their ham servings for their buffet breakfast was pretty bland or maybe that's just how they cook it.

• Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank friggincool
Reviewed 8 August 2009

Wanting to get the most out of our trip to Hong Kong (more tours and activities), we scrimped on the hotel. We figured we weren't going to spend that much time the hotel to begin with. It was a bad decision.

We had one room with two twin beds and another with a double bed. We were surprised to see the first room was small. But the second one was even smaller. With our luggage, we couldn't even walk on the floors anymore. There were only two non-smoking floors and we weren't even asked where we wanted to be placed in. The TV only had a select number of local channels and the bathrooms were small. The hotel staff was nice enough, although they didn't go out of their way to provide any assistance. There was on-going construction in the hotel, which made us a little nervous.

The only things we enjoyed about the hotel were: 1) the shower, 2) the wifi internet we could use for free in the lobby, and 3) it's location to the MTR, Wellcome grocery and McDonalds.

The nearby local stores even sold the same things so there wasn't much point in going around the street. You get what you pay for in Dorsett Seaview which is very little.

With 4 cameras between our group, none of us took a picture inside the hotel as there was simply nothing to see. The pictures on the website are very enhanced, the hotel is much smaller than it looks.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends