“Don't get lost in the shopping arcade!”

Ranked #94 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
USA
“Don't get lost in the shopping arcade!”
Reviewed 27 September 2010

This is a very nice hotel. Pleasant lobby, nice facilities and a really wonderful breakfast arcade (from miso soup to spanish omelettes.

I stayed there two nights on the way to Guangzhou. I arrived at the Hong Kong airport at 5 a.m. and took a taxi to the hotel. The room (obviously) was not ready, so they let me go up to the sauna and shower and change clothes before I headed out to sight see. After a 15 hour flight from LAX, this was really appreciated.

My room was a corner room on the ninth (SPG) floor. The view was okay, but if you want a view of the harbour, ask for one and ask for a higher floor. I was traveling on points, but colleagues who were SPG members and were paying got free breakfasts and a 100 Hong Kong dollar credit toward dry cleaning.

The room was very modern and stylish and nicely appointed. The location is very nice--near the Star Ferry terminal and the Kowloon waterfront and near the bustling nightlife of Tsim Sha Tsui, Be sure to visit the nearby Kowloon park in the morning to watch the people practicing Tai Chi and especially if you are a birdwatcher. You are also only one MTR stop from the Temple Street Night Market.

Two issues. They have a separate desk for SPG members but no separate line, which makes it difficult to use. You really seem like you are jumping line if you go to it and the others in line just glare at you.

The other was the concierge, who didn't seem too informed. After being turned away from both the Pennisula Hotel restaurant and the Sheraton's rooftop restaurant because my female colleague was wearing sandals, we asked for alternatives. They really couldn't suggest anywhere we could go given my friend's "Suzy Wong Shoes" except the Ruth Chris steakhouse, which required (according to them) a taxi ride. So we went out on foot and went into the Shangra La Hotel and asked where we could get a meal. They were very helpful.

Suggestion--Go to the rooftop hotel bar for a drink or afternoon tea. The view is fantastic!

I would definitely stay there again!

P.S. The entrances to the hotel are hard to find. There is an adjacent shopping arcade (The Elegance at the Sheraton) which is very mazelike and it is ver difficult to find your way to the hotel lobby from that shopping mall. (It is done via an elevator). The car entrance is off of Stanley Road(I think) and the easiest pedestrian entrance is off of Nathan Road.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Middle_Aged_Man
hmshk, Director of Sales & Marketing at Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, 6 October 2010
Dear Middle_Age_Man,

Thank you for your comments and great tips for guests coming to Sheraton Hong Kong. Our main entrance is along Nathan road which is easily accessible if you are coming by the MTR, and the car entrance is off Salisbury Road.

I trust that your colleagues had checked into our Towers Accommodation, where they could enjoy free breakfast at our top floor restaurant, laundry credits, private concierge and other benefits. We would recommend you to give it a try on your next visit.

We would also like to thank you for your suggestions towards our check-in procedures as well as concierge trainings. Your views are extremely helpful in the future development of the hotel and our staff.

sheraton.hongkong@sheraton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (725)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2010

I chose an executive level room for my stay and was quite disappointed at the level of service I received from the reception desk on the 16th floor. Treated really just like a ''normal'' customer who had secured a special deal to stay there rather than someone who was paying a bit extra for the amenities and service. The pool is ok if not a little worn and the gym is small considering the amount of people that where using it. It did look like it had the requeset number of machines though. The breakfast is very good with a hot selection made for you on the spot. The service when you did get it was up to par but one felt that you had to ask for it rather than expect it. The location of this hotel is perfect. Would I stay here again, probably but I would have to get a really stunning price to lure me away from the two Langhams. Very poor business center times. they should be open 24hrs.To cap it all on the day that I was leaving I was made to feel like I was an inconvenient distraction to the girl checking me out!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
hmshk, at Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, 29 September 2010
Dear starjohnday,

Thank you for choosing our hotel. We are sorry that you have found level of services during your stay below expectation. Your generous comments regarding our business centre and leisure facilities have been well-noted reflected to our Towers Manager. Should you have any further suggestions, please feel free to email us at Sheraton.hongkong@sheraton.com.

We are glad that you have found the Towers breakfast excellent and location ideal. We look forward to welcome you again in the hotel as we constantly better our services.

Warsaw
Reviewed 25 September 2010

Unfortunately even the good place of the hotel can not change my grade. Staff at the reception was not professional - I had to wait for quite long time for checking. The room was definitely not worth the price. Small, the view was poor. Try to look for pros but really hard to find - ach ... location but Peninsula near is definitely better choice.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Dear jozefg,

We apologize that your experience with our hotel has been disappointing. We are always looking to improve our guests’ experience, including our check-in processes, and would appreciate it if you can share with us any additional comments at sheraton.hongkong@sheraton.com.

Thank you for your comments and should you give us another chance, we trust to be able to demonstrate improved quality.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2010

I have use to travel to HK on business about 8 time a year. I would always check into this hotel, they use to always give me an Upgraded room. The hotel had everything that I needed to function from a business point of view and the location was perfect for me. I will return !!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Dear jft1,

Thank you for the continuous support of Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers. We are glad that our hotel is ideal for your trips. It will be our pleasure to host you again in the near future.

Herrsching, Deutschland
Reviewed 22 September 2010

What a hotel! A pleasure to stay there and makes any business trip almost into a vacation. Excellent rooms, very friendly and efficient service, high standard restaurants and a modern fitness room and roof pool. The highlight for me is the skyline bar with a view of the Hong Kong Island laser show while relaxing with a wine and Dim Sum.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Dear PeterHeb,

We are thrilled that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Symphony of Lights is the world’s largest permanent light show. Guests not only can view this spectacular display from our Sky Lounge, our Harbour View rooms provide similar fantastic views.

We look forward to your next visit in the hotel. By the way, the pictures that you have posted sure have captured essences of Hong Kong.