“Killing time at the airport.”

The Pier - Cathay Pacific Lounge
Ranked #54 of 10,859 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Checked out early from the hotel as there was a thunderstorm warning and didn't wanted to risk with the flight timings. So for killing time at the airport I visited the Business class pier. The noodle bar has pretty good food. Didn't disappoint a vegetarian like me. The desserts were cool. Overall a good experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The standard has been set by the first class Sakura lounge at narita, see my review there to see where I’m coming from.
It’s a great start with marble facades and a nice layout obvious from the start. Straight for a shower and it’s great but no razors for a shave. Ok.
Off for dinner. Yes! . Very fine.Great staff

And then to the bar. Oh dear. Chivas 12 and glenmorangie 10 for first class!?
Disgraceful.

No TV to watch the World Cup games on at present has to just say it’s ....boring.
Tip. The Camus XO is the best spirit on offer. Made sure they opened a fresh bottle

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As a Oneworld Emerald member I was looking forward to my first visit to this exquisite lounge at Hong Kong Airport. I had booked through Qantas from Sydney to London via Hong Kong, but had overlooked the fact that my flight out of Hong Kong was with Emirates who is a Qantas partner but not a member of Oneworld. I was looking forward to trying out this lounge and hesitantly offered my boarding pass to the lounge attendants and was told immediately to go to the Emirates lounge. Oh well, I tried.

On my return trip I had flown Cathay Pacific fro London and was on Qantas back to Sydney, so this time we did get in. My wife is a Oneworld Ruby member, so I was able to guest her in. Wow, I was impressed from the minute we entered. It is easily the best presented lounge I have been in, even better than Qantas First Class Lounges.

We headed straight to the dining section and we were welcomed at the entrance and seated at a table where we had a few minutes reading the menus. My wife chose the wonton with noodles in soup as a starter and the Porcini mushroom risotto, I had honey glazed barbecue pork as a starter and baked chicken supreme as a main. The meals are not huge, they are just the right sized meals so that dessert can be enjoyed also. We ordered mojitos to start, then had a glass of Dourthe La Grande Cuvee from Bordeaux, it was excellent!

My starter had been served and finished and my wife still had not received hers, then my main was served. We questioned my wifes meals and then her main was delivered before her starter. It did turn up a few minutes later. We don't want to complain as it's not a big deal and we aren't actually paying cash for the meal, it's just one of those things but we did expect better from this lounge. We also had to ask twice for clean cutlery after the first set was removed after plates were cleared. The meals themselves were excellent, the chicken serving was quite small, but that's okay for me. For dessert we both tried the banana walnut strudel in vanilla sauce, again it was excellent.

It's just a pity we didn't have more time to experience the spa or sitting area, we will return! All in all, it's excellent.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Why should you bother to maintain your status when you have to wait for three and a half hours to use facilities.

The pier first class offers mini spa services , it the wait for a 15 min foot massage was over 3 1/2 hours on 30/5/18 at 11:45 am.

Who spends that much time in a lounge, well if your flights are delayed which happened twice with me in the last week with Cathay.

It is not the airline it used to be and abuses its virtual Hong Kong monopoly.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Recently had a long stop over in Hong Kong. After spending 4 hours in Hong Kong we headed back to the airport where we had another 5 hours to wait before our evening flight. Decided to explore the 4 Cathay Pacific lounges there. The Pier was by far the best and we spended most of our time there. Very spacious and you do not feel crowded even with a lot of passengers there. The noodle bar is excellent, so was the bar with its wide choice of alcoholic beverages. Showers very good and there is even a quit room with mattresses if you need a sleep, I had a 1 hour power nap there.

Been to The Pier - Cathay Pacific Lounge? Share your experiences!