“Lovely boutique hotel in colorful Wanchai”

The Fleming, Hong Kong
Ranked #165 of 727 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Stayed at The Fleming for a company meeting, rooms were spacious by Hong Kong standards. In fact they had "ladies" and "men" rooms. I had a electric foot massager in my room, unfortunately did not have time to try it out, just to take a pix. The guys had a putting mat with putter and playstation. I did have a dvd player in my room which was great if I had the time. Also had a coffee maker but could not find the coffee, just tea bags!

I really liked the work table, it was long and spacious and there was a box filled with all the gadgets that you would need to work, like an adapter, adsl cable, stationery etc. The room was really functional, bathroom was big and spacious but the wardrobe was by the room entrance whereas the bathroom was at the opposite end of the room.

The little restaurant on the ground floor offered the basic continental breakfast, simple selection but enough. The second floor meeting room was good however a little small for our group.

Lobby area was nice and funky, high table great for working on your laptop, free wifi and friendly staff who were helpful in getting cabs etc.

Location was convenient, easy to get around. Took a walk around the neighbourhood, lots of bar and clubs with ladies hanging around.

Would certainly consider coming back again if I need to be in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ShanghaiGourmet

Reviewed 17 June 2012

One of the coolest hotels I have ever stayed. Modern, funky bathrooms and great lay out of the room. Most enjoyable.
Reception staff are extremely polite and obliging, one of them even crossing the road to hail a taxi for me, when I had to check out. Very nice touch indeed!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank airbus777
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Upon entering the hotel, one is impressed with the atmosphere. Although the lobby and receiving area are small, these areas are well designed and stylish in its simplicity and good choice of colors, furniture and ambient lighting.

I was very happy with the professionalism of the staff at The Fleming Hotel. All of them spoke very good English. Furthermore, they are very pleasant, helpful and polite.

I sampled one late afternoon the wine offered to guests... One can enjoy a glass of wine and some chips/nuts conveniently offered at the lobby. A few coffee table books are displayed for the guest to browse while drinking a glass of wine.

The hotel has a cute dining area which serves good buffet breakfast. Tables and chairs are very comfortable and has a homey but modern atmosphere.

The hotel room is spacious enough as compared to other new hotels in Hong Kong. Bathroom is good sized as well.

Advantages of staying at this hotel:
*proximity to the HK Convention and Exhibition Center
*walking distance to Wanchai train station
*new and clean hotel
*reasonably priced for the quality of rooms and very good service

Disadvantage:
*not so close to shopping district; One needs to take a cab to Central, Pacific Place, Causeway... (easy anyway to take the MTR or find a taxi)

For sure, I will come back to The Fleming.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank anamarie0223
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Having stayed in Hong Kong previously and enjoyed the central location offered by The Fleming Hotel, my friends and I decided to stay for our recent trip there.
What a good decision we made. The location, service and value for money was outstanding.
Nothing was an issue or concern for the staff and out of 8 people, not one of us could find a fault.
We will be back next year.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I have stayed at the Fleming before, and I said back then that in my opinion this hotel offers one of the best value for money accomodations you can find in Wanchai. I am still of the same opinion after my last stay.

I booked a Superior room through Agoda for about USD 130/night. Upon arrival, I was given a smoking room, but as I am a non-smoker I asked to change to a non-smoking room. I was told that no Superior non-smoking room was available, but since there was no way to specify non-smoking room when I booked through Agoda, the hotel accepted to upgrade me free of charge to a non-smoking Deluxe room. Thank you very much for this kind gesture, Fleming Hotel!

Internet in the room came free of charge, and the rate included breakfast.

Rooms are clean, decent sized and I was on the 12th floor and was not bothered by noise.

Location is good, and it's easy to get a taxi from outside of the hotel. You are within minutes walk from the Star Ferry Wanchai pier for ferries to Kowloon side.

I am very pleased with my stay at the Fleming Hotel and I hope to stay there again at my next visit to Hong Kong.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo