“No problem going anywhere in HK”

Courtyard Hong Kong
Ranked #60 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Manila, Philippines
“No problem going anywhere in HK”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Every 30 min, the shuttle bus was ready to bring you to IFC, Pacific Place and Sheung Wan MTR station in the mornings and every hour after lunch until 10pm. We also did not have a problem going back to the hotel because the schedule of the shuttle bus is up to 10:30pm. We saved a lot in transportation. After all those shopping, ride the shuttle, go back to the hotel , drop off the bags, hop again in the shuttle! Breakfast was good too. Staff was courteous, they didn't expect tips. Definitely will stay in courtyard again!

Room Tip: Stayed in a 2-double bed room. Had a nice room facing the harbor!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Orangevale, California
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I took the shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Traveling alone I was a little intimidated, however, Marriott makes it so easy. I cleared customs and walked straight out to their booth. They were wonderful to me. Staff at this hotel went more than the extra mile in helping me with some issues I had with Princess Cruises. It is really easy to get from the hotel to Central Hong Kong via public transportation. Taxis are very reasonable too. My room overlooked the harbor. Had it not been for the haze I would have had a magnificent view. Room was very comfortable. Though my bathroom was not very large, for one person it was ideal. Bed was ultra comfortable. Marriott gets my vote.

Room Tip: Higher floors are usually best choice.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank TeaGran27
Singapore
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We stayed a week at a corner room which was very comfortable and had a spacious bathroom. While the sea facing rooms might have been a nicer choice, we did not feel we missed out on anything given the overall comfort of the place. Transport was the biggest plus. The Airport Express buses A10 and A12 stops right outside the hotel which makes taking a taxi unnecessary. The tram stop is also located a very short walk away along the perpendicular street. If that isn't enough, the hotel also provides hourly shuttles around central HK which we frequently took to and from locations on the way to Disneyland and Macau. Other pluses for me were the eating places nearby, the strong wifi signal throughout the hotel and the decent sized gym. I would return anytime.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I took the hotel shuttle from the airport. Helpful Marriott staff at the booth even waited for me to buy my octopus card before showing me to the shuttle stop. Prompt reception and check in at the hotel. They helped me every day to catch the taxi to the HK University and ensured the taxi drivers knew exactly where I was going. Concierge kindly reminded me about the available shuttle to the MTR and IFC when I needed to go into the CBD and Kowloon.
Service could not be faulted.
Breakfast was satisfactory with quite a wide choice of eastern and western dishes. Egg station as well as noodle station.
Room service was guaranteed at 45 minutes but usually quicker and no additional surcharge to order to your room vs eating in the restaurant which was helpful for a solo traveller.
Everything worked well, the room was clean and new with nice harbour view. Free internet access throughout the hotel. No charge when I went to print my boarding pass at the executive lounge even though I did not stay at the executive floor.
Location at western end was not an issue unless all you want to do is shop till you drop then maybe Kowloon or the CBD is better. The hotel shuttle, tram and cheap taxis made the location a non-issue and the room rates were definitely lower than elsewhere because of that. I was very happy with my choice of this hotel and as I travel a fair bit for business and leisure, I would say this place is value for money.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank aussiegirl14
leicester
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This hotel is very comfortable reasonable value for money in an interesting bustling non touristy location.
Situated a nice 30 min walk from the centre of Hong Kong island amid high rise properties and colourful dried food shops and restaurants this makes for an interesting stay. For those that dont like to walk too much the charming and very inexpensive tram is yards from the hotel door and costs about 20p whether you travel for one stop or 20 ( have correct change )
The neighbourhood is safe and some very good local cuisine can be had yards from the hotel.
Would visit again.