“Too Much Plastic”

Ranked #650 of 686 Dessert in Hong Kong
Neighbourhood: Peak
Neighbourhood: Peak
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stopped here after walking through Ma Hang Park at Stanley on a very hot day. I can see that other reviewers have rated the gelato poorly but we were hot and tired enough that the lemon gelato tasted very refreshing. We enjoyed it although the serving size is very small and it is expensive for what you get. What was disappointing however, was not the gelato itself, but the amount of plastic used. We chose cups rather than cones and instead of paper cups, we got plastic with plastic spoons – a disappointing and unnecessary use of plastic just to serve gelato.

Date of visit: May 2021
23  Thank Mairwen1
Write a reviewReviews (38)

Reviewed 8 January 2020

My daughter and I each ordered a single scoop in a waffle cone and the serving they handed over was such a pitiful amount for the astronomical price we paid! (Please refer to photo) My daughter's "wild blueberry" was $57 HKD (almost $10 CAD) and my cookies n' cream was $52 HKD ($8,50 CAD)
Just as I was about to eat my gelato I noticed a long strand of hair attached to the cone! I went back in and they gave me a replacement, I started eating the new cone then saw hair IN the gelato! I grabbed my daughter's cone and promptly demanded a full refund for both cones!
I asked to speak to the manager and was told there is no manager. The website found online no longer works so there is no way to contact the owner of this shop.
If you want ice cream in Stanley Plaza go into the grocery store which is a two minute walk away and buy your ice cream there. Stay far, far away from this dump.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 23 August 2019

It was only an average ice cream in a cone for a horrendously expensive price. I bet no other place in the world charged £6 for a single scoop of ice cream. 一個雪糕球值52港元!然後在門口寫上18元一球.進去才發現原來是給狗狗吃的雪糕. 給人吃的正常雪糕要52元!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 30 June 2019 via mobile

Ice cream and gelato is ok but the store only accepts cash! Which is somewhat ridiculous in 2019 and clearly shows that they don’t care about their customers. Hopefully the owners will read this and start putting their customers first by allowing other means of payment like octopus, credit card, Apple Pay, etc.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed 2 June 2019 via mobile

We were lured in by what appeared reasonable prices (18 hkd per scoop), which turned out to be for ‘dog icecream......’. In fact we ended up paying something like 8 euros for a small icecream, plus an extra 1 euro for the fact that one of the flavours was a ‘premium’ one (how much more premium can it get....). And when trying to pay the HKD 206 (for 3 small ice creams) it emerged that they dont accept credit cards.... making me find an ATM to withdraw cash..... Terrible experience; poor service, mediocre taste, outrageous prices... Avoid avoid avoid....

Date of visit: June 2019