“Won't be going Back.”

Ranked #24 of 1,907 Hotels in Nanjing
Hong Kong, China
“Won't be going Back.”
Reviewed 26 December 2007

Just stayed one night. Arrived early evening - hotel lobby was fine, the hotel I think is one of the tallest buildings in Nanjing. Our rm was clean.Bed was huge like 2 queen size. Actually the rm was reasonably comfortable. The furnishings were not to my taste. Tried using my 800nbr calling card, but told that there would be a 10yuan connection fee per call. Then I went to Biz centre to use the internet- there was a min. fee for first 20mins -so I stopped & went back to the centre reception after 19mins&waited for the girl to serve me - was told that I did not log out & would have to pay for another 5mins- I flatly refused as I had been waiting & she did not tell me I had to shut down the pc. She relented reluctantly. Dinner at top floor Chinese restaurant for 2 was really expensive and the food was not up to standard, infact the price for a meal for 2 cost more then a meal for 5 at the Royal Meridian in shanghai. Tthis hotel was trying to rip us off at any given opportunity

• Liked — quiet room/clean
  • Disliked — Trying to get every cent out of us
  • Stayed November 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Korean first
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 20 December 2007

A good 5 star hotel. Access from airport and business is good, city centre is a 'little' busier.
Nanjing nightlife is close with taxi for just 10 RMB.

The Internet connection is swift and cheap.

Good service and the (breakfast) restaurant has a good buffet selection.

• Stayed December 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 November 2007

This formerly-Hilton property retains much of the charm from its halcyon days. The Americans may have pulled out, but the management in this outfit remains relatively experienced and able.

The moment you drive into the lobby of the hotel, you know you're in for a pampering. The facilities are first-class and well-maintained despite showing evidence of age. The lobby is huge and impressive, but had a weird smell of fried fish or chicken when I was there.

Check-in was swift and straight-forward. The front desk staff gave me what I asked for, and for the rate I was paying, I must say the room was excellent. Unfortunately, late into the night, I tried hooking up to the net and found that it was not working. After some to-ing and fro-ing, the staff who had come up to my room to help with the connection decided that I should change room. A bit of a hassle, but all done in a professional , efficient and friendly way. I was rather impressed, admittedly.

The room had all the amenities of a 5-star hotel. I stayed on the executive floor so the lesser rooms may not have some of the extras (e.g. a loofa in the shower, separate show cubicle) in my room. The size was a good one, making me feel very comfortable and in fact may seem big for somebody who is used to the small rooms in Hong Kong and major Asian cities.

I checked out within a day, as my trip had to be shortened. I used to stay at the Jinling or the Sheraton Kingsley in the centre of Nanjing city in previous visits, but this first stay at Metropark Plaza left a good impression for me. The ease of accessing the expressway to go to the airport and go to the factories / petrochemical park is also a plus, as the hotel is located just next to the freeway.

I highly recommend this hotel to the discerning business traveller. And the best thing is, it's not THAT expensive.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
Beijing, China
Reviewed 1 February 2007

This hotel was formerly a Hilton, now has changed to local management so you won't get points staying here. I have stayed here once, thought it was ok, but not one of the top hotels in Nanjing for business travelers. Now I stay at the Grand Hotel since my company has a rate there and in comparison I think it is much better. Also the location is nearby the universities so you have a good mix of restaurants and shops on Shanghai road and Ninghai road. The top hotels for most foreign business people are currently the Crown Plaza and the Sheraton. The Sheraton is quite new and across the street from the nightlife and Jimmy's Pizza, which is run by an expat.

Stayed February 2006
Scandia, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 December 2004

When we went over to adopt in 2001, we weren't sure what to expect. We'd both traveled all over the world but this was our first of several trips to China. The place they put us in Beijing had been a nice surprise. So when we flew to Nanjing, drove to Changzhou, drove back with our new baby and arrived at the Hilton after an 18 hour day, we were BEAT. Wow. What a surprise. I travel about 150 days a year on business. I get to pick my own hotels. And rarely end up in places as nice as this Hilton. The rooms were large. The restaurant was amazing. The staff was courteous. The neighborhood was clean, quiet and safe. The pool was huge. (Sophia loved it. Her first time in a pool.) I can't say enough nice stuff about this hotel.

Be sure to go to the Rape of Nanjing Museum. And if you want to impress your hosts, ask to see the "big bridge".

9 Thank Layover