US$192
US$53
US$47
Agoda.com
1,404 results
All reviewsthe executive loungesailendra restaurantsecurity checkmega kuninganbusiness triproom servicewonderful hotelrestaurant staffbreakfast spreadfitness centerfive star hotelbusiness hotelbusiness districtspecial thanksshopping mallconciergemeeting
Reviewed 18 December 2011

A great hotel - excellent staff & a clean and comfortable property makes it a pleasant business trip.

Room Tip: Go for the Club Rooms - has happy hour until 9pm where you can eat a healthy meal
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I was there for 9 days on business. The staff was always very helpful from the front desk and concierge to the restaurant staff. Since I have a Marriott Rewards account, internet was free, wired in the room. That is a pretty low standard for getting it free. The breakfast buffet was included and I don't believe I have eaten at such a diverse one, Chinese, Korean, American, Indian sometimes Japanese and local dishes. Lots of fruit, etc.
The room is fine with a very comfortable bed, excellent plumbing.
One annoying thing is the security just to get in to the hotel, like US Airport-lite. I believe they had some incidents back sometime. However, if it makes you feel safe, that's a plus.
Con: There is not a lot of walk-friendly space around. However there is a mini-mall with Starbucks, Grocery Store, several noodle joints and one or two nice restaurants, only steps away. A little farther is the Ambassador Mall, which has a lot of things but oddly, more camera stores than in any US City anymore.
Can't go wrong in my opinion.

Room Tip: I don't think it matters much which way you look out, both views seem about the same and noise was not an issue.
1  Thank Phil H
Reviewed 10 December 2011

I've stayed at the JW Marriott in other cities, but this was my first stay at the JW Marriott Jakarta as my usual hotel was fully booked.

Overall my stay was great. Rooms were spacious and the bathroom was spotless. Service was top notch and service staff attentive - obviously the people had been well trained. The Lindt chocolate on the bed as part of the turn down service was a nice touch. The gym was equipped with new and a wide selection of equipment and whilst small, was empty when I was there.

Good selection of Western and Asian cuisines, and my only issue here was the cooking smell that lingered in the dining hall on the ground floor during breakfast which meant I ended up at work smelling of a used kitchen. I assume the smell is most likely from the food being cooked in the same open area as the dining.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Rachmalia N, Public Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to give us feed back and for sharing your experience with us during your stay at the JW Marriott Hotel, Jakarta.

It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able provide you a sense of being well looked after. We also are delighted to know that you liked our rooms and the food selection in Sailenda , our award wining restaurant.

We have noted your feedback on the food smell and our dedicated team of associates are working towards taking care of that issue.

We thank you for choosing the JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta for your stay. Feedback such as yours is always very encouraging and very important to us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon!

Please do contact us for any inquiry or feedback at mhrs.jktjw.marcomm.exec@marriotthotels.com or call us at (021) 5798 8888.

Best regards,

The Management

Reviewed 2 December 2011

From a personal perspective, I can say that the rooms are very well appointed and comfortable. I travel a lot for work,was lucky to enjoyed other JW Marriott's around the world but this one is definitely not as classy like all the other one .
I have to add that here if you are a fan of "look like security" you are at the right place ..
The security imprtant part of a stay for frequent travellers ,it is here a nice show .
After already 2 weeks stay (2 more to go ) i had oportunity to experience all kinds of situations making you feel uncomfortable .
I carry the same bag when i travel around the world but here it require each time a specific "search" ??
being witness of differences when local well known customers arrives they are not search with the same curiosity as like me a long staying guest who provided all information as passport ,company ,and other detailed information .

1  Thank jeanMarcPGunsbach
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I stayed two nights at the JW Marriott in Jakarta and greatly enjoyed my stay. I was there to put on a big web conference for 750 people, so I can comment on both my personal experience and my experience with the conference.

From a personal perspective, I can say that the rooms were very well appointed and comfortable. I travel a lot for work, and I've stayed in more than a few overpriced, crappy hotels. The JW Marriott is more comfortable than many, and less expensive (though perhaps pricey for the Indonesian market, I didn't notice because every other hotel I stay in costs way more). The staff is unfailingly friendly and accommodating. The breakfast buffet is wonderful: my favorite part is the buffet of freshly squeezed, tropical juices (orange, pineapple, mango, guava). The buffet also has a wide selection of food from across the world, so no matter what you like, you're likely to find it here.

From a conference perspective, the hotel staffed our very large event and made sure that the basics were covered. The food was better than average for large-scale hotel catering. There was ample staffing to cover the large number of people for the event. The hotel's wifi choked a bit (a common experience at conferences like this), but in all I give it an excellent rating.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for access to the Executive Lounge. It's worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to give us feedback and for sharing your experience with us during your stay at the JW Marriott Hotel, Jakarta.

We are delighted to hear that we have become a hotel of choice during your travel. Feedback such as yours is always very encouraging and are very important to us. It is also great to hear that you specially enjoyed breakfast at our award winning “Sailendra” Restaurant and is a pleasure to know you loved the selection on offer.

Please also accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience faced with our wireless internet which did not live up to your expectation.

Once again we thank you for choosing the JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta as a venue for both your stay and your event and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon!

Best regards,