“Pathetic Service and THIEVES! ~PICS ATTACHED FOR PROOF~”

JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta
Ranked #13 of 469 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 8 August 2017

I have been living in and out of hotels for the longest time because of my job calls for it.

This has been the worse experience i have ever had at the Hotel. First of all i arrived 25 mins before 2.00 pm to which the lady who attended me refused to even talk to me shunned me away and asked me and my 69 year old father to stand at the side and wait till it was 2.00pm. After waiting for 15+ minutes there was Ms.Putri Widyanti (Executive Housekeeper) who noticed the frustrated look on our faces and after hearing what had happened, immediately swung into action and got us a room within 5 minutes. I did receive an apology card (attached) for this but for the insult that we had to go through nothing can make up for it

If this wasn't enough their food has gone from bad to worse our company has an association with them for years and they cant challenge this.

But this wasn't the end of the horrifying ordeal they reached an all new low to earn extra revenue. My bill was IDR 2,296,580 rp. I have the bill copy and have attached the same for your reference. But i was charged a total on my card IDR 3,000,000rp. + IDR 2,296,580 rp. So a total of IDR 5,296,580 Rp.

That means the initial amount that was blocked by them wasn't returned and i was lied to at the time of check out that it has been released.

A warning for all of you'll be aware and check your credit card statement as unknowingly we will end up paying double or even triple if we fall trap to their thieving mechanism.

Room Tip: Higher Floors Facing the City
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
JKTJW-GM, Director of Rooms at JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear Rohit0210,

Thank you for bringing this to my concern. I can assure you that this is not a robbed, this is a common procedure at most hotels in the world where we have taken hold some amount of your credit card for deposit upon check in. Those deposit will be released automatically by our local bank, and the length of the process determined solely by their credit card release procedure and also the bank provider of your credit card. I understand your concern and I am currently working with our local bank to put your matter as priority.

Chrestian Pesik
Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (1,324)

Reviewed 8 August 2017

The hotel is good and the service is excellent. I liked the food in the breakfast area and th ehotel staff was very friendly. Additionally the room was very convenient and I got na upgrade a gold member to a better category. Next time I will stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
JKTJW-GM, Hotel Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear chris_27m,

It is such a pleasure to have you at the hotel and we are very delighted that the service provided was up to your expectation. Your positive feedback had been shared with the entire team to continuous motivate them in providing superior customer service. Me and the team will be very happy to have you again in your upcoming stay. I will ensure that everything will be just as memorable every time. Thank you for choosing JW Marriott Jakarta on your travel.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

This Marriott is one of the best marriotts I have ever stayed in hands down. The staff are so friendly and nothing is a problem for them to do to make your stay not just special but outstanding. The team in the Executive lounge, Avlia, Cho di Jah, Dhina, Eto, Nakita and Wenny are the best Marriott staff I have ever come across, in any marriott anywhere. I travel a lot and marriott is our hotel of choice and this place is home. The Gym, the food, the rooms, and the location is wonderful. From the Door men/women and the security staff to the upper management everyone really puts in the extra effort to make everyone's stay a wonder memory.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Chris S
JKTJW-GM, Hotel Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Dear Chris S,

It is such a pleasure to receive an extensive compliment in regards with the services provided by the entire team. I have conveyed your positive feedback towards the Executive Lounge team and the others who are joining me in anticipating your next visit with us. Me and the team will ensure that your future stays are well taken care of. Thank you for always choosing JW Marriott Jakarta as your preferred hotel and I will be looking forward to welcome you back at the property.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I stayed at JW Marriott when I visited Jakarta last December. Reflecting on such a positive previous experience, I was expecting a similar level of service when I stayed there again last June.

Impressively, one of the hotel staff remembered me when I first checked-in. The attention and the service I received were even better than my first stay. I was really satisfied with my overall experience and the consistency shown by the hotel staff. A truly recommended hotel!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
JKTJW-GM, Hotel Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear Gerry C,

It is such a pleasure to have you back at the hotel and we are very delighted that the service provided was still up to your expectation. Your positive feedback had been shared with the entire team to continuous motivate them in providing superior customer service. Me and the team will be very happy to have you again in your upcoming stay. I will ensure that everything will be just as memorable every time. Thank you for always choosing JW Marriott Jakarta on your travel.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed 1 night for business
The location is in the heart of kuningan and only 10 minutes to lotte ciputra mall which is a very nice mall.
Check in and out is very easy
The room is spacious and provide great city view. Bed is very comfy with many pillows, bathroom is spacious with separate bathtub and shower box
All amenities is complete.
The room is also well lit, i eat at the buffet restoran and satisfied with so many of choices there, they even had a satay stall! Great taste too
The fitness centre is big and cool enough
I had a great stay there
Even though it is a 4* but the service is 5*
Great job Marriot

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
JKTJW-GM, Director of Rooms at JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Dear valent f,

I am delighted to hear that you have an enjoyable stay with JW Marriott Jakarta. Your feedback had been shared with the team who are joining me to anticipate your next visit with us. I will be very happy to ensure that everything will be just as wonderful the second time. Thank you for choosing JW Marriott Jakarta and we will be looking forward to welcome you back.

Chrestian Pesik