“Nice hotel”

JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta
Ranked #13 of 469 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 15 September 2017

I stayed here for four nights in September on a business trip. Due to security concerns at these hotels, there were a lot of security personnel. They have a tough job as they need to do their jobs without offending their guests. I always thanked them for protecting the hotel and people....especially the guy with the machine gun. As per security, they are strict on taking photos inside and out. I was told that taking photos from even the sidewalk of the hotel sign was not allowed. I understood what happened at the hotel years ago and respected their rules to try to prevent it in the future.

The personnel at the hotel were all very courteous and helpful.

The breakfast was very good. Lots of selection and had numerous dishes to order. I'm not a bacon guy, but if you want them, they are actually set off to the side.

Fitness room was outstanding. Lots of cardio and weight equipment. The cardio equipment had built in tv monitors. It felt like a high end fitness facility.

Overall I had a very nice stay at this hotel. If you have never been to Jakarta, instead of the choosing the hotel by name, I would seriously consider staying in a nice hotel close to your meeting or business location. The traffic in Jakarta is the worst. Staying close to your hotel will save you grief on the road.

Room Tip: As in any big city, try to get a room as high as you can to get away from street noise.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
JKTJW-GM, Director of Rooms at JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear TalonCalif,

I am very happy to hear that you were enjoying your stay with us. Your valuable and positive feedback will be relayed immediately to my team to continue motivate them in providing superior services. Thank you for your constant loyalty towards JW Marriott Jakarta. Me and my team will be looking forward to welcome you back again on your next visit with us.

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (1,324)

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Love the location and the staff, but it's not exactly a 5-star hotel due to the shortcomings of the management. Let's start with the simple fact that roofs are not made until 4 in the afternoon. When I check inn I noticed some trash under my bed. Guess what 4 days latter it's still there, that brings me to a next observation, no daily vacuuming. To be a true five star hotel everything has to be perfect.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
JKTJW-GM, Director of Rooms at JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear Leo G,

Thank you for your time in writing a review for us on TripAdvisor. As the comfort and cleanliness are part of our hotel priorities, I apologize that your guestroom fell short of your expectations. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with my housekeeping team in an effort to improve the overall guest experience. Thank you for your valuable feedback for us. I hope that we can better your experience during your next travel and stay with us.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I absolutely love this hotel! It has everything you need...from fine dining to a world class spa and luxury lounge! The best part about this hotel is it's staff and management. They all go above and beyond to ensure that you feel like royalty! I've been coming to this hotel since 2007 and will never go anywhere else when visiting Jakarta for work or pleasure!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Auredith T,

I am honor to hear that our hotel has always been your first choice whenever your travel brings you to Jakarta. Your valuable and positive feedback will be relayed immediately to my team to continue motivate them in providing superior services. Thank you for your constant loyalty towards JW Marriott Jakarta. Me and my team will be looking forward to welcome you back again on your next visit with us.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed due to fam n friend's wedding. The night we stayed was good and no hiccup. The following morning, came down for brekky then went up to get ready for the entourage wedding ceremony. Unable to enter our own room the indicator light is off, no red no green colour appear, we swiped all 2 cards about 10x. I thought OMG. I went downstairs told the reception no light when I swiped this card and told that the box must be faulty. Mr Dhito changed the swipe card and asked me to try again. Fail. Again went downstairs and said the same things that how could I swipe the card in the lift but not in my room, weird huh? It must be the box is faulty or broken already. Mr Dhito came along upstairs with his all access card. Ta da....no luck, fail. So he rang the technicians and about 5mins came and undo the battery box and clean the area, try old battery, fail and clean again while waiting his mate to bring new battery, about 6mins trys new battery, no luck, fail. Clock is ticking! We have 10mins to get ready. Mr Dhito disappeared and the technicians tried to call someone to get the security because at last they agreed it could be the box problem. Dough!!!!!!

We waited again, wasted 5mins, security came and laughed, tried to open the box and door is open.
We burst in to the room and start to get ready in 3 mins. Not sure what are they talking about and how to fix it but definitely they offered us to change the room as Mr Dhito afraid is going to happen again.

Summary: need to trust your guest' thought sometime, analised the situation first though. I havent travel a lot but in my recent trips, I learnt a problem always with the hotel's card so that's why I can make a fast positive comment on that. Plus, please act faster especially when we have ceremony to attend. It could have been done in 10 mins or less instead of 30mins. A technician should have all the equipments ready and complete everyday. A security should come quickly, that's what security means, right?

Overall, enjoying the stay, friendly and professional receptionist and the workers. Nice workers and very secure hotel.

Thank you.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
JKTJW-GM, Hotel Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear Chris H,

Thank you for taking time in sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. As a valued guest, I apologize for the inconvenience caused due to door lock that occurred during your recent stay. I have relayed your valuable feedback to my hotel team to ensure that it was an one off issue which will be corrected moving forward.

Upholding our commitment in providing superior customer service, I hope that we can better your experience during your next travel and stay with us.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback, really appreciate.

Vikas Malik
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Spacious room with nice amenities and good quality bed
Breakfast was great and huge option of food variety
location is good close to most embassy and big shopping mall
staff are friendly and fast decision maker

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Aldo S
JKTJW-GM, Director of Rooms at JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Aldo S,

We appreciate you taking time to share with us your experience at our hotel. Thank you for your positive comments. I am continuously working with my team to ensure flawless service and to produce great experiences for our guests. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would love to serve you again and I will ensure that the food and your stay are just as memorable the second time. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.