“Good Hotel, Startegy Location, Wonderful Staffs”

JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta
Ranked #14 of 471 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 23 September 2017

Traveling to Jakarta from Malaysia for a Business Trip from 12Sep-15Sep2017.

Stay at here for my entire trip. JW Marriott located strategically at the middle of the town and you can easily get any public transport (taxi/Grab here). Walking distance to several shopping mall and easy to look for restaurant/dining place.

I am very impressed with the security check done by the security and staffs at main entrances, they are very professional, good manner and efficient. Guest Relations Officer (Bella) is very helpful, charming and polite. Great to have her to greet/serve me when i check-in & depart from the hotel. She did a very good job!

Talking about the room, it's very spacious, clean and comfort. The internet speed is SuperB and very stable! However, the sound proof of the room is not really up to expectation. Also, you may want to regularly check on the Hotel Room Mini Bar, whereby the free coffee might need to be replace sometimes as the packet looks like it's been there for very long.

Meanwhile, for the breakfast, with lots of choices and taste averagely. In-Room dining also up to expectation and very fast. No time to enjoy the facilities at the hotel, shall give a try on my next visit.

Room Tip: there's connected room.. good and easy for family. But if for couple/business trip traveler, you...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
JKTJW-GM, Hotel Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear chunnang87,

Thank you for choosing JW Marriott Jakarta on your recent visit. With a mission to always provide superior customer service, I am delighted to hear that my team had made your stay warm and enjoyable. Your positive feedback will be relayed towards Bella to continue motivates her in delivering exceptional experiences. Thank you also for your constructive feedback about the in-room coffee and I will ensure that this was an one off issue which will be corrected immediately.

Me and my team will be looking forward to your next stay with us.

Vikas Malik
Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,337)

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Situated in the heart of the busy city of Jakarta this JW was a wonderful respite from the overwhelmingly slow traffic. I was greeted with a security protocol as you entered which certainly made you feel safe right away. The staff was friendly and agreeable and checked me in very quickly. As I was located in a room that had access to the executive lounge I was brought up to my room by a staff employee. The room privileges were explained to me and I shortly thereafter went to the executive lounge for canapes and drinks. The executive lounge is professionally decorated for an upscale business environment and was flawless in every way. The the staff was friendly , took the extra time to remember your name anf continued to serve an everflowing drink menu right up until the time of it's ending. The food was absolutely wonderful, with a nightly menu that included pasta, chicken, asian delights, noodles, cheeses, capers, small desserts, many breads and condiments. The breakfast buffet was also very good as they made individual omelettes to your specifications and provided an assortment of hot dishes, pre-made for ease of serving yourself. Coffee was hot and came quickly. I would recommend the JW to anyone staying for business in Jakarta. Be sure to download the Uber app as that appears to be the best way to get around with a suit on. Venture out on a grab motor if you feel so inclined. Great stay and I would do it again

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
JKTJW-GM, Director of Rooms at JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Joe F,

Thank you for taking time in sharing your experience with us at JW Marriott Jakarta. With a mission to provide superior services, I am delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. Your feedback had been shared with my team to continuous motivates them in doing better. Thank you for staying with us and I will be looking forward to welcome you back at the property.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

I stayed here for four nights in September on a business trip. Due to security concerns at these hotels, there were a lot of security personnel. They have a tough job as they need to do their jobs without offending their guests. I always thanked them for protecting the hotel and people....especially the guy with the machine gun. As per security, they are strict on taking photos inside and out. I was told that taking photos from even the sidewalk of the hotel sign was not allowed. I understood what happened at the hotel years ago and respected their rules to try to prevent it in the future.

The personnel at the hotel were all very courteous and helpful.

The breakfast was very good. Lots of selection and had numerous dishes to order. I'm not a bacon guy, but if you want them, they are actually set off to the side.

Fitness room was outstanding. Lots of cardio and weight equipment. The cardio equipment had built in tv monitors. It felt like a high end fitness facility.

Overall I had a very nice stay at this hotel. If you have never been to Jakarta, instead of the choosing the hotel by name, I would seriously consider staying in a nice hotel close to your meeting or business location. The traffic in Jakarta is the worst. Staying close to your hotel will save you grief on the road.

Room Tip: As in any big city, try to get a room as high as you can to get away from street noise.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear TalonCalif,

I am very happy to hear that you were enjoying your stay with us. Your valuable and positive feedback will be relayed immediately to my team to continue motivate them in providing superior services. Thank you for your constant loyalty towards JW Marriott Jakarta. Me and my team will be looking forward to welcome you back again on your next visit with us.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Love the location and the staff, but it's not exactly a 5-star hotel due to the shortcomings of the management. Let's start with the simple fact that roofs are not made until 4 in the afternoon. When I check inn I noticed some trash under my bed. Guess what 4 days latter it's still there, that brings me to a next observation, no daily vacuuming. To be a true five star hotel everything has to be perfect.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
JKTJW-GM, Director of Rooms at JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear Leo G,

Thank you for your time in writing a review for us on TripAdvisor. As the comfort and cleanliness are part of our hotel priorities, I apologize that your guestroom fell short of your expectations. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with my housekeeping team in an effort to improve the overall guest experience. Thank you for your valuable feedback for us. I hope that we can better your experience during your next travel and stay with us.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I absolutely love this hotel! It has everything you need...from fine dining to a world class spa and luxury lounge! The best part about this hotel is it's staff and management. They all go above and beyond to ensure that you feel like royalty! I've been coming to this hotel since 2007 and will never go anywhere else when visiting Jakarta for work or pleasure!

Dear Auredith T,

I am honor to hear that our hotel has always been your first choice whenever your travel brings you to Jakarta. Your valuable and positive feedback will be relayed immediately to my team to continue motivate them in providing superior services. Thank you for your constant loyalty towards JW Marriott Jakarta. Me and my team will be looking forward to welcome you back again on your next visit with us.