US$173
US$181
RitzCarlton.com
US$85
US$79
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 April 2015

Mangga besar is known for their night life activities, so if you want to experience Jakarta night life deeper, go stay at this place.
But be warned,the room was filthy with cheap furniture. Slightly peeling wall decal, bathroom with no soap and questionable towel. It was advertised as no smoking room, and they had no smoking plaque inside but the room has sickly smell of smoke. When I passed one room, I could clearly see one guest smoking freely inside (he opened his room). When I asked the receptionist guy, he casually said oh the no smoking plague has not been taken down yet.
This property is only 1 year but from the looks of it, I thought it has been opened for 10 years. It is cheap but you can easily find cleaner place with same price point.
One can imagine lots of shenanigans happening here, if room could talk...

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WoldyWorld
Reviewed 26 June 2014

If I were looking for absolutely nothing more than just a bed to sleep, then this is surely not the place to stay. But that was what I simply needed, just a bed. I didn't even bothered with the standard of facilities because I'm not expecting anything. If I want a cheap bed, won;t be spending time in a hotel, be in a great central location, get easy access to fun and everywhere, then City Icon is not a shabby decision.

Room Tip: There's no good room. So get over it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Khairil
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The value for your money is worth the clean room in the almost central Jakarta location. I've stayed in cheaper hotels that offer a better breakfast- this one just has fried rice and black coffee.
The street is busy and has a good local feel. It is next to an indoor fruit/health store, pharmacies, and great street food stalls (from spicy noodle dishes to live cobra and snake shacks).

There are so many hotels on this street that I wished I would have stayed just one over-check out Hotel 88, Big Hotel, or Hotel California.

Oh, and I got a call from reception at 6:40 am asking if I was checking out today. Not what you want to wake up to.

Room Tip: Non of the rooms have windows, but rooms on level 3 have the least amount of sewage smell coming from the drains.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Katyousha
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Was supposed to spend two nights here but had to leave after one night because the room smelled terrible. Only reason we stayed for one night was because our flight came in really late so we just stuck out the terrible odour and requested a new room the next day. They moved us to a new room which smelled okay for about 30 minutes and then started to smell terrible as well. They sent up a pair of housekeepers to "fix" the smell but all that entailed was spraying huge amounts of deodorizer into the washroom. We had to move to another hotel across the street. If you have a nose, do not stay here. The halls are also really really narrow and it was hard getting around with our luggage. The Internet on the upper floors also was not working.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank James L
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

The room was not as huge as I thought it would be. Overall, my stay was very pleasant. The staffs were very friendly, always greeting whenever they saw me. Services were very good. They helped me throughout my stay here like giving me local tips, telling me which places are good for souvenirs and how to bargain. They're very nice people. Love the stay here. Will return again one day :)

• Stayed: June 2013