“Good place for a business lunch”

Sana Sini Restaurant
Reserve a table
Sat, 28/01
20:00
Ranked #8 of 10,195 Restaurants in Jakarta
Price range: US$5 - US$35
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Drawing inspiration from the Indonesian phrase 'Sana -Sini', which means 'here and there', Pullman Jakarta Indonesia offers you an unrivaled culinary excursion into the different corners of Europe and Asia through 4 individually designed spacious counters. Casually eat your way through different continents and hop across live cooking stations, as the restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet as well as à la carte, surrounded by contemporary décor. Complement your dining experience with an extensive wine list from Vinoteca - a global Pullman concept and a seductive selection of sweets from the bakery.
Reviewed 7 September 2016

Had lunch with a business associate.Food was good but place was a little crowded. Didn't have the buffet but ordered all carte instead. I had the sashimi salad which wasn't a very large portion but the fish was fresh.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank rayt66
Alexander_Poindl, General Manager at Sana Sini Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2016

Dear rayt66,

We are happy that you had a chance to enjoy our Sana Sini Restaurant with your business associate. During the week, the restaurant is a popular choice for lunch and gatherings. I believe our connectors are always ready to assist and ensure a pleasurable dining experience for all guests. I hope that you come back again to give our buffet lunch, brunch or dinner a try.

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

The restaurant is ok and the staff extemely nice and attentive. I have been in this place several days as I was staying in the hotel and I think it is better a la carte than the buffet. The offer in the buffe is extremely large. In my opinion the Japanese is the highest quality.
The only problem is many things get cold and the lose the point. I had lunch once a la carte and was really good.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank victorguezflores

Dear victorguezflores,

Thank you for positive comments on the nice and attentive team members at the restaurant. Please accept my apologies on the food temperature on some dishes from our buffet. As this is accepted for Indonesian items (normally Indonesian dishes are not eaten very hot, except soups) but for example Western Food must be kept hot during the whole time of the buffet. We will train our team better to watch out for this. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel and to our Sana Sini Restaurant.

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

Always love to go back to Sana Sini Restaurant for their amazing choices of food! The ambiance is amazingly perfect!

1  Thank Aprilia T

Dear Aprilia T,

Thank you for becoming a loyal patron of Sana Sini Restaurant. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the extended spread of food and the ambiance in each visit. Our Sana Sini team is looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 15 August 2016

As a restaurant located in the heart of Jakarta, the Sana-Sini is a good place to take your business acquaintances. The buffet price may be steep but you get a lot; even the choice of chocolates/desserts and Indonesian Dishes leave you wanting nothing. A word of warning, though....

On my third visit a few weeks ago my colleagues and I had finished dinner and we were standing in front of the drinks counter where there is a sink very close to where customers can sit. To our horror, the staff behind the counter begins to wash the dirty glasses (from a tray also in front of us) with no soap and just using his fingers rubbing the glasses for a few seconds! Yes it was under running water in front of us but he must've washed 20 glasses in just 2 minutes and without washing liquid at all! He then stacked them nicely on another tray on the other side of the sink.

This type of disregard for sanitation made us quip that the same technique is used by street hawkers for their $1 meals. But we had just had $50 buffets and to think that this is how they washed our glasses made us sick to the stomach. I implore the Manager to see for himself and catch the staff in question, unless of course it is the manager's way of saving time and money. If it is a temporary wash to be rewashed later then it should not be done in plain sight of the customers, although I highly doubt that this was the case.

Who knows how many other guests have been disgusted by this blatant disregard for cleanliness, under the very nose of the manager right in the center of the restaurant where the drinks counter is. My colleagues and I were so shocked that we didn't think to record it on our phones. I wish we did. What a social media hit that video would've been for a relatively high-priced buffet at a fancy restaurant in a luxurious hotel in Jakarta's central district.

2  Thank mrpenyiar
Alexander_Poindl, General Manager at Sana Sini Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

Dear MrPenyiar,

First and foremost we are grateful to have a returning patron to Sana Sini Restaurant with your business partners. I’m glad to read that you enjoyed the Indonesian spread and dessert options. Allow us to sincerely apologize for what you experienced in the restaurant. For the benefit of other readers, our standard calls for a dishwashing machine for all cutleries and eating utensils, and not hand-washed. We take pride in performing high-standard sanitation in the hotel at all times and the washing at the sink is not one of them. I appreciate that you took the time to bring this to our attention so that we can consistently review our services and standards to provide a pleasant dining experience. I hope to welcome you and your colleagues again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

Since we are stay in the hotel. This place is really a great place to have a meeting, discussion even a private birthday party.

1  Thank adrigun
Alexander_Poindl, General Manager at Sana Sini Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

Dear Adrianto G
We are happy that you had a chance to enjoy our Sana Sini Restaurant and marking it as a nice place for breakfast and lunch. Appreciate it very much. It is our hope that you give us the chance to serve you again, maybe next time you try our weekend brunch.