Novotel Yogyakarta
Melia Purosani(Yogyakarta)
US$49
US$42
Agoda.com
Duta Guest House(Yogyakarta)(Great Value!)
US$14
Grand Inna Malioboro(Yogyakarta)
US$58
TripAdvisor
1,076 results
All reviewsgalleria mallnice hotelswimming poolbusiness hotelbusiness trippleasant staylate checkwelcome drinkcheck in processhotel lobbystrategic locationspacious roomexcellent staynice poolstayed for nightsbreakfast buffettraditional food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

This is the first time we stayed for four days at the novotel yogyakarta. The hotel is very close to Galeria mall, just around 15 minutes to tugu station. Nice location to stay.
The staff are fabulous,very helpful and friendly. The room was always cleaned everyday.
Breakfast buffet was combination between western and Javanese traditional cuisine.
A great novotel Yogyakarta in a great city.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Novotel_Yogyakarta, General Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Ms Dina287,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Yogyakarta.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us. I will share your comments with all staff and I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit with us will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Had some some noise due to construction in the room besides and it took my 2 times with the reception staff to solve it. Not good, if with kids that need to sleep. However, they apologized with a piece of chocolate cake.

Water pressure in the shower is good, breakfast good as always in Novotel. Strange electrical circuit. If you switch the light in the room with the master switch off, then you cannot switch on only the light in the bathroom at night while family is sleeping. You need to switch on the masterswitch with all the light. :-(

Location is good. Just 150m to the left there is the Galeria Mall and on the roof-top there is a nice restaurant called Chanting). Great food, but the lift a bit hidden to go up.

Novotel offers car rental with driver for 8 hours for 935,000 IDR ++. That is good enough. To Borobodur it took us about 1 hour.

We had a room with view to the Volcano (Merapi).

The mosque was a bit loud in the early morning, but nothing to do from the hotel side.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Novotel_Yogyakarta, General Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear Juninho2,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with Novotel Yogyakarta.
While we are hoping your stay had been a pleasant one, regretfully there are some problems that causing your time with us less enjoyable.

We sincerely apologize regarding the inconvenience experience regarding the room lighting, rest assured that we have liaise with the related department to solve this issue. We hope we would be given a chance to regain your confidence in near future.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

Reviewed 7 February 2018

I stayed here with a large group for six nights and really liked it. Our room had a mini fridge and two outlets. 24 hours room service (try the soto ayam!). Breakfast buffet from 6am to 10am is the most extensive I have ever seen...sushi, gado gado, rice, nasi goreng, pancakes, eggs cooked to order, sausage type things, cereal, fruit, nuts, sambals aplenty, desserts, tonic drinks, tea, coffee juice and on and on.

The rest of the day you can pretty much show up and order off the menu. The dinner buffet was 98,000 Rupiah which is a bargain from an American's point of view, but the buffet is not as extensive.

Each day you get two pints of bottled water to your room but can order more at any time. Many times I requested additional items sent to my room like towels and toilet paper and they were usually prompt.

You can rent a hotel car and driver for a bargain rate of 550,000 for 4 hours (they have rates for longer as well). This was so worth it. The driver took us to the Kraton where we got a tour, then waited for us and took us to a Batik shop he recommended, then we went to Malioboro. So much easier that trying to get a cab or three wheeler every where, especially since there were five of us. He would even pull over to the side of the road if we saw something neat we want to stop and check out.

I had a Javanese hot oil massage at the spa and that was great. They give you ginger tea when you are done.

The hotel is very close to Galeria Mall, which had an ATM I made extensive use of, and many floors of shops. I felt like this was kinda where the locals shopped. Prices were so inexpensive. There were two floors of vendors selling handmade wares and clothing. I got a great jacket for $14 and pants for $4, $6 USD (converted from Rupiah).

Downsides:
--the shower curtain does not do a good job and water sprays all over the place, soaking the floor. Be prepared for this and roll a towel along the corner of the backsplash so you can at least get a 4-5 minute shower in with out making a huge puddle on the floor.
--The adhan (call to prayer) from a nearby mosque happened close to our window every day, which guaranteed I'd be awake just after 4am every single day. I'm sure I'd appreciate that if I were a practicing Muslim, but as a weary traveller I wished I'd been on the other side of the building

Room Tip: Try to get a room farther from the mosque so call to prayer doesn't wake you up
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Novotel_Yogyakarta, General Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Dear Alyssa M,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us and truly satisfied with the services provided by our team member, from the room, meals, transportation until the Spa treatment. I will certainly share your comments with all staff and I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I highly appreciate that you have described our surroundings quite well and will certainly beneficial for our future guests. Again, thank you very much for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Staff is fabulous! Very helpful arranging events. The room was always cleaned every day. Room service food is good. I stuck with the Indonesian dishes. In room massage was a plus. Very good technicians, I recommend Anisa.

Room Tip: 7th floor was far enough away from call to prayer that I wasn't woken up.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Tim TravelinMan,

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I am pleased to hear that you like our facilities and services. I will definitely share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

The best thing about this hotel is its location. Located on the center of Yogyakarta with an easy reach to any shopping area [Galeria Mall] and just around 15 minutes to Tugu Station. It was also quite cheap compared to any hotel on its level with a nice room which gave nice atmosphere to rest.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business