“very nice to stay”

Ranked #12 of 463 Yogyakarta B&B and Inns
jakarta
“very nice to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2011

the service was excellent and cheap,,so i can saved my money

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2011

We looked at a few places in the street but chose this one becuase it had a pool which was very welcome after a sweaty day sightseeing and travelling the local buses. We would have preferred a European bathroom but those rooms were all booked so we took a room with Indonesian bathroom for 100,000 Rp.

For what it cost, the room was fine and the pool was definitely a plus. The sheets were not "crisp white linen" as decribed in the Lonely Planet, but were clean and we didn't have any of the problems with bedbugs mentioned in other reviews. The local-style bathroom was a bit of a challenge but we got used to it.

We ate breakfast at the hotel because we can't be bothered to hunt around for food in the morning. Breakfast was OK but we thought overpriced - I guess you pay more in Indonesia if you want Western food. All in all, would be happy to recommend this place to budget travellers.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank aviatrix_aus
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2011

I stayed at Bladok between Christmas and New Year. The staff are friendly, however after several nights I broke out in an enormous bed bug reaction. I moved rooms, however there were bed bugs in the standard room too (had them crawling on me). I was disappointed not to receive a discount for my stay.

I had an allergic reaction to the bed bugs and ended up having a week off work when I returned home.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2011

This has got to be one of the worst delayed nightmares.
My friends and I booked this place after reading through the comments here. We thought well, bedbugs should be an isolated incident, and went ahead with staying.

I stayed here for 3 days, and we got a corner room that was always subjected to prayers, traffic and much loud conversations late into the night.
Worse, there were bedbugs all over the bed! You can really feel the itch and crawl all over your body at night (i am glad i did not wake up to look, i might have been all grossed out)

I did not suspect it at first, but one by one we developed bites all over our backs, faces and arms. It was truly terrifying to behold, and the itch is bad.

Please do not stay there.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ningsters
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2010

My wife and I have stayed at this little place for quite some years now and have always gone back here, but I must admit that we are not so positive anymore. The staff is still as good as ever, always smiling, always helpful. But the rooms are starting to fall apart. We were in one of the airconditioned rooms right at the pool. The bed was simply bad and must admit that it did feel a bit itchy but I didn't think much of it until I read reviews from others here. The bathroom is awfully old-fashioned and the sink stopped working. The shower was hardly warm, which is not nice when travelling with a toddler. We now moved to a proper hotel: the Phoenix Hotel. Have always recommended Bladok to everyone, but now we are unlikely to go back again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family