All reviews small pool hot shower rendang western food facing the street train station first floor single room location is great rooms are basic jl malioboro hotel restaurant very nice hotel budget hotel wifi ensuite pros
Reviewed 29 June 2012

The positive parts of Bladok were the location, price, and general accomodations and the pool definitely adds to the value. We thought the price for similar places in that area was good; we had executive room for 264K. Even though there was no A/C, it was cool enough with the fan. We didn't encounter any bugs, either in our mattress or otherwise. One problem we had was that the sink drain dripped, and the faucet pipe going in also leaked unless you turned it off just right. Also, the street is right below the flight line for planes landing, so you could hear that starting about 7:00, but at least no mosque calling! There is a Christian Church sort of behind the losman, which sings karaoke-sounding music starting at 7:15 Sunday mornings (must be some sort of evangilical church). Didn't include breakfast but the breakfast was good and not too much. They give you tea in a thermos in the afternoon. Wi-fi really only worked in the restaurant for us. They took credit cards with no surcharge which is nice so we didn't have to pay so much ATM surcharges.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nancy R
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We stayed in two different rooms here, both being great. Although no sinks and hot water, the staff come and clean the rooms daily giving you a service you don't receive in similar places for the same price. There's a good restaurant downstairs (with cheap beer) and the location is excellent. The swimming pool offers a good break from the heat and is well kept. Staff are very friendly and helpful too.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank annahutnik
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I stayed here 2 nights and at first it looked nice because of the swimming pool.
When i put my bags down in the room i noticed that the floor was ful of black hairs and dirt.
I asked the guy at the reception if he could quickly clean the floor with a broom. Or i would even do it i told him. He didn't help me or give me a broom so i could do it myself.
I payded 120.000 for the cheapest room, and there was no hot water or western toilet what i prefer. A room with hot water and westerm toilet would cost more then 280.000 rupiah, wich is more then 25 us dollars. The food in the restaurant is bad and even the drinks.. When they noticed i didn't drink any of the coffee and tea, they still charged me the bill of it. The last day i got sick and i wanted to upgrade the room to a hot shower room, because i couldn't shower with cold water when i got sick. It was about 4 pm when i asked they guy at the reception, and even it was only 2 hours after check out time, he told me that i was to late to ask for it because i shoudl had done it at 2 pm, ( funny that being sick most of the time comes as a suprise, without a date or time in your agenda). So he wanted to charge me also the roomprice of the room i had that day/ morning. And all together it would be more then 40 us dollars, just for an upgrade to a hot shower room.
I was very very happy i could leave the next day... Service is a new thing for this hotel.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank maejbakkertal
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I hate to leave a bad review for an otherwise quite charming and affordable spot. But boy, do I wish I'd read all the reviews on this site BEFORE I stayed there last week. I stayed in one of the deluxe rooms with the balconies, and two nights in a row I woke up with what I'm 99% positive are bedbug bites. I had a bedbug experience 10 years ago, which I remember all too vividly, and unfortunately these bites were even MORE itchy and horrible than my last experience-- NOT the state I wanted to be in for my 40+ hour trip back home! I told the staff and, to their credit, got a small discount (~10%), and they said they'd check it out. But until they get rid of the problem I would not stay here.

The other weird thing-- and this may just mean that room 12 is cursed or something-- is that two days in a row, I came in to my room to find bird droppings on my bed. What? The windows weren't open (just the vents above the doors). This seemed so absurd that I didn't fault them for it, but then the bug thing happened and I'd had enough. If you must stay here, at least avoid room #12-- you're up in a birdhouse with insects snacking on you all night. Not worth it.

If the bug issue is resolved, then this place would get a solid 4 stars-- it's nothing fancy, and the rooms are a little downtrodden, but it's clean and charming, with a great pool, really nice staff, and decent restaurant (a little pricey, but a great spot for a beer). Too bad about the bugs. I've sent them a note, and I'll update this if they say they've fixed the problem.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank ngamia
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We stayed only 2 nights in yogyakarta but wished we stay many more. The hotel is pretty basic, the rooms need a little improvements. The beds are great we had the best sleep since we're traveling. It has a small pool but it's a plus for yogyakarta. The restaurant serves very good food and big portions but a little pricey for this city. The location is great, few minutes walk from malioboro and train station. The local people ate very friendly and speak very good English, you may find few of them who want to show you the art gallery whit enormous prices compared whit the students gallery but you are not forced to go or to buy. Overall this hotel is ok and I like to come back.

Date of stay: March 2012