“Missing Blue Ribbon so much already!”

Blue Ribbon Dive Resort
Ranked #9 of 54 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Where to even start? I LOVE IT THERE!
I had both the pleasure and the honor to do both my Rescue Diver Course and my Divemaster with Blue Ribbon.
First Rescue with Marcus Black, who definitely show me what divers are made of. It was an intense but much rewarding course! You could totally feel his previous non-diving training in action! What an experience!
Then, after such a great experience, I feel motivated to go on, to continue to the next level and adventured myself into the realms of a Divemaster course for several weeks: Oh god, ill never regret about this decision!
My instructor Chris Easton, who not only was an instructor for me but both a mentor and friend. His professionalism and knowledge exceeded all expectations. From the theoretical part to the actual practical part. A constant experience sharing person that not only motivate you to continue working hard, but encouraged you to give all the best of yourself as a diver, as new PADI professional and as a person. I truly feel lucky to have you as my mentor Chris!

Divemasters are really professional, excellent critter-spotters and know all the area extremely well! Kudos to you guys, you are simply the best!

The resort itself, its perhaps the coolest place to hang out around the area. Relaxed with super deeply friendly staff (friends) who simply make you feel at home! By the way, do not miss having some good bar fun with Jon at the bar, and if you dare to ring the bell, go for some good "Melodic" tequilas!

The food is delicious and generous, the drinks perfectly prepared and refreshing and a smile always at the right moment!
Oh and do not miss the Friday and Saturdays BBQ with live music!

Its been only a few days and I'm deeply missing being there. At this moment I can only say:
THANK YOU SO MUCH BLUE RIBBON!

Room Tip: Try getting the ones with little balcony, is nice to hang out there sometimes!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Stopped by to try the restaurant for a light dinner/snack. Ordered a lassi, but none to be found - a disappointment! Shakes are OK. Light vegetable soup was a little thin. The premises is looking a bit drab and in need of an upgrade.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2017

This was my second dive trip to Puerto Galera, and proved considerably better than my first. Blue Ribbon Divers run a good operation: professional, with a good service ethic. Moreover, since they were not busy, I had a divemaster guide almost to myself for much of the time. Even better, he was a specialist at finding excellent macro - the real strong point of Puerto Galera diving. I saw too many good things to list them all, but some highlights were: Flamboyant cuttlefish; Flying Gurnards and Sea Wasps; a wide range of beautiful nudibranchs and their bigger cousins, pleurobranchs; Scorpionfish and Stonefish; Moray eels of many types; and endless shrimps and crabs. Not to mention a very decent wreck, plus some enormous giant clams.

The accommodation at Blue Ribbon was very decent too: spacious and comfortable, with AC, for not that much money. All in all, highly recommended - close to being five stars.

Room Tip: Room vary in size (mine was enormous), so check them out personally and take your pick on the spot.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

My partner and I travelled to Puerta Galera to explore the island and experience first hand the diverse aquatic life nearby. We were greeted by a friendly and knowledgeable diving staff who took their time to explain the variety of dive sites within a ten minute boat ride. We came expecting to dive a few times on our vacation, but because of the incredible coral and beautiful fish we ended up diving five times (including a night dive). Jun and Ariel dove with us and exhibited patience as we are both still building our scuba diving skills. They shared with us their extensive knowledge above and below the water, showing us species only known to be found near this island.

We are also appreciative of Marcus a dive instructor who provided us with tricks of the trade and ideas of other diving opportunities around the Philippines.

Thank you Blue Ribbon for creating such an easy and truly breath taking experience for us!

Extra perk- the food is fantastic!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Came here for diving and stayed at their accommodations.

The diving is good and the did my AOW here. My instructor Marcus Black is very good and I highly recommend him. Diving is a short boat ride from the resort so getting to the dive sites are super easy!

The rooms here are very basic. Water pressure is a bit weak but there is aircon.

The food at the resort is decent and we ate most of the meals here. On Fridays there is a live band and outdoor barbecue. Sit back have a beer and hear the waves crashing on the shore.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends