WOW, absolutely "WOW" was the reaction when I first arrived at the El Nido Overlooking. The entire property was designed with taste and every detail is guest orientated. The big glassy windows that face directly to the sea, the large outdoor patio with a full size kitchen, this place is certainly for people who wants to escape the reality.
Not exactly centrally located in El Nido Town Proper, the outskirt located property will require a php50 (USD1.2) tricycle ride to get to from town, and it takes about 10mins. But this outskirt location does them magic: it is quiet, nicely located with a sea view and away from the shabby looking town center.
Since tricycle is plentiful, I wouldn't worry so much about it is not centrally located.
Tricycle is the main mean of transportation to and from town and the airport. For people like me who would like a little more control of their own, you may opt for renting a motor bike in town, it cost roughly php500 (USD12) a day, depends on your ability to negotiate. The overlooking is located right next to the main road leading in from Tay Tay into town, any shuttle van service provider will be able to drop you off right at the door of this place.
There are people on duty 24/7 and El Nido is a really safe place, don't worry about it.
Facility and Dinning:
This place gives you a nice feeling of being home away from home, only this home is more luxuries and provides more than I expected when I'm on a trip. There is a decent sized swimming pool (infinity pool), with only 3 villas here, you'll find the pool is almost exclusively here for you.
Daily breakfast will be served with additional cost either by the pool or in your room, I didn't opt for that as I enjoy cooking myself breakfast early in the morning, taking good advantage of the in room kitchen :)
WIFI is available at the pool side hut, however the signal is terrible as it is a 3G modem (no telephone lines at all exist in El Nido)
Absolutely amazing! Large king-size bad, huge bath with large glass screen facing the ocean, drop down glass screen that provide a nice view, specially sunset view. Full kitchen and a full size out-door living room/patio and a sun-bathing chair. The villa is in such great size that you can install another king size bed in the room and still have enough space to have a few full size suitcase lay fully opened.
Rooms also comes with a fridge, cable TV, DVD player and a nice LCD TV.
Another plus is that the hotel is equipped with generator, it provides electricity for the overlooking between 6am and 10am everyday while the city power is down. (City power is down everyday 6am to 2pm)
Staffs and Services:
Staffs are generally cheerful and energetic, most of the time helpful. However they lack knowledge to answer basic tourist inquires and there were 2 separate incident that I found the staffs here are not committed to their guests, I'm not gonna go into details about those incidents but I do home that the owner take a chance to better train their staffs.
1) There are absolutely no telephone on the island and hotel WIFI is only limited to the pool area. You may buy a "Smart" sim card at the Manila Airport for a few hundred pesos and enjoy unlimited 3G for 5days. Remember it got to be Smart as other provider either have no or poor connection.
2) City power is down everyday 6am to 2pm, hotel generator usually kicks in at around 6:30am and run til 10am. Be sure to charge everything before the power is down; remember do NOT put anything that will melt in the fridge as the power will be down for 4 hrs a day! Power is also unstable at night and in bad weather, bring a flash light and carry it with you at night.
3) If you're heading in from Puerto Princesa, I recommend using Daytripper Palawan. Although they 're a bit more expensive than the other company, but they provide far better service, the vehicles are in better shape and they never overload their van.
4) There are no ATM here, credit cards are only accepted by a few shops and it often stop working due to poor connections, currency exchange charges a ridiculous rate, so bring enough cash with you in pesos to cover your entire stay. If you run low in funds, you can request Arnold - the hotel owner to send you a payment request through paypal, that way you may clear your balance with credit cards.
Enjoy your stay, El Nido is beautiful =)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on a hill, 100 meters away from Corong Corong beach. In a quiet property of more than 1 hectare, we offer 4 villas and 2 pools hidden in the hills: - 2 villas of around 90sqm including the deck and the private garden, - a cottage, - and a brand new two bedrooms villa with garden and private pool. The best view of the islands of Bacuit Bay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your El Nido Overlooking reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Nido Overlooking Palawan Island