My boyfriend and I availed of the Honeymoon package, well not because we went there for a honeymoon, but because the package had everything we wanted to see and experience in Puerto Prinsesa, Palawan.
The package was for 4 days and 3 nights and included the following:
a. Accommodation for the above-stated period (Exclusive Suite)
b. Roundtrip Airport-Hotel Transfer
c. All meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
d. Complimentary Wine, Chocolate (Toblerone, but maybe you can have or request another if you are allergic to nuts) and fresh fruits (in season)
e.1 hour rejuvenating spa package
f. Tours which include the underground river tour, honda bay island hopping, city tour and many other extras
g. Free Van Service to the City (there is only one service available that leave at about 6pm and the driver waits for you until 8:30pm)
The location. It was about 30-45 minutes away from the City.
The view. It was beautiful there! You can see the Baywalk across the waters (which looked more beautiful at night because of the lights). There are lots of trees and flowers around the area.
The Front Desk. Like the others, we were also greeted with a nice cold refreshing iced tea! the staff were very nice and courteous. they were likewise very honest about their foods and tours. Their driver, Kuya Jesse, was also nice!
The Room. It was spacious (but maybe just because we stayed in the Executive Suite), clean and smelled wonderful. SADLY, if you look outside the window, although there were lots of mangroves, there were also lots of plastic bottles, bags, caps and many other i can hardly identify.
The bathroom. clean and spacious, however, you might have to bring lots of shampoos and conditioners and your own soap for daily use because they only provided 2 half sachets of vaseline shampoos and 2 medium-sized safeguard soap.
The Food. EVERYTHING WAS DELIGHTFUL. Request for the sliced fish with toasted garlic on top and the sweet-chili crabs! We were only served with buffet dinner and breakfast when there were still lots of guests, but apart from such instance, we were always surprised with their menu, but do not worry, their cook is great and so is Kuya Mike (waiter) who was very cheerful and accommodating all the time!
The Spa. It was okay, nothing outstanding about it.
The Service. The driver was always on time! Thanks Kuya Jesse!
The tours - PALS Travel Tour Agency. Ate Beth and Kuya... oops sorry I forgot, were nice and very informative. We were really happy and surprised with their honesty. It all seemed like they were not pushing or forcing you to buy stuff from Palawan, and they bring you to places where you can buy cheap but good souvenirs!
The pool. There were 2 pools, the infinity and kiddie pool. Don't worry (like I did lol) the pools were not deep, considering the fact that I'm just 5 feet short. lol I'm not sure if it has chlorine, maybe just a little, I barely tasted it (omg. yes, sorry I accidentally did), but water was clean and cold. the view in this area is likewise sublime, very good for photo ops!
They also offer water activities like boating and kayaking (which we were not able to avail).
OVERALL, our stay was very good! It was near perfection, if it weren't for all the rubbish we saw. I still highly recommend this place and I will surely come back!
It is a wonderful place - good value for money and it will surely make your tummy happy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marina de Bay is a private getaway resort situated just twenty minutes away from the airport. On that way from the airport, you will already see a breath-taking view of the Puerto Princesa bay and the mountain ranges. It is also at Marina de Bay where the private yachts and boats can be viewed docked at front. During the night, the ambiance becomes even more spectacular with the vast view of the stars in the sky and with the dainty lights of the city screaming in from across the waters. Marina de Bay is not like any usual hotel building simply built in the city, it encapsulates the natural wonders of Puerto Princesa - a hidden paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Booking.com and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Marina De Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina De Bay Hotel Puerto Princesa
- Marina De Bay Palawan Island/Puerto Princesa