We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights with 2 young kids, 2 adults and 2 parents in law.
We have booked 2 rooms.
I have so many complains with this hotel, that I don't even know where to start.
1. We booked the Bay View but we didn't get any view of the bay except tons of trash in the mangroves.
2.Our front door won't lock so we asked to be relocated and they want us to pay an upgrade.
3. Our window ( we were on the Ground Floor) wont lock and there's a huge hole in the screen. The screen is so flimsy that it can easily rip off the hinges. Security Hazard!
4. There are flies everywhere when you eat at the outdoor restaurant and cat poop on the walk way. Yikes.
5. They call themselves Marina de Bay Resort and Spa but the SPA is not in operation. The "used to be spa" is a sorry looking hut full of dusts and I'm sure no one has use it in months if not years as they only do " on call". Where they call an outside masseuse to do the massage for you in the room.
6. The shuttle service is only a one round trip journey to and from the city. And its at 6pm and returns from the city at 8:30pm. If yo want to go outside the "resort" you have to call the taxi, not expensive but you have to pay them the booking fee on top of the meter rate.
7.The shower area in the pool is moldy and green. Hazard! Hazard for kids.
8. I saw they were cleaning the pool once but Im sure there didnt put chlorine in the water.
9. The staff are nice and accommodating, when I finally asked for a room transfer they upgrade us in a boat room ( Commodore) the room is big and clean. Nice view over here. But that night it rained and we woke up with water flooding in our room. Luckily none of my active kids has woken up and hubby found out before someone get hurt or electrocuted.
10. Be careful when you order than fresh fruit in the free breakfast cause its NOT when you are having the Filipino food. Its only free when you are having the International Breakfast. ( Weird)
11. Did I mentioned 2 kids and 2 adults and 2 more grandparents? Well they charge us extra person for my 5 year old son. Although I argue that he can be counted in my parent in law's room because they book the Suite for this purpose. But no, they went ahead and charge us.
12. The laundry service is ridiculous. Make sure you bring enough for your stay.
1. The staff are really nice and friendly. ( i think they know all the faults Ive mentioned)
2. As far as the food, its not bad.
I am writing this review so the management of this hotel will look into this problems. I don't want the hotel to go out of business. I'm sure a lot of families rely on the continuous operation of this hotel. If they don't fix this it wont last too long.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marina de Bay is a private getaway resort situated just twenty minutes away from the airport. On that way from the airport, you will already see a breath-taking view of the Puerto Princesa bay and the mountain ranges. It is also at Marina de Bay where the private yachts and boats can be viewed docked at front. During the night, the ambiance becomes even more spectacular with the vast view of the stars in the sky and with the dainty lights of the city screaming in from across the waters. Marina de Bay is not like any usual hotel building simply built in the city, it encapsulates the natural wonders of Puerto Princesa - a hidden paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Marina De Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina De Bay Hotel Puerto Princesa
- Marina De Bay Palawan Island/Puerto Princesa