Marina De Bay
US$153
US$57
US$40
Agoda.com
One Manalo Place Hotel(Puerto Princesa)
US$48
US$41
Aziza Paradise Hotel(Puerto Princesa)
US$109
US$81
Agoda.com
Floral Villarosa(Puerto Princesa)
US$39
US$123
US$120
  • Pool
Sunlight Guest Hotel(Puerto Princesa)
US$42
Astoria Palawan(Puerto Princesa)
US$108
US$78
Priceline
All reviewscity tourfilipino foodisland hoppingseafoodmangrovesdriverresorttourspalawanairportstaycationrestomanila
Reviewed 26 February 2018

Its always weird travelling somewhere you havent been before. Unless you are staying in your favourite chain of hotels where you know what to expect from the service you end up out on a limb and I was pretty nervous going to Palawan being more Island than city I was unsure what to expect. I found Mariana De Bay a couple of weeks before the my trip and due to the good reviews and location I booked it online and started contacting the hotel about my individual requirements. They were quick to respond confirming FREE airport transfer details and even helped me book Island hopping tours and private dining experience in the resto. Palawan is a short flight from Manila and as soon as we touched down we went outside the airport and found a friendly looking driver holding a card with my name on it. He helped with the luggage and we were off. We travelled through Palwan and soon found ourselves heading down road towards the cost after about 10 minutes we arrived at the hotel. At reception we were greated by a friendly face and shown to our room. The layout of this place is really cool. Not really modern, more rustic. The decore is wooden, almost like decking, the restaurant is open, covered but you have panoramic views of the bay and the surrounding countryside. The rooms are set either left or right of the restaurant seconds walk away. There is a pier with a small bar and setting as well as kyak and boats for hire. We stayed for 4 days and saw the same staff each day, everyone was friendly and happy to help. As usual I needed it. The hotel offers a daily free bus service to either of the two malls at around 6PM collecting you and returning you at 8 in time for dinner. One night I actually left my bank card in the room 'I know', the hotel helped me out sending it with one of their drivers so I was able to use it and draw out some money at the mall. we had some tropical weather alright and our tour of Honda bay was pushed back one day. However the hotel provided a city tour just for us for a very reasonable price and we had a great time visiting the local Croc park, Butterfly gardens and Ranch as well as Bakers Hills where we bought some amazing fresh bread and treats. Once the sky cleared we were all set for our Island tour and picked up after breakfast and taken 15 minutes to the harbour where we we boarded a little boat with around 6 other guests and were off visiting three or four Islands where we could swim and snorkle. This was a great experience and showed us the beauty of Puerto Princesa. For valentines evening the hotel was full and the restaurant featured live music from some local talent. We had a little secluded area assigned for us which was fine until the local cats started showing us some attention ' My girlfriend being terrified of even the cutest of felines we joined our other guests inside the resto. It was a lovely romantic setting and we had a wonderful time. The food offered is simple but excelent and their special chicken is a must for anyone visiting as well as their local seafood. I think my favourtie time was breakfast as sunrise watching the sun come up over the surrounding bay is an image that will stay with me until I am able to return to PP and to Marina De Bay for another visit. We had a nice room, much larger than expected with an exceptionally comfortable bed and a rustic feel and modern bathroom. All in all a very pleasant place.

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank Jamie G
Reviewed 14 January 2018

I was on vacation and decided to visit the paradise of Palawan, Philippines. I am frequently visiting the tropics, so I am no stranger to island resorts. However, after my visit to Marina de Bay, I have found my number one gem of a resort. This resort surpassed my experiences in Hawaii, Bali, Thailand and various resorts across the United States. If you want a quiet, relaxing yet exciting resort with all the amenities, visit Marina de Bay at Puerto Princesa, Palawan, Philippines.

Firstly, when I arrived at the airport, I was greeted by a resort vehicle and a driver with my name on a placard. The driver was so friendly and was a safe driver. Once you arrive, the resort opens to an ornate stair incline decorated with a tropical/Pacific flair. It is so inviting and comforting at the same time to see such an entrance. I was greeted by such friendly staff with warm smiles and excellent English skills. They directed me to my room which was in the new building (room Alpha).

Upon entering my room, it was such an incredible site. I had a 270 degree view of the bay right in front of me! I was truly in awe to see such a view everyday when I woke up. The bed was facing right at the view. The air conditioning was perfect. The bathroom had modern fixtures throughout. Upon exiting my room, I could see the bay yet again with a picturesque gazebo to dine at or to gaze at the spectacular surroundings.

The food was impeccable. I was treated like a king while at the resort. The menu was elaborate with local cuisines with the finest detail. You won't be disappointed. The prices were also unbeatable! I could not believe such abundance of seafood on the menu. You can tell that the staff really paid attention to detail in the restaurant as well as in the presentation of the food.

The amenities the resort has to offer were truly amazing. I made time to have a massage. The masseuse was extraordinary and was better than my personal masseuse in the United States! I couldn't believe such expertise. The owner told me that he only chose the best for his resort and you could tell right away! The massages were packaged with a facial or a foot scrub. I enjoyed all the spa services that I even went twice on two successive days! This was testament of how much I enjoyed the services. They took their time and I never felt rushed. I would never receive such superior and long spa services in the United States. Again, five out of five (5/5) for amenities. The pool was just extraordinary. Once you are in the pool, you find yourself in a state of relaxation as the view of the bay when you are swimming is just breathtaking. You can even look out at the view when you are having a massage on the lower floor.

Don't forget to visit the long bridge to a small pier built like a boat. It is so relaxing and peaceful to be on that pier. They also have a bar and seats on the pier to enjoy drinks and food. It is so picturesque and brings me a calming feeling when I am there.

I have to say that my entire stay while at the Marina was superb. This was actually my second time visiting as I had to return and enjoy more of this resort. I highly recommend this to all readers. I also recommended this resort to close family and friends as my top resort to stay while in the Philippines.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Try from the 3 offerings for family style serving 4 to 5 people includes desert
I ordered separately their signature chicken marinated it was awesome
The others ate the fish family style
They are very reasonably priced
Fro about 15 to 20 usd for family style serving 4 to 5 people
Also they had glass of California red wine for about 1.90 usd
Service very good
Beautiful scenery out to the water
Go before dark and walk around
This is a value. Must visit

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Friendly and accomodating staff. Ideal for staycation. Good view of the pool overlooking the lake. I think they upgraded our room without extra charge. Thanks! And food price is reasonable. Try the camalig chicken!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2017

The place is great, the staffs were nice,helpful and very accommodating. The food is also great but the waiting is a little long. I actually recommend this place if you want to escape the hustle of the city. I really enjoyed my stay here, lots of activities too if you want some.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family