I visited Puerto Princesa with my family, 2 adults and 2 kids. It was all our 1st time to go for an out-of-town trip by plane. So the expectation was quite high, though I was personally prepared for the possibilities, thanks to Tripadvisor.
When we arrived at the airport we were greeted by a staff of Marina and were endorsed to a driver who brought us to our accommodation. Along the way he gave us briefing about the place and the city's policies. We then took the opportunity to ask questions which greatly guided us on the: who, what, when, where, why and hows.
At Marina we were warmly welcomed by the staff and by the environment that was so peaceful and cozy, literally showing the breath-taking view of the bay and mountain ranges. We then were escorted to our room after we have settled our balance and clarified some points regarding our stay and tour.
The whole place and the executive suite we occupied were very nice and always clean, you can check their website for details. However, I find the air-cooling process in the villa quite slow, room not well lit, pressure in the shower was not strong and WIFI access was very poor. But nothing beats when you are serviced by staffs that are very nice, courteous and accommodating, not too mention that my kids are very importunate. Suggestion though, staff needs to be more assertive and informative especially in what other things Puerto Princesa can offer other than those that can be found in the tour package.
The Underground River and Honda Bay Tours are a must-see places, just prepare yourself with all anti-dizzy and anti-emetic staff like sweet/sour finger-foods, White Flower or Bonamine pills and motion sickness bag, for the lengthy, curvy, bumpy and shaky trips. The inclusive meals were perfectly fine for the needed energy sometimes even more. For the City Tour, well you can go away without it, I barely enjoyed it. I thought that our tour then, to think that it was ONLY the 4 of us, was so unorganized. As much as I introduced myself and each of my family members, our tour guide did not bother; she did not even give briefing prior to the tour. We neither hardly had information about the place we have passed-by nor visited. I also thought that the time allotted to it was not enough. And for the rest of the trip please do check Google for the things-to-do and things-to-bring, it will help you as it helped me a lot.
Our four-night dinners are at our own cost, but these were our opportunity to dine at the must-visit restaurants of Puerto Princesa like Ka Lui and Kinabuch. Unfortunately, due to distance and exhaustion we most of the time end up eating at the in-house dining area and missed the tamilok. Sad to say that the value and quality of food and the satisfaction you get from the nightly dinner in the city restaurants are far more at par than that of Marina’s.
In my opinion, if you have motion sickness and budget conscious like I do better stay within the city proper cause everything is within your reach. Nevertheless, if you care less and would like to enjoy the beauty and serenity of nature go Marina.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marina de Bay is a private getaway resort situated just twenty minutes away from the airport. On that way from the airport, you will already see a breath-taking view of the Puerto Princesa bay and the mountain ranges. It is also at Marina de Bay where the private yachts and boats can be viewed docked at front. During the night, the ambiance becomes even more spectacular with the vast view of the stars in the sky and with the dainty lights of the city screaming in from across the waters. Marina de Bay is not like any usual hotel building simply built in the city, it encapsulates the natural wonders of Puerto Princesa - a hidden paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Marina De Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina De Bay Hotel Puerto Princesa
- Marina De Bay Palawan Island/Puerto Princesa