All reviews quiet place property transport pool palawan tours
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

For a solo traveler it's always tricky when you travel alone.
My rating is based on the amazing experience I had while at the resort. Don, Janice and their family were incredible. They included me on a night to see the fire flies and were incredibly accommodating at every turn. Don assisted in organizing my underground water tour, as well as transport and tours to my next destinations - great to set your mind at ease! And also at arranging better pricing - always a bonus when you can save.
The breakfast was great - delicious omlette and toast! ( with coffee).
The property itself is great value for money. It is not a luxury resort - keep in mind. But the amenities are excellent for the price you pay. I had a lovely, spacious, clean room - the bed was really comfy.
My only suggestion would be for the inn to include daily room cleaning and bottled water in the rooms.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

We came to Villa Manuel with high expectations - the photos were beatiful, reviews we're good etc.
When we arrived the so called "Resort" we were completely shocked - it was completely different from the photos, neglectes and not beautiful at all.
The rooms we're old and rusty, bath was old, dirty, lacked hot water and toilet stopped flushing from time time.
The staff is unfriendly, and they don't clean your room daily.
The pool was ok but a little bit dirty also, and not as beautiful as it may seem from the photos.
Overall for the price you pay to stay at Villa Manuel you expect to get a lot more.

Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank Yariv L
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

The owners and staff here were friendly from start to finish. The facilities are pretty good and we enjoyed the use of the pool. The wifi is one of the best we had in the Phillipines; but still expect it to cut out. The breakfast is fantastic with a lovely little range also. One thing I would add, which we didn't mind as it was the end of our trip in the Phillipines, there isn't much to do in the area.

Date of stay: April 2017
1  Thank JBTraveIIer
Reviewed 10 December 2016

I was completely surprised with this place.

It's true the hotel needs a bit more maintenance, but it's got everything. A swimming pool, nice rooms, laid-back atmosphere and most of all, a super helpful staff. Ah and the best WiFi (in the rooms!) we've seen in the whole Palawan. I was sad to only stay one night!

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank GeekyBruno
Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

At first we were a little bit worried, because it is quit far away from town, but than we realised it was a blessing. You have a nice, clean and spacious room, a swimming pool and Jay who will help you with everything you need. He prepares your breakfast at your own terrace and is so nice! We stayed here for 2 nights and will come back next week for another 2 nights and do the underground river tour than. They can also arrange all this, and transport to El Nido or renting a motor cycle. Much appreciated!! It is not very cheap, but you get good value for your money.

Date of stay: November 2016