See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I did visit a few hotels before I ended up in Via Bohol - other hotels/inns/guesthouses were dirty or, to my surprise, fully booked. By the time I got to Via Bohol I realised that this was a decent option for the rate and I was tired of looking around. VB is in a pretty convenient location as you are close to the harbour, away from the buzz of the city center but still in walking distance from everything you might need. However, you can get a tricycle from any area of the town so the location doesnt matter much tho. My room was clean, and they cleaned it for me while I was out for the day too. The bed was comfortable, and there was towels, soap, TP and such provided in the bathroom. There was a breakfast consisting of a bun and a cup of coffee included. The staff was very helpful and paid me a lot of attention, so everything was well enough. There were a few things that weren't really up to date; the aircon was very noisy (and as there was no other ventilation I had to have it on), the TV didnt work, I couldnt open the window, there was only hot water in the morning, etc. Its not as nice on the inside as it looks from the outside, so its a little overpiced, but its ok enough.

Room Tip: Try the AC unit to make sure it works and is not too nosiy, because you will need to use it.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Emelie S
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Via Bohol Tourist Inn is one of my favorite places to book a room in Tagbilaran City. They have their own Karaoke section in the back room of the front lobby. The prices are fair, and the place is safe, clean, and acceptable. After a long exhausting day, the aircon is always ready to help me relax and cool me down. But one of the best things about Via Bohol is it's location, it's only a few minutes away from the airport and it's located conveniently right along the clear waters of bohol overlooking Panglao island.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank jose a
Reviewed 25 May 2011

It's the peak season in Bohol when I was there for a business concern. All the hotels I went to were fully booked and I was directed to Via Bohol Inn. When I went inside, the lobby smelled like an old place and I was worried it might be the same for the room. However, when I got to my room, it was better than I expected especially the bathroom, it was big and clean and modern. During the morning, I learned that the restaurant is under renovation. The location is near the port, however, I had to drive for a few minutes to get to something to eat, which isn't bad at all. I extended for 2 hours and paid 100php for every hour of extension. The only complaint I have is, I was located on the 3rd floor and when it was time to check out, I called for help but I waited for about 10-15 minutes and no one came so I brought my luggage down myself. But overall, it was a good stay for people who are on the go and lower budgets.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank krimarie20
Reviewed 18 October 2010

I traveled here with my spouse and his parents. We reserved two rooms.

This is a relatively cheap place to stay, I think. They have tour packages for the standard Bohol experience. But when we called to book, we asked questions about choosing to do certain tour items and not others and substitute other tour items from other packages. They said this was fine. Also the breakfast is included in the price. It seemed okay, so we booked with them and sent the 50% non-refundable deposit for a 4 day/3 night stay, including tours on day 1, 2, and 3 and transfer from and to the airport on days 1 and 4.

But when we got there everything was different. First, according to the tour package we had already paid 50% for, we were supposed to arrive in the morning and begin our tour the first day. When we arrived at noon, the owner tried to convince us that we were tired and should begin our tour the next day. We told her no and insisted that she provide the tour as we had already discussed and confirmed on the phone. She said that no driver and car was available. We continued to insist on the tour and she said fine--she'd try to find us a driver and car for the afternoon. We also talked to her about adjusting the tours which she told us would be fine on the phone, except now, she said it wouldn't be possible. Each change would cost P500.

The rooms were clean. But our bathroom sink sprung a leak--like spraying out water and flooding the bathroom--so they had to shut off our water. The karaoke bar/restaurant is extremely loud. At 4pm, kids from nearby colleges flood in to start drinking and singing, which isn't bad, unless you're trying to sleep right above the restaurant. My in-laws were not able to sleep because their room shared an air shaft with the restaurant. We requested to have the room changed and they said no. After a small argument about it, they backed down and changed the room without charge to us.

While the website said that breakfast was included in our hotel/tour price, breakfast consisted of instant coffee and one slice white bread with mayonaise. (I'm not joking.)
Note: the Thai restaurant is no longer running. Now it's a Filipino restaurant with really loud karaoke at night. There are signs in the restaurant warning customers that they will be fined for puking on the floor--that's the sort of place we're dealing with here.

I would not recommend this place to anyone. I think they need to improve their service. We had to fight about every little thing that they promised us before we gave them our money. If you're going to arrange something like this with tours, etc. and you have questions or requests, you should choose a hotel with email so that you can get confirmation of the terms of your stay in writing from the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010
8  Thank travelduck80
Reviewed 3 February 2008

The proprieters' standard of English is below average for the Philippines and as such email correspondence is a bit hit or miss. After a lot of chasing I eventually received what I thought was confirmation of the booking, but I was not expected on my arrival a few weeks later. At a guess this hotel is being run as a hobby rather than a serious business.

The location is convenient at just over 5 minutes walk from the port - walk down the long pier then take first left into Graham Avenue. Room 202 was a bit noisy at times as the door is close to the stairwell to the reception area & restaurant where a good 2 course Thai meal can be had for P200 if you can stand the deafening music (I'm not as young as I used to be !). Furniture in the room is fairly basic, but perfectly acceptable. Reasonably efficient aircon. A fancy 21 inch tv offers a wide range of satellite channels including BBC World & CNN.

Breakfast between 6-10 am is cooked to order but is very basic.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled solo