“My Exotic Holiday”
Review of Bohol Island

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Reviewed 21 July 2010

Bohol Province,Visayas,Philippines - An Unforgettable Holiday

Date: 8-11 June 2010

Reviewer: Trip Advisor Member, Cheshire,UK

I have just returned from a Holiday in the Philippines. Whereas I was born and grew up in the Philippines, I have left home to live and settle in the UK.
My recent trip to the Philippines has made me realize how beautiful my homeland is. It has left me feeling immense pride in my roots and a great desire to share with everyone the Beauty of my Country. I visited Bohol Province with my 2 sisters. We took a Domestic flight from Manila Airport and landed in Tagbilaran Airport. We had hired a car with a local driver who acted as our tourist guide too. We visited ancient churches,The Blood Compact Site, The Tarsiers Sanctuary, the Butterfly Museum and the Chocolate Hills.We also went for a Cruise along Loboc River whilst having a Buffet Lunch and being entertained by some very talented Musicians and dancers.It was a very full and entertaining day of sight seeing.
We stayed at Dumaluan Resort and Hotel in Panglao Island.Our room was very spacious,marbled tiles,clean comfortable beds and a rather spacious shower room. The staff were very friendly and efficient too. The in house entertainment was superb. They performed to our hearts content. The buffet breakfast included in our room rates was good value for money too.
The beach was pristine,miles and miles of white powdery sand and lovely blue water..It is paradise.....Panglao is such a beautiful island...plenty to do in the day or night,whether you are a beach lover,a food lover or just wanting to explore and be adventurous.

I definitely recommend this Holiday,I have so many beautiful memories, I will return....
I left my Heart in Bohol.

4 Thank Pinay50
tuguegarao city
“bohol trip with CBC Corporate Friends”
Reviewed 31 January 2010

Bohol is a very nice place, you can travel the beautiful places in bohol for a day. You can just rent a car or van and it is not so costly. Dont forget to have your lunch at Loboc River, you will enjoy eating while cruising the River, but my other friends say it is better if it is night. After the Long Day travel to beautiful places, stay one day for swimming at Panglao beach.

HONG KONG
63 helpful votes
“wonderful; would certainly return again”
Reviewed 22 January 2010

We spent a week in Bohol because we know somebody there. Good choice.

Since we had two young kids with us (3.5 and just under 2), we preferred to take it easy. We went to dolphin watching and stayed on Pamilican instead of going to Balicasag. My husband used to live in Hawaii and he said Pamilican is comparable. We bought fresh seafood from the fisherman. My kids and a few others picked up shells, sea urchins, sea cucumbers and sea stars. It was a great day.

We took another day to do Chocolate Hills, see the pythons, the Loboc cruise and go to the Loboc Children's Choir. The Choir appeared to be quite famous and travelled to other parts of the Philippines to perform regularly as well as going abroad during school holidays. We enjoyed the performance tredmendously - even my young kids sat still throughout.

We stayed a few days at my helper's farm at Catigbian - a very unique experience for all of us from the city. The night we arrived there, they roasted one pig. The following day was my helper's nephew's birthday and there was a big party of 80 to 100 people. My daughter liked the place so much that she stayed on while we took my younger son to Cebu. She even went to the local kindergarten for a day. My helper later took her to go fishing, picked some vegetables, etc.

Another day we took our daughter to Ubay to visit to Ubay agri-park. We did some horseback riding, milked buffalos, fed fish, had the eco-fertilizer made by earthworms explained to us - quite an enjoyable trip if the road condition wasn't so bad.

Of course, we also did the bohol bee farm with my daughter. It is a small set up for tourist. They said they have a real bee farm on a much larger scale near my helper's place at Catigbian. Perhaps next time.

We plan to return to Bohol again next Easter - which coincides with the harvest season.

2 Thank elmostoney
New York
40 helpful votes
“Best province that I have been to”
Reviewed 17 December 2009

Bohol is a very beautiful province. Nature is preserved and enjoyed. Chocolate Hills is magnificent and greatness of Almighty is appreciated. Loboc River cruise is relaxing and scenic. It can bring the tranquility and simplicity of life back.
Snorkeling is a must as fish are bountiful in Balicasag island. Huge school of jackfish is witnessed and if you know Nemo, the clown fish, you will see him too aside from different species. Bohol Bee Farm is a great place to enjoy lunch. Very organic and serves delicious natural food. After lunch, make sure to go down and enjoy the quiet beach front of Bohol. If you are thinking of a trip out of Manila, Bohol should be #1 in your list.

2 Thank moistfruitcake
Hong Kong, China
46 helpful votes
“Bohol Tour Recommendation”
Reviewed 5 October 2009

Had a great time in Bohol. Will return again. I will recommend the Firefly Tour in the river at night. It gave me goosebumps to see thousands of fireflies in 15 trees (300 fireflies per tree) as we went to the Loay and Loboc rivers in Bohol.
You should only take this tour when there is no storm or no strong winds, during a storm or strong winds, the fireflies are not there but we had good weather last night, October 4, 2009.
I will recommend you contact Ms Lillet who arranged our transfer in and all tour arrangements, their rates are half of the hotel and they have very professional/polite/friendly/safe service. HIghly recommended. I found Ms Lillet being recommended here also in Trip Advisor by a Taiwan based guest. Ms Lillet's number is +639173042385 and email angelberttours@yahoo.com.

4 Thank SonnyAng

Been to Bohol Island? Share your experiences!