“Our very own house in boracay”

Nirvana Beach Resort
Ranked #39 of 225 Boracay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 January 2013

This is where we stayed when my family and I went to boracay summer of 2012. We stayed in the 2nd floor villa at the back of the compound. The villa had 2 bedrooms, living room, kitchen, dining area, bathroom/toilet with shower and my favorite, the big veranda. The price for the villa is reasonable considering that it's completely furnished: lcd tv in the living room, crt tv in 1 bedroom, stereo component system, gas range, pots, pans & other cooking tools, sofa sets, cabinets & shoe racks, full sized fridge, microwave oven, electric kettle, etc. Another plus for this resort is the location. It may not be a beach front resort, but the location is very close to D'Mall. Just a few steps away are sari-sari stores, a grocery store, wet market, laundromat, restaurants, pretty much everything you will ever need to live! It was like living in our very own house. Food is very expensive, but of course, you can just cook your own meals if you want since a wet market is just around the corner. The beach is just walking distance, you can either go there via the small alley (not really recommended) or through D'Mall. There is a small swimming pool inside the resort and its beside the bar. We didn't bother trying the swimming pool because it was really small and we were there to hit beach anyway. Wifi signal from our place was quite weak. Place is also nice if after a night of partying, you're just looking for a quiet place to recline and relax, in our case, the big veranda. If you just need an affordable but nice place to stay, this can be for you. Also good if you're coming with your family. The experience for us was just like having our very own house at boracay. But I wouldn't recommend this if you're looking for the perks of a mid to high end hotel service (parties, activities, room service, shuttle service, etc.) and if you want the beach to be just outside the resort compound.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank benrodriguez

Reviewed 21 January 2013

We've spent our New Year in Boracay and stayed in this resort with my friends for 4 nights.
We enjoyed a lot our villa even thought the rooms were a bit old, but there was everything there: kitchen, oven, pans for cooking, fridge, TV, two bathrooms, towels. AC was not always stable, but I think it's the same everywhere in Boracay!

The location of resort is pretty nice: close to the supermarket, restaurants, beach...

We liked that everybody from resort were so helpful: getting us umbrella, hairdrier, tricycle! I felt like I was staying home because everybody tried their best to help us. We ordered breakfast once to the room and it was fast and delicious.

I would stay there again when I visit Boracay! Good choice even thought it's not that cheap!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 October 2012

The resort's location is a good walk from D'Mall. It's not a beach front resort but you can walk to the beach. Though it's a lot better if you go through D'Mall instead of the resort itself (the alley is not that nice).
Its main entrance is along the road. Accessible if you'll take tricycles.
Price is good, but I'd definitely pick another hotel that are comparable to its rates. I'm pretty sure I can get a better hotel/b&b with its worth.
The bar is always closed (even at night - weird...)
I'm not fond of the pool. It lacks lighting. And seriously?! It looks like a fish pond (credits to my friend). Not fun for kids and adults. It's too small, and somehow uninviting.
There's no free breakfast included. We didn't bother ordering.
In the unit that we got, the 2 bedrooms were air conditioned (just keep the doors of the rooms open, and cold air will eventually spread out - close the front door of course).
However, the rooms really lack space. They are too small. It could've been better if they pushed the bed to the wall, making more space...
The staff aren't that nice. They do not respond to text (you have to call them). They do not smile, nor do they greet you when you come in. (It's a lot better if they do, smiles and greetings make visitors feel welcome.)
On the bright side, if you want to cook, they have cooking facilities/utensils in each condo/apartment unit.

Room Tip: They do have a 3-floor condo with 2 bathrooms if your group is bigger. Ask for that ;) And again, o...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clodin22
Reviewed 28 September 2012

My family of three stayed in air con cottage years ago peaceful nice staff good snacks. Running stream with coy so fun for the child. Beach and grotto short walk away 4 days 3 nites enjoyed banka ride around the Island before golf course was started. Would stil say a good deal for a nice trip to the white sand beach.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Todd H
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Near D'Mall but not at the beach end. Pool was small and looked uninviting so I did not risk my health jumping in. Restaurant closed while I was there for renovations, but plenty of alternatives. Hotel being renovated ensured I got an early wake call every morning (uninvited though). Easy transport options outside hotel. Rooms okay for 3*, staff fine. Was there for sports, but would not return there with family

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo