“A great little place!”

Boracay Cottage Island Resort
Boracay Cottage Island Resort
Ranked #91 of 177 Speciality Lodging in Boracay
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in Boracay Cottage Resort. The staffs were very friendly. The resort location is ideal if you like a short walk to the beach.

My friend and I were traveling and this was basically one of the cheapest hotels available. We did not book in advance, we simply walked in and they had 3 rooms available for all my friends.

The room itself is a decent size, with AC and shower. It has a hammock outside your bedroom and a rope for you to hang your towels. TV is tiny. Although it is not a 5 star hotel, but if you are traveling and like "old school" style rooms, then this is definitely for you.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 May 2013

Superb, friendly staff, top top location!

My friends and i had a lovely spacious room with a large shower and AC. i sleep like a log, but both of my friends were disturbed by noise from below and next door. It didnt bother me too much but anything less than a heavy sleeper mind find it troublesome. bring ear plugs if in doubt.

i would def recommend this place! what a great steal!

Room Tip: print directions to take with you as tricycle drivers will not be able to access any part of the hot...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Basically cheapest we could find the time we arrived. Bugs on bed everywhere..... Scary..... Had to clean the bed every night. The window of the room cannot close properly and there were trees outside so that was where all the disgusting bugs came in.... Bathroom really small and smelly..... Bed pretty spacious, wooden floor looked nice too. Only one tiny window in the room to let sunlight squeeze in yet it was almost all covered by leaves.... and bugs........

Great service and great location!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

First off: Don't ever book a hotel in boracay with
or any others that prepay... You will pay way too much.. Do the research and walk into the hotel you like. They usually offer a "walk in" discount. Or reserve for a night and walk in to others to find a good deal.
When I first came and they showed me my room I was disappointed. Its old and rustic design and dated fixtures made made me initially uncomfortable considering the price I paid online (hence the warning). But that wore off immediately when I ate at the lovely restaurant OJ'S and had some experience with the wonderful staff.
And when I extended my stay I saved about 35%off what I paid initially.
I stayed here for 1week. The location is EXACTLY where you want to be on boracay. Its on the beach, near the nightlife, restaurants and malls and near the best dive shop on boracay Lapu Lapu dive shop (IMHO).
If you want a quiet beach experience I think it may be extinct on boracay.
Staff were so friendly here they stopped me at the market to say hi even when they were off work!
DONT GET ME WRONG : the rooms aren't bad at all. The shower is nice and hot and separate from the toilet. The bathroom is big. I didn't see a single bug or anything untoward.
Beds are extremely comfortable. Rooms are also very spacious. They are just a little old is all, and I WOULD NOT trade new and modern rooms for the amazing service I got at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We were here last year(March 25-30, 2012)... sorry for the very late comments because of my very busy schedules.
I just want to share my brilliant experience not only in the Boracay but also our choosen hotel for our accommodation as well. My friend booked to this hotel for 3 of us on the dates that i've been mentioned above.. That was the best stay, why? Because, firstly from the staff, they are really nice and helpful. They always clean our room everyday even we didn't request for it. And also they are really friendly...Rooms are really big for 3 of us and really comfortable, beds are really nice to make a lot of dreams(Sleeping)...
Secondly, the location is excellent, when you want to go outside, it's really convenient because it is very near to D'mall, restaurants,bars, and especially to the white sand beach(just a few steps away). If you are thirsty you can plunge some of their special long big size of drinks(with a free special shaped drink container).
A perfect location for relaxing and enjoying the holidays. we are really amazed by everything we've experienced... It's Really worth it!!!!!!

Room Tip: Any rooms are excellent for accommodation
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends