“Fantastic hotel in Boracay”

Jony's Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Split, Croatia
“Fantastic hotel in Boracay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

Great hotel with fantastic staff, very helpful. Big clean room with balcony. Free Wifi in rooms and on the beach. Great locatin near D'Mall and many restorants and bars. Hotel is on the beach, main bilding with rooms is on the road, but restorant is on the beach. Hotel has own sunbeds and towels on beach. Great bath and very big and comfortable bad.

Fabolous hotel for Philippines.

Room Tip: Rooms on 2 & 3 floor are best.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank FileST

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Boracay, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

A place that you enjoyed foods/ drinks while waiting for sunset.
Best for barkada's, Hang outs and specially spending your special day...
Try to visit the place you will know and experience for what i am trying to say...

love this place....

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Seoul
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

I stayed here because my original choice of lodging was canceled. I got the deluxe room for 2,000 pesos off the regular rate and the room was quite nice, though a sea view would have made it perfect. Good service and swimming pool plus right by the beach make this place a good one, but for the price, I feel I could've gotten better. I don't regret staying here and it is nice but I like to make my peso go farther, and I could've done so at other places.

Room Tip: Don't accept the listed prices. If you are going to stay more than two or three nights, offer to...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

There are undoubtedly fancier places to stay on Boracay, but it's hard to imagine anyplace with a better combination of location and cheerful staff.

Located between Stations 1 and 2 and situated just across the road from gorgeous White Beach, Jony's combines easy beach access and a less rowdy environment. It's a 10 minute walk to D'Mall, at the center of White Beach.

The staff is super-friendly and helpful. We booked a package with airport pickup and drop off, and even though we are finishing our island stay at another hotel, they will pick us up there and take us to our flight.

The promo package is a great deal -- boat trip, hour-long massage, dinner at Jony's Beach Bar, breakfast each morning, airport transfer.

The room is on a par with a Holiday Inn, and both the hot water and the Wi-Fi were tepid at best. But those were really minor issues compared to the staff friendliness and great location.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank fslane3
Brisbane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

This review is on Jony's hotel and the restaurant too.

My new husband and I arrived at Boracay on a Friday (early October 2011) at about lunch time. We were picked up from Caticlan airport in a lovely, clean, aircon van and transferred to the jetty were we waited for about 5mins to be taken on the banca boat. There was only us and another couple on the boat! Met at Boracay by another clean, aircon van and driven to the resort where we were greeted by a really lovely, friendly staff member (he was waiting for us in the driveway - it was so nice) with our "welcome drinks". Through booking our "honeymoon package" I actually asked about Jony's famous Oreo Shakes and of course what was my welcome drink - yep an Oreo Shake! I was in heaven! (We've been to Boracay before this trip).

We were taken straight up to our lovely Super Deluxe (from memory) room with sea views. We were on the top floor of the front of the building. Waiting for us was a dozen red roses, a big fruit basket, bottle of Australian wine (not sure if that was on purpose given we're Aussies but it was a nice touch), our bath towels were shaped into swans kissing which was amazing!

We were both pretty exhausted (we both had a flu after being in Manila prior for 2 weeks) so rested for a bit.

The bathroom was lovely and clean. It didn't come with soap bars (shower gel only supplied). We simply asked for some and they delivered them.

WiFi had a few issues but hubby called reception and was all sorted very quickly.

Bed was SUPER comfortable! Clean sheets, fluffy pillows, nice mattress. Cable tv was great considering my next paragraph (came in handy).

Unfortunately, hubby and I both were struck with food poisoning (he on the Saturday night and me on the Tuesday night) after we both ate at Jony's restaurant. We probably should have been more careful as the restaurant was under refurbishment so that should have rung alarm bells. On our previous trip to Boracay we ate at Jony's every single day of our week long stay with absolutely no issue hence why we thought it might have been due to the construction. But it really did ruin our honeymoon as we were bed ridden for nearly all our trip (Sat night - Tues morn then from Tues night through to when we left on the Friday). Thankfully the Thursday the island was struck with a tropical low and it poured raining all day - was nice to be rugged up in bed.

We did try to explain to the reception staff that we were struck with food poisoning upon check out (we missed out on our massages that were included in our package) but the check out staff didn't seem to get what I meant. I should have told my Filipino husband to speak in Tagalog but we just wanted to go as I still was rather unwell.

We will definitely be back to Boracay and to Jony's though I think we will be very hesitant to eat at the restaurant again. It's a shame really as previously the food was amazing but I never want to be that sick ever again!

Room Tip: Be sure to pay the little extra and get a room with a view. The sunsets are truly beautiful
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple