“one of the best”
Review of Las Flores

Las Flores
Ranked #63 of 224 Hotels in Cebu Island
Reviewed 3 November 2008

las flores was introduced to me by a relative few weeks ago..we went there just to ckeck the place and we ended up staying for the night..they have spacious rooms with great beds, matresses, and linens.. nothing compares to their bathroom..would you believe having full-sized bath tubs with telephone shower in a hotel far north of cebu? the place is so quiet which makes it suitable for relaxation.. the foods yummy.. and service was undeniably superb.. the privacy and comfort is what makes this place a great place to stay..

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with friends

*romantic
*good views
*about 45 min from Cebu
*good food

I stayed at Las Flores with my extremely pregnant fiance during the end of September 2008.

From getting picked up at the Cebu airport to finally (and unfortunately) leaving after 4 wonderful days we were treated like special guests. It is more like a family run mansion , with only a few rooms and you always seem (and are treated) like you are the only ones there. The food is good but the service is fantastic. The owners Ian and Vergie are very welcoming and friendly and really help to make this a really special retreat - away from Cebu City. The resort is very asthetically appealing, with lots of little touches that help it feel like a home away from home.

I have traveled the Philippines extensively and to be honest the accommodation is usually a bit disappointing or overpriced (sometimes both) - I'm sure a lot of foriegn travellers would agree. At Las Flores you get value for money and the service is the best I have experienced in the Philippines.

I would recommend this for a romantic getaway. It is great for spending lots of time with your partner and enjoying the ocean from your balcony or the terrace restaurant. So relaxing, I wish I was there now!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank simples
Reviewed 6 October 2008

LAS FLORES..a perfect and peaceful getaway paradise!

After attending a wedding celebration in metro cebu,my friends and I decided to give ourselves a break from an exhausting city life and celebrate my birthday in a place where we can enjoy each other's company. I came to know about this place from a friend so I decided to bring my friends over to this place called LAS FLORES. Much to our delight,we found the place remarkably clean and peaceful..a perfect getaway for us. Food was great and sumptuous, rooms were immaculately clean and smelled nice and fresh(like flowers).Staff was courteous and the owners made it a point that our needs were well attended. The ambience was quite "homey" I would say and relaxing. My friends were quite impressed with the place so we decided that we visit the place again sometime. The memories will forever stay in our hearts.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2008

This is the second time my wife and I have stayed at this beautiful hotel in northern Cebu.The rooms are spotless and spacious, with a country manor house feel.

The food is really delicious with a comprehensive menu to choose from, with a helpful and friendly staff to serve you. I was fishing on their private jetty and was set up with all my comforts,chair,sun brolly and cold beer served by an attentive waitress.,I even caught fish!!
On our latest visit I was celebrating my birthday and nothing was
too much trouble for for Ian & Virginia Gilles who are indeed the most gracious hosts.
I have been a member of Trip Advisor for about 3 years and this is the first time I have ever written a review.I am retired and my wife and I have done a lot of travelling in the Philippines,Hong Kong,Thailand,Burma,and Vietnam. During our visits to these countries we have stayed in some good Hotels,but "Las Flores" is simply the best.
Jean & Richie Peyton

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fpso15
Reviewed 27 June 2008

A sea front hotel situated in Catmon , a short distance south of Sogod on the mid north eastern coast of Cebu and a 90 minute drive from the airport . It's an interesting location as one's initial thought is that it's neither here nor there and yet it is perfect for a quiet relaxing stay and also convenient for a short stopover in between visiting the Camotes islands and the other islands of Bantayan and Malapascua , in fact thirty minutes away in Danao one can take the ferry to the the Camotes . There is a decent golf course in Danao and a fascinating drive to Bogo through the vast sugar cane plantations . Ten minutes by tricycle taxi is the Aroma pool complex which is perfect for children of all ages and adults .
The hotel is owned by a Britsh and Filipina couple and represents a classic example of what can be done with some care and imagination in providing a wonderful blend of modern styling with an extraordinary homely and welcoming feel . The lobby and galleried staircase are a splendid creation , the lounge / bar has a great ambience with comfortable seating and the terrace overlooking the sea is ideal for alfresco dining . I sneaked a look at the kitchen which was both functional and pristine ! The rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated , the bathrooms tastefully tiled and practical . Two of the rooms have balconies with views across to Leyte and the Camotes .
The food was tasty and delightfully presented , especially the breakfast , there is also a dining room but I ate all my meals on the terrace , even during the typhoon ! The swimming pool is perfectly adequate with an area for sunbeds and a pleasant lawn to the front and rear of the property . Wherever you look there are some nice little touches , pictures , flowers on the tables and in the bedrooms , books and magazines and always something to hold one's interest , the owners should be congratulated on their obvious flair .
The owners were on holiday during my stay but their staff were a credit to them , absolutely delightful people , terribly friendly , helpful and most attentive , they coped superbly during the storm .
The lack of a fixed shower in my bedroom didn't bother me at all although in my opinion WiFi is a must nowadays , there was one computer but I think that all hotels should get up to speed on easy internet access . Having said that , Las Flores is exactly the type of hotel which is needed all over the Philippines and sadly in my travels I have seen very few to compare . If this place can attract visitors to a not so well known part of Cebu then no doubt similarly good establishments would be able to pull in the tourists to the less obvious destinations and the Phils tourist industry and local populations would benefit equally .

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo