From the first time we met our wedding coordinator - Karlson, we knew that our planning process of our wedding will be professional and enjoyable at the same time.
Karlson has been attentive to details and prompt in his replies to ensure that our expectations are managed and everything is in good hands. He is also willing to go the extra mile to ensure that service excellence is met. With Karlson's bubbly and humourous personality, he ensures that your planning process will be 'chill chill.'
Assisting Karlson is Murali, the Banquet Manager. The synergy between them is akin to Batman & Robin. Murali's memory is basically like an elephant's - he does not jot down notes, but he can remember the sequence and details of things that are briefed to him. With a never-say-no attitude, he ensures that all the planning and logistics are in order even though he is evidently tired from the back-to-back events that he is managing. During the night prior to our wedding, he ensures that he sends all my guests back to the Larkhill Mansion by buggy (yes, he personally drove it) even it was after his working hours.
Next up on this superhero line-up is Steve. Not Steve Rogers (Captain America), but Steve Ang. He was on his high-key reservist during my wedding, but this hero promised that he will be back to assist with our setup on the night before my wedding, and he appeared as he promised. A hands-on leader who leads by example, he and his team created magic overnight (literally, as they started at 11pm and ended at 5.30am) to complete our setup. He is definitely a a man of his words.
Lastly, Adib and Xiong from the AV and Ops team respectively provided great support to the rehearsals and the actual event.
Apart from the great team, here are some reviews of the venue:
Food - The reviews from my guests about the food are all positive. They provide an option of 'no shark's fin' and has interesting and unique local-inspired dishes like the chilly crab-style prawns with fried man tous! Don't forget to include the refreshing lemongrass jelly in your menu too. =)
Banquet Room - The banquet room provides an awesome view for all guests as there are no pillars, and has a high ceiling. AV system is generally good, equipped with a live telecast system that will be projected on the screens. However, it would be even better if the live cameras can capture the front view of the couple marching-in.
Hotel Rooms - We had a great stay at Larkhill Mansion and Larkhill Terrace. You will have to experience it yourselves!
In a nutshell, our wedding experience at Amara Sanctuary was awesome, and we would gladly recommend it to our friends and family!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa is a 140-room boutique resort in Singapore nested within 3.8 hectares of secluded tropical gardens on the hillside of Sentosa’s popular Palawan Beach.A ten minute drive from the Central Business District on mainland Singapore, it is easily accessible for both business and leisure travellers.Winner of Singapore Tatler The Best of Singapore Awards 2010 to 2013 - Best Resort.Winner of Singapore Service Class Award 2012.Winner of AsiaOne People's Choice Awards 2009 - Best Resort.Winner of URA Architectural Heritage Awards 2007 - Category A. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Amara Sanctuary Sentosa Island
- Amara Sanctuary Hotel Sentosa Island