We spent two nights in a Larkhill Terrace in January 2017. The room was lovely and comfortable. We found with the stone floor you needed to turn the air con up quite a bit more than you would normally in Singapore, as it was quite chilly. The bed and pillows were comfy. The shower had really miserable water pressure and the temperature was hard to regulate which was a bit disappointing. A nice shower in a hotel/resort is always something nice. The room had a lovely big terrace on the front with a day bed which was really nice. We had one of the nicest rooms in this building. Our first night we made the mistake of eating at Shutters restaurant. The service was pretty terrible, the food was really average. We were the only ones in there. It was freezing in the restaurant so we ate outside. Don't get the Singapore Laksa, if you go, it was awful. Breakfast the next morning was equally as disappointing. Admittedly we were some of the only non-Asian people there, but most of the food was Asian breakfast food, and it really didn't cater to a western guest. We certainly wouldn't pay for it. Bear in mind, the last place we stayed in Singapore was the ParkRoyal on Pickering. We had to pay for our breakfast there but it was lovely. There were sections of this hotel that were in terrible disrepair. A whole section/bar had old tables and chairs strewn around, disused pool tables, half eaten food on the bar. It wasn't very attractive. Staff were nice enough - some needed better English. The exclusive pool at the Larkhill building was nice but was never attended by staff. Never any towels or water. You can't get service there like in other resorts. It looked like no staff ever went there. We're really well travelled and have stayed in some fantastic places, so we feel like we're in a good position to leave these comments. We wouldn't be booking this resort again. We've been to some seriously spectacular hotels all around the world and Amara is just nowhere near the same standard as fantastic European/American/Australian resorts. And it doesn't come cheap. Look elsewhere, is our advice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa is a 140-room boutique resort in Singapore nested within 3.8 hectares of secluded tropical gardens on the hillside of Sentosa’s popular Palawan Beach.A ten minute drive from the Central Business District on mainland Singapore, it is easily accessible for both business and leisure travellers.Winner of Singapore Tatler The Best of Singapore Awards 2010 to 2013 - Best Resort.Winner of Singapore Service Class Award 2012.Winner of AsiaOne People's Choice Awards 2009 - Best Resort.Winner of URA Architectural Heritage Awards 2007 - Category A. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Amara Sanctuary Sentosa Island
- Amara Sanctuary Hotel Sentosa Island