My wife and I spent two nights here on the return stop-over at the end of our Distant Journeys Highlights of New Zealand and Australia tour. We just wanted to relax totally at the end of a thoroughly enjoyable but full-on tour.
We arrived close to midnight, and check in was very slow. Our room was large with a large double bed, a sofa, chairs, a large TV and plenty of wardrobe (with plenty of hangars) and drawer space. There was a safe, iron and ironing board and a coffee machine. The bathroom was large with both a bath and a shower, and with plenty of good quality towels and toiletries.
We had to queue for breakfast both mornings. The food was good, but staff were slow (under pressure?) to replenish many items, e.g. when a waiter appeared with a dozen yoghurts he could not even put them in the cool area as people took them out of the box!. There were three fruit juices, four cereals, and different breads and pastries; there was a large choice of hot food for Western and Asian tastes.
There are two pools, one at ground level although it was in need of cleaning (lot of leaves in the water), and an infinity pool on the roof. There are also a gym and a spa.
People on a late check-out can shower and change in the sky-pool area, but the changing room is like a wet room!
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
Conclusion – definitely a four star hotel, but we were lucky enough to have the room and breakfast on a special deal; I would not pay the full price. Would we stay here again – only of on a deal!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa is a 140-room boutique resort in Singapore nested within 3.8 hectares of secluded tropical gardens on the hillside of Sentosa’s popular Palawan Beach.A ten minute drive from the Central Business District on mainland Singapore, it is easily accessible for both business and leisure travellers.Winner of Singapore Tatler The Best of Singapore Awards 2010 to 2013 - Best Resort.Winner of Singapore Service Class Award 2012.Winner of AsiaOne People's Choice Awards 2009 - Best Resort.Winner of URA Architectural Heritage Awards 2007 - Category A. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotelopia, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Amara Sanctuary Sentosa Island
- Amara Sanctuary Hotel Sentosa Island