All reviews courtyard suite shutters restaurant larkhill terrace glass pavilion sales manager banquet manager infinity pool wedding dinner palawan beach direct access to the pool birthday surprise warm hospitality lush greenery beautiful resort coffee machine the check in process service staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 week ago

Really looking forward to give a great review given Amara’s reputation and the price we paid for this experience.

Was unpleasantly disappointed!

1. Aircon was not working
Could not adjust the temperature of the aircon and called the receptionist 3 times- Was told the technician would come but never came the entire night

2. Birthday service was not delivered
Read reviews that the service was impeccable when it comes to birthday- We specially chose Amara for this- Boyfriend called beforehand to enquire about the cake since it’s a nice gesture and not commitment. We were disappointed since he was promised a cake- Cake did not arrive

3. Alarm at 7am?
There was a fire alarm that rang from 7am-8am. 1 hour of continuous ringing was not a good experience as well

Shared our concerns with the receptionist in the morning and all we got was ‘sorry for this, that will be all’

Was definitely not expecting this level of service for the price we paid! Wanted to celebrate our dog’s birthday with Amara but will probably give this a miss.

1  Thank the-asian-abroad
ASRS GM Office, Other at Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Dear The-asian-abroad,

Thank you for your time writing review. I do apologize for all inconvenience caused that had happened during your stay. I will contact you directly via email separately

Reviewed 1 week ago

1. Asked for early check in, they told us to come at 12. Upon arriving, was told that we had to wait for the previous occupants to leave. Fine, but theres not a single seat in the lobby for us to sit. We were told to go to their restaurant to wait thus had to eat their mediocre food as it was raining heavily and we had so many stuff. To make it worse, we were planning a birthday surprise for my mum so we wanted to prepare by checking in early. Ended up having to ask my mum to wait around while they prepared the room (1 hr +). I know early check in is not an expected, but they shouldnt have told us to come at 12pm when theres no reason to do so, and furthermore when there is nowhere to sit.
Service at the restaurant was sub par, with inattentive staff- note that this isnt at peak hour, there was only three tables of customers at the time.

We were able to check into the room, but to our horror, the sofa was so dirty and there was stains on the bathtub. The floor felt quite dusty as well. (See images)

TLDR: I really regret not booking a more respectable hotel for a special occasion. If you are finding somewhere to celebrate a special occasion, look elsewhere because they are NOT reliable at all.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ATFS99
ASRS GM Office, Other at Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Dear ATFS99,

Thank you for your time writing review here. Please kindly be informed that our normal check in time is after 3pm and is our normal practice to inform guests as well. I do apologize on this miscommunication as well as cleanliness part. I will certainly look into this matter.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We had a nice 2 nights stay at Amara Resort. Due to some issues our Courtyard room was upgraded to Villa rooms and had a great stay in Villas. Rooms were clean and service was very good. Nice ambience and green surroundings all along.

Dear Jibujacobme,

Thank you very much for your time writing this review and I am very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future

Reviewed 1 week ago

Checked in during Xmas eve. Check in was swift and fast despite its a peak season. Service Manager Tommy served my family and I upon check in with so much passion he is literally all over the place. My family saw him in 1 of the room cleaning up the room as well. From check in counter to cleaning rooms?

Breakfast at shutters was gastronomic worthy to be in the books of Michellin.

I must say good well done to Amara..truely a gem away from City

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
ASRS GM Office, Other at Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear DoraExplorerSG,

Thank you very much for your time writing your comments through here. I am very happy to hear that specific name from my hotel team member, Tommy has been mentioned. We understand the situation, therefore, regardless of who we are in the hotel, when other departments need help, we always be there to assist. Our Executive Chef Kelvin, works with his passion through his cooking skills. I am very proud of my Team. We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us soon

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Was staying with my fiancé at Amara and since it was our anniversary, we decided to splurge on their luxurious Courtyard Suite (with private jacuzzi).

We were looking forward to relaxing in the suite, but once we walked into the room and toilet, I immediately noticed a pool of water near the second toilet sink. The puddle started from the tap, spread to the side of the basin, and then to the floor it was dripping on. On a closer look we realised the tap was faulty.

I proceeded to open the minifridge as the hotel provided a complimentary minibar. However, the first thing that caught my eye was a half-opened bottle of juice left sitting in the fridge. Needless to say our excitement level dropped significantly.

After the two incidents, I dialled the reception and they sent their colleagues to help sort out the situation. The engineers that came to fix the tap were at it for more than an hour. Another colleague came with 8 bottles of water till we clarified that it was the half-opened bottle of juice we were uncomfortable about, and she replaced with a fresh one.

When the engineers left, they went off without an update (we were watching TV in our room and assumed they went to get more help/the necessary part). Upon checking the tap, we found that they had taken the head off completely so we were unable to use (leaky tap or not).

After waiting for 30min without any news, I dialled reception again. The receptionist checked with her colleagues and proceeded to inform me that they were unable to fix the tap, and the part will be replaced and the tap fixed any time during the next day or two (when we stayed there). We were offered a complimentary breakfast for the next day for the inconvenience of the tap (although a room replacement might have been more preferable but we thought the tap would be fixed soon).

For our anniversary dinner, we tried calling Amara's restaurant Shutters in advance to reserve, but nobody picked up the call. We emailed twice to Amara as well before we finally got a confirmation on our reservation. Unfortunately, when we went down for dinner that night, we were told that our name was not in the reservation list (despite our efforts to make the booking). Luckily they still had space and proceeded to seat us.

We were at Amara for 2 nights, and until check-out, our tap was still left unfixed. Fortunately we had 2 basins, but it did not leave a pleasant impression. Upon informing their colleague who was helping us with the check-out, the response was less enthusiastic than hoped, nonetheless she did say that her manager will call to follow-up with us. It's been a week since our stay, and we're still waiting for the call from Amara.

Date of stay: December 2020