All reviews courtyard suite shutters restaurant larkhill terrace glass pavilion sales manager banquet manager infinity pool wedding dinner palawan beach direct access to the pool birthday surprise warm hospitality lush greenery beautiful resort coffee machine the check in process service staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

3 thumbs up for Amara Sanctuary Resort.

Room booking
Everything went so smooth to book 8 rooms with Hotel Mgr Poom Samkasat, very realiable, systematic and prompt. Personally felt it was not only efficient, yet a good sound understanding of things from a broad perspective. As we are a big group seeking a quiet resort to break the "work from home" routine, a staycation with yoga to stretch our mind, Poom suggested an ideal venue for our practices, big enough for safety-distancing, so serene with much privacy despite the non-stop heavy rain throughout our stay. Thanks to the complimentary breakfast offered and a balcony room with a lovely view (for my anniversary)

Guest Relation Mgr Tommy was so kind, he had the venue cleaned, prepared and to our delight a carton of complimentary water was delivered before we start our yoga sessions, so thoughtful, there was nothing else we lack. He also generously offered me a complimentary late check out when I asked about the day rate and was ready to pay for it. His extended gesture of making himself available for us made us feel so looked after, we cant thank him enough.

Shutters Restaurant
An average venue for dinning, too cold indoor, at dinner, service slow to respond, staff look unmotivated, food is average and service was short, staff at dinner seems not trained and unable to understand guest's special request. However a dynamic breakfast team was prompt and "alive" a total contrast. Some office staff came to help on different mornings, service was a delight at breakfast !

Amara Resort is indeed a Sanctuary, the outdoor area of Shutters restaurant is set amidst nicely manicured, lovely lush greens, trees with squrriels, birds and peacocks to add vibe to our breakfast experience, best to dine outdoor. The surrounding landscape so healing for the senses when you take strolls, giving a soothing mental bath despite the rain forbidding a swim in the clean refreshing-looking pool.

The Spa
I had a deep tissue massage by San San, a small frame friendly lady with great deep pressure to my liking to unknot my body, a rejuvenating experience.

Overall, a 5 star service experience that is memorable and making me want to return. Our group is planning another staycation in August, see you soon Amara Sanctuary. Thank you for the wonderful staycation, a great team !

Trip type: Travelled with friends
ASRS GM Office, Other at Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Rosie,

Thank you very much for taking time to write your review. It's been my pleasure to serve and handling your request till making reservation process. I have informed my team on your group's purpose of stay and assured you and your team had wonderful stay with us. For the dinner experience, I hear you and certainly will improve on this portion.

Thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to staying with us soon

Reviewed 1 week ago

Really looking forward to give a great review given Amara’s reputation and the price we paid for this experience.

Was unpleasantly disappointed!

1. Aircon was not working
Could not adjust the temperature of the aircon and called the receptionist 3 times- Was told the technician would come but never came the entire night

2. Birthday service was not delivered
Read reviews that the service was impeccable when it comes to birthday- We specially chose Amara for this- Boyfriend called beforehand to enquire about the cake since it’s a nice gesture and not commitment. We were disappointed since he was promised a cake- Cake did not arrive

3. Alarm at 7am?
There was a fire alarm that rang from 7am-8am. 1 hour of continuous ringing was not a good experience as well

Shared our concerns with the receptionist in the morning and all we got was ‘sorry for this, that will be all’

Was definitely not expecting this level of service for the price we paid! Wanted to celebrate our dog’s birthday with Amara but will probably give this a miss.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank the-asian-abroad
ASRS GM Office, Other at Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Dear The-asian-abroad,

Thank you for your time writing review. I do apologize for all inconvenience caused that had happened during your stay. I will contact you directly via email separately

Reviewed 1 week ago

1. Asked for early check in, they told us to come at 12. Upon arriving, was told that we had to wait for the previous occupants to leave. Fine, but theres not a single seat in the lobby for us to sit. We were told to go to their restaurant to wait thus had to eat their mediocre food as it was raining heavily and we had so many stuff. To make it worse, we were planning a birthday surprise for my mum so we wanted to prepare by checking in early. Ended up having to ask my mum to wait around while they prepared the room (1 hr +). I know early check in is not an expected, but they shouldnt have told us to come at 12pm when theres no reason to do so, and furthermore when there is nowhere to sit.
Service at the restaurant was sub par, with inattentive staff- note that this isnt at peak hour, there was only three tables of customers at the time.

We were able to check into the room, but to our horror, the sofa was so dirty and there was stains on the bathtub. The floor felt quite dusty as well. (See images)

TLDR: I really regret not booking a more respectable hotel for a special occasion. If you are finding somewhere to celebrate a special occasion, look elsewhere because they are NOT reliable at all.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ATFS99
ASRS GM Office, Other at Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Dear ATFS99,

Thank you for your time writing review here. Please kindly be informed that our normal check in time is after 3pm and is our normal practice to inform guests as well. I do apologize on this miscommunication as well as cleanliness part. I will certainly look into this matter.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We had a nice 2 nights stay at Amara Resort. Due to some issues our Courtyard room was upgraded to Villa rooms and had a great stay in Villas. Rooms were clean and service was very good. Nice ambience and green surroundings all along.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Jibujacobme,

Thank you very much for your time writing this review and I am very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future

Reviewed 1 week ago

Checked in during Xmas eve. Check in was swift and fast despite its a peak season. Service Manager Tommy served my family and I upon check in with so much passion he is literally all over the place. My family saw him in 1 of the room cleaning up the room as well. From check in counter to cleaning rooms?

Breakfast at shutters was gastronomic worthy to be in the books of Michellin.

I must say good well done to Amara..truely a gem away from City

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear DoraExplorerSG,

Thank you very much for your time writing your comments through here. I am very happy to hear that specific name from my hotel team member, Tommy has been mentioned. We understand the situation, therefore, regardless of who we are in the hotel, when other departments need help, we always be there to assist. Our Executive Chef Kelvin, works with his passion through his cooking skills. I am very proud of my Team. We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us soon