6 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$359
Expedia.comUS$359
eDreamsUS$325
Booking.comUS$325
TravelocityUS$359
CheapTicketsUS$359
All reviews courtyard suite shutters restaurant larkhill terrace glass pavilion sales manager banquet manager infinity pool wedding dinner palawan beach direct access to the pool birthday surprise warm hospitality lush greenery beautiful resort coffee machine the check in process service staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Amara Sentosa is the furthest thing away from a romantic location.

This is the most disappointing experience I’ve ever had in all my ‘resort-staying’ experience. You would think that paying premium would give you a certain level of standard, but no. This is a new level of disappointing.

The villa was going at $800 per night, but will not match up to an $80 room in Batam.

To start off this nightmare, I emailed Amara prior to the stay as I wanted to make a few requests for my proposal. They were not flexible or helpful in anyway. Fine, understandable. Next, on the day of the check in, the front reception staff was not very friendly. To a point, one of my visitors who hasn’t been back to Singapore for 6 years remarked, “Why Singapore hotel standard drop so much?” Nevermind that, we got the keys and headed to the villa.

1) I tried calling the front desk asking if they sell a bottle of champagne, she redirected me to the restaurant which the phone went on ringing for a while, no one answered. So I called back the front desk to tell her what’s going on, she just asked me to call again.. What? Like if that was the solution, I wouldn’t have called you in the first place. So anyway I told her to help reach out to the restaurant directly with my request. A few moments later, the restaurant finally called but came to me with the pricing of Chardonnay, I told him champagne, not white wine. He said he’ll call me back in 5 minutes (which he obviously did not), and why in the world do you need so long to check for your pricing/availability of something so simple?

2) The place looks significantly smaller and not like in the pictures AT ALL. Fine, understand how anyone would make use of good photography in business.

3) The place was disgusting, old and in serious need of refurbishment. First and foremost, I don’t know how often you have visitors or check your rooms but I think it is basic professionalism to make sure every is in order before a guest checks in to the room. There was birdshit in my bathtub, dried up for god knows how long. What kind of resort has this kind of atrocious standard seriously?!

Next, I know that it’s Sentosa, and it’s a resort, there’s outdoors so there’s bound to be mosquitoes. BUT THE PLACE WAS INFESTED WITH SO MANY BIG FAT MOSQUITOES TO A POINT I BELIEVE THERE IS A SERIOUS BREACH OF SAFETY FOR YOUR VISITORS. Why have all the precautions and SOPs for COVID-19 when YOU ARE TRYING TO GIVE YOUR VISITORS DENGUE. THIS IS ATROCIOUS.

Next, the aircon is not cold, and is leaking. We collected a bucket full of water from that short period of time we were in the room.

Fast forwarding to the change of room, thank you for having the basic compassion to change rooms for us, because I don’t think the villa was meant for any one to be living in..

This time, the room looks cleaner, the aircon actually works and, there weren’t as many mosquitoes, so thank god for all of that. This sense of relief was short lived, for about 5 minutes when it started to rain heavily. The pool, world class infinity pool, started overflowing and seeping into the doors of the room. The windows, were leaking and water was seeping into the rooms as well. The back of the room was pretty much flooded. The outdoor area was obviously flooded. The roof for the outdoor area was leaking, your cheap solution of silicon DOES NOT WORK FYI. Get a better contractor to fix this please.

You have staff saying things like “下雨,没办法”..... Thank you lor. Thanks for the help......

Aiyah, I can go on writing about how disappointing and what a hellish nightmare this has been. I’m still here, writing this at 6am and I can’t wait to just get out of here.

Giving away free rooms is right, I don’t think you all should be charging $800 for this kind of standard or even $8 at all.

Maybe instead of taking a $500 deposit from your guests, you should give a $500 deposit to ensure that guests won’t get dengue, or get a flooding room, leaking aircon, or just a really horrible experience.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank M9268UAjonathant
ASRS GM Office, Other at Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Jonathan,

Thank you for your time writing review and we have responded to your request during your stay.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

this hotel was my first choice as i wanted a private pool/jacuzzi so that i can enjoy with my wife during our staycation, thus we decided to get the Courtyard Suite with Private Jacuzzi.

we arrived at 3pm for the check in, and was actually surprised when they said our room was not ready yet, and we can wait at the restaurant while the room was being made. luckily, the room was ready by the end of the check in session.

the suite is located in an old colonial building so it had a rustic feel around it. however, the interior of the suite left much to be desired. you can see the interior need refurbishment badly. the wall was quite dirty with all the insects empty egg shells, the toilet screen door does not align with the frame itself, the TV is still either a 32 inch or max 40 inch TV. in honesty, we were disappointed as this room does not come cheap even with the Rediscover Singapore vouchers.

then the problems came. first up was the toilet. it couldn't flush completely and we had to flush about 2-3 times. we rang up the housekeeping and informed them of this toilet issue and were assured the engineering team will come. 1 hr passed, and we made the second call only to know that the first call was not registered with the team. an apology was given and the engineering team was down to our suite in about 10mins. they then went about trying to sort out the toilet flushing. about 5 mins later, they were done and told us that it is normal because the amount of water is a lot and the flow is slow. WHAT WERE THE ENGINEERING TEAM THINKING?! how can 2-3 flushes be normal? were they expecting the guests to stay at the toilet and keep flushing? they told them they will check with reception on changing another room for us and yet 1 hour later, we have to call reception ourselves on whether we can change the room. communication is severely lacking between departments.

Then another problem appeared. The tv hanged while i was changing channels! blackout! switching it off and on also doesn't solve the issue. in the end, i had to switch it off and wait for half an hour before the issue was resolved. after a call to the reception, they finally arranged for us to be moved to another suite which was just next to us.

3rd problem appeared when we wanted to go for a soak in the jacuzzi. the jacuzzi area was situated beside the suite BUT if you cross over to the jacuzzi area, there is a gap which will be like a mini waterfall when it rains. you will get wet before you can go into the jacuzzi. it is definitely a weird design.

4th problem was the door at the jacuzzi area. it is unlocked, which means anyone can just enter into the jacuzzi area from outside of the hotel. there was no locking mechanism to lock the door from the inside.

the redeeming grace was the human factor. the reception, the buggy guy, the cleaning staff, went well and above their duty to ensure we had a good stay. however, the suites are really in great need for a refurbishment and improved communication between departments.

Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank AlvinFSH

Dear AlvinFSH,

Thank you for your review and we do apologize for any inconvenience caused. We have seriously looked into engineering matter and have fixed issues. Your review is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

(1) Found the room being very “basic” despite being upgraded to Premier category. (2) While swimming at the Sky Pool, we could smell the stench from the toilet next to the pool. (3) Overall, staff who answered our calls were not very professional and helpful.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear LohWYA,

Thank you for your review and apologies on various matters. Would you please kindly allow us to contact you directly so that we could get more details with regards to Staff you spoke with.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Id like to thank helpful staff at Amara Sanctuary for giving us a great respite from home
Even though we have returned only for one night,it was a perfectly relaxing stay,full of good humor and good food
So glad to have you guys 20 minute ride away from home;)
Keep up the good work
Joanna and Kenji

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Joanna & Kenji,

Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review. We hope to have chance welcoming you back to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Nadhirah, Lixuan and Esther was amazing. They helped my family check in/out seamlessly and they service was on point. My 5th visit and they never disappoint. Would definitely come back again and again.

Do look for Esther when you come. She is great and her generosity in giving me the same villa as my previous visit was not expected.

The Villa number 7 however had power outages thrice throughout the night but that still did not stop us from having a good time as the technicians were prompt and service efficient. Even offered us a change of room but we had too much stuff to pack up to be changing rooms so we just decided to stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
ASRS GM Office, Other at Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Khairinmustaqim,

Thank you very much for writing such an sweet and impressive review. We have investigated on the case of power tripped and has come up with the long term solution to fix this and for all. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to stay with us in the near future

Poom