6 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 16/05/21
Booking.comUS$244
eDreamsUS$244
PricelineUS$272
All reviews shutters restaurant larkhill terrace glass pavilion sales manager deluxe room infinity pool banquet manager direct pool access wedding dinner palawan beach birthday surprise coffee machine service staff the check in process relaxing stay shuttle bus family staycation
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 March 2021

Stayed 2 nights recently at Amara Sanctuary, Family Suite with my husband and 2 year old and was very happy with the experience.

Before we even set foot on the hotel, the amazing service level and professionalism of the staff can be felt from the prompt responses to our requests of senior guest relations manager, Tommy. He also went above and beyond to provide more than we have asked for to ensure that my son has all that he needs for the stay.

The buggy service was great too and the different staff we encountered who helped buggy us around always did it professionally, and helped made things easier for us like carrying our bags, driving us to our car, and helping with the check out directly. Tommy also helped sheltered us in the heavy rain and the buggies were also rain proofed for our comfort.

Rooms come with a QR code that links you to a digital concierge that is very useful and simple for making requests such as booking of facilities and buggy pickup etc. You can see how crowded the different facilities are before you book them and we appreciated that.

Room is suitable for nature lovers with the view of the greens nearby, and the greetings of the birds in the morning.

Glad we made it back to stay here again!

Trip type: Travelled with family
ASRS GM Office, Other at Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2021

Dear Tangentan,

I am very pleased to hear and to read such a sweet feedback which I made me feel proud even more of my operation team especially Front Office Staff, Tommy. I hope you and your family will find time to come back and staying with us again in the near future.

Regards,

Poom
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 26 March 2021 via mobile

I took my wife to Amara to celebrate her birthday, booking a 2 room Villa which cost over $900 for the night.

The condition of the accommodation was a disgrace. Exposed electrical wires, rotten wood inside and out, damp patches on the walls, grime imbedded in the bathroom etc (see pictures).

The marketing material used to promote the hotel is completely inaccurate and misleading.

After complaining, I was offered a small refund which was totally unacceptable. The hotel is now not answering my emails.

There are plenty of great hotels in Singapore, this is not one of them and I recommend you don’t stay here.

1  Thank Peckton
ASRS GM Office, Other at Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2021

Dear Peckton,

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your stay recently. We have responded to your email and we have rectified all issued you have mentioned. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Hotel Team

Reviewed 25 March 2021

If we could give this place a zero rating, we would have picked it. Sadly lowest is 1. I'm not really sure how did this place get 5 stars.

Front desk:
- room not ready at check in time.
- only have 1 buggy to ferry all the guests. Prepare to wait if there is a long line and if it is raining.
- no place to sit at lobby while waiting for room.
- they don't even give late checkout extension of an hour even when we got our room late.
- No attention to details (didn't realize it was for a birthday celebration)

Housekeeping:
- Room is old (jacuzzi room) with musky smell.
- bedsheets not pressed properly.
- We were told housekeeping does not have enough staff so no quality in the rooms made.
- We were informed by front desk that the jacuzzi water is not changed after every guest checks out. Considering that it's covid period, I wonder how did they get SG clean certified.
- moulds on the walls in the room.

Engineering:
- Aircon controller doesn't work
- sometimes the flush doesn't work
- when it rains, the rain water falls into the jacuzzi area. Which doesn't make sense with the canopy being places on top.

This is our second time coming to this place and honestly it's gotten worst than how it was previously when we were here. For the price range of $300 to $400 per night, even if using the SRV vouchers, it is not worth the money spent. And this room is used for their pet package.

Please stay away from this place.

1  Thank HotelReporterSG
Reviewed 25 March 2021 via mobile

If I could give this 0 for rating, I would by 1 seems to be the lowest. At the price point of SGD500+ for a so called 5 star hotel ---> this is the most horrible hotel ever. Even a cheap motel is cleaner than them.

We were told room wasn't ready at check in (We arrived at 3.30pm) and it wasn't even peak season. Was made to wait with no chairs whatsoever to even sit down while we wait.

To add salt to injury, the room we got had a broken toilet (which they say is normal and I should press the flush more often), left over mosquito patches in the room from previous user and most parts of the wall was covered in mould and stains and lizard droppings.

Also, the Aircon is really noisy.

Had to complaint like crazy (called a few times and the first time I complained, it wasn't even recorded in the logs!) before they begrudgingly gave me another room which was marginally better.

I even wrote in to them via email but zero response even after 2 months.

So all in all, please don't bother. This is not a 5 star hotel (seriously wondering how they got this rating) and you would be better off taking your money elsewhere.

The only reason why you could even want to come here is if you have pets cos they allow pets.

Date of stay: January 2021
Reviewed 20 March 2021 via mobile

Stayed at the resort and encountered a number of shortcomings, which was reported to the hotel management after checkout.
Was promised a partial refund by the hotel manager and had to liaise directly with the financial controller who never responded to my email follow up.
I have since given up on getting the partial refund, five months down the line.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
ASRS GM Office, Other at Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2021

Dear Sir,

We kept the promise and we have done the refund as per our agreement. However, the refund from the hotel has been refunded through the booking portal you have paid through. Therefore, it should be followed up with that portal. Usually, hotel will process the refund within 7 days

Hotel Team