Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews shutters restaurant larkhill terrace glass pavilion sales manager deluxe room infinity pool banquet manager direct pool access wedding dinner palawan beach birthday surprise coffee machine service staff the check in process relaxing stay shuttle bus family staycation
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I can only say if I ever win a free stay at Amara Sanctuary. I’ll throw the winning voucher away. Horrible state the room is. Has Amara ran short of budget for even basic refurbishment and amenities?I booked for a hotel room, not some rundown place for camping. This is so utterly (beyond words) disgusting and disappointing that I immediately regretted having to book the room for 2 nights. The toilet bowl takes forever to flush. The drainage of the sink is worse than the speed of a snail, the air-con sounded like a bunch of crickets chirping... I’m appalled to even say more. Not that the terrible state the room isn’t bad enough, service and service recovery was horrible with our bottle of wine miraculously disappearing from our room after housekeeping and only to have the team manager telling us that the bottle were all empty. I don’t think I am paying $1200+ just to “cheat” the hotel of a bottle of wine here. Amara Resort Sentosa, you may want to train your frontliners on how best to provide service recovery and be tactful with their words.

Pls think twice if you ever want to click the Book button. Pay that bit more, and make your stay way way better at Capella Singapore instead, or in fact any other hotels in Singapore.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Likepeachknoes
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was our 2nd times staycation with ASR couple suites room and is one of our favorites hotels for staycation. The check in was a breeze during our early check in. The front desk staff were polite. The room was nice and clean especially the bathtub which I m always very particular about the cleanliness. Everything was so well in place.

The hotel provides complimentary mini bar (coke, orange juices, kit kat and Oreo cookies), tea sachets and coffee capsules selections and ice buckets which rarely available in most of the hotels and I m happy they are part of the room deal. We were not so particular about TV model as there were so much to explore within the vicinity that we barely had time to watch TV program. We enjoyed the direct pool from our suite, the day bed and of course the bathtub which given us the feeling of being in a resort. The nature air breeze, the chriping birds, the honking ships from the sea and flyover heli planes had elevated our spirits and mental well.
For room improvement,
The wooden sliding door to the pool likely need more maintaence as quite difficult to slide n lock. A packet or a small bottle of insect repellent can be part of complimentary room amenities will be wonderful too.

I would like to thank you the senior guest manager Mr Tommy for the complimentary breakfast as part of my birthday celebration. The English and Egg Benedict breakfast were good in portion that we didn't have much stomach room to fill in their other choices. If there is I can suggest in the menu is fruits platter to be added on.

I would like to compliment the 3 front end staff serving breakfast for their friendly and efficient response as I would see one of them was handling the room service breakfast orders and 2 of them running the floors from ushering, taking and serving orders to both indoors and alfresco area. Seeing them non stop pacing up and down, in and out.

Last but not least, our late check out was a breeze and we plan to book our next staycation if we come across good promotion again. Maybe the next stay will be their villa.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ASRS GM Office, Other at Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Dessertlious,

Thank you very much for such a sweet compliment. I am very happy to hear that specific name was mentioned through here and I am very proud of operational team members that pull passion together to deliver their best service to you and your other half. On behalf of the hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future.

Poom
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Point of view from a hotel manager. I booked for 3 nights the suite with private Jacuzzi 1400$ - no breakfast offered just the room.

The room was dusty, my bedsheet stained. When you spend 1400$ for 3 nights and you book a 5 star hotel you expect at least that it’s clean.

The room was old, ok, understandable... but not well maintained, that’s not ok. The jacuzzi outside was beautiful anyway.

The first day, around 10am, we got pulled out of the room because the cleaner had to clean the room... when I mentioned to him, I was sleeping he answered that he needed to clean the room .... really ?? You treat a f***ing suite like this???

For 3 times in 3 days we had privacy issues. Gardener came in and out without the chance to lock the back door... he needs to water the plants outside and he uses the water from inside our private jacuzzi. That’s so wrong !!!

How do you not give privacy to a couple who is getting married in one of those 3 days?!!!

We complained to the reception Shakilah.... no difference, same f****ing problem for
3 days !!! It’s a shame !!!

The nice part of the stay there is a beautiful free half pint of beer offered Bcz we were celebrating our wedding there ...
really ?? Not even a pint ??? I prefer you don’t show me those vouchers because you guys look sooooo cheap !!!

I rate it 2 stars, only because the Receptionist on the day of our check out, Nadirah, was humble enough to absorb our frustrations in. She also took down my email address and told us she will bring this up to her Manager and email us. Though after 1 week of waiting, Nothing!

You should not be able to welcome other guests if this is the type of Service Amara likes to give !
You should take the chance to renovate since there are no tourist instead of cheating your guest in the way you are doing now.

Shame on you !!!

1  Thank mapoSv
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The fact we booked this coz it comes with pool villa for our anniversary. Room is clean.

Don't expect WOW experience from Amara.

Breakfast was inclusive... It is the most terrible breakfast we ever had among all our vacations. Pathetic yet skillfully hard poached eggs when we expected it to be runny when we poked it, with One tiny cherry tomatoe for our american breakfast plus 1/2 sliced mushroom.

We skipped our breakfast on our second day.

Lucky we prepared our own fruits, beers etc... Coz there isn't any welcome fruits...

This is indeed the most pathetic resort we ever had in our life.

Think twice if you want to book. Prepare your own itinerary, snacks, fruits etc.

The resort is close to USS so can be quite noisy with the roller coaster in sight.

The only we like coz it comes with own pool, no need to advance book pool... And it provides buggy service.

Room tip: Opt out breakfast
1  Thank millietan

Dear Millietan,

Thank you for your time writing review over here. Your feedback is highly appreciated and will certainly look to the areas you have mentioned through here. We do apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay as well.

Hotel Team

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed over at this resort for 3 days and 2 nights. My package comes with breakfast, $50 dining voucher for 2 days and a heritage tour. Although the resort is a bit dated compare to the new hotels in Sentosa, am very pleased with the excellent service throughout my stay.

Although there wasn't any buffet spread for breakfast, am blown away by the English breakfast and the Egg Benedict! The water melon from breakfast was stale on my 1st morning there and I feedback it to the service staff without leaving my name & room no. Amara surprised me with a little note & a slice of chocolate cake to apologize for their short fall.

Do join the heritage tour. There was so much history to learn from the grounds of Amara. This the hotel to stay if you enjoy being closed to nature. Thank you for the hospitality!

Dear Lin2Ma,

Thank you very much indeed for your time writing review with regards of your feedback during your stay. We proud of our property and all colonial buildings we have within the hotels, therefore, we also have created food items that related to heritage culture as well. We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us soon.

Hotel Team