1,153 results
All reviews loft room privilege lounge accor member shower and toilet middle road sofa bed standard room swimming pool welcome drink free calls mobile phone modern hotel business trip haji lane shopping mall strategic location arab street
Reviewed 12 January 2017

One of the most pleasurable stays in in any hotel and we have been traveling for 38 yrs.
We did have the added bonus of being with a friend who is a black card accor member.
We had the best stay and the staff are terrific, especially Gerry in the private dinning room/balcony we had the privileged to use. Thanks Gerry.

Room tip: Ask to see the room first. ( we always do)
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul E
ha0d7gm1, Executive Assistant Manager at Mercure Singapore Bugis, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2017

hi Paul E,

Greetings from Mercure Singapore Bugis!

It is indeed a great review and thank you very much for your positive feedback. We have shared this comment with the team especially to Jerry from the Privilege Lounge.

Please feel free to contact me at ha0d7-gm1@accor.com should you have any future plan to revisit our hotel, I will handle your accommodation arrangement personally.

Reviewed 11 January 2017

Really disappointed and unacceptable because I got rooms different floor with my children. I already booked the rooms about 2months before my stay, so actually can be arranged at least for the same floor rooms before my arrival. And the key's room only can be used to the floor which the room is located (ex. key's room 909 can only be used to 9th floor). So you can imagine how confusing if my children want to go to my room at 11th floor at the first time.
I have been staying at many accor hotels around Singapore but this is the worst arrangement so far. Rooms are too small, same with ibis style.
As accor member, usually I always get late check out till 5PM but this hotel only allow till 2PM on that day.
The good point is the bellhop is very helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Hi bali_aquatic,

Thank you for taking time to address you recent stay experience, we appreciate your constructive feedback and these matters has been addressed to the team accordingly and be rest assure this will be rectified immediately.

Regret to hear that this was your worst hotel experience particularly in your stay experience with Accor hotels.

Do let me know if you have any plan to revisit Mercure Singapore Bugis, I will handle your accommodation arrangement personally.

Please feel free to email me at ha0d7-gm1@accor.com should you need further clarification.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 9 January 2017

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ha0d7gm1, Executive Assistant Manager at Mercure Singapore Bugis, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2017

Reviewed 8 January 2017

We arrived in Singapore on a very early flight, thought we'd simply drop our bags and set out for the day until check in time. Upon arrival the lovely desk staff let us know our room was ready to go- this was at 7.00am, terrific and efficient service.
The rooms are small but have all the necessities- the hotel is quite new so rooms and amenities are lovely and fresh. Great view from our room.
Location is excellent, walk to Bugis / nearby hawker stalls, shopping mall, Haji Lane. Walk the other way to Raffles and a bit further afield to Orchard Road. (Having said that Singapore Ubers are fantastic value- 9 SGD to Chinatown/Maxwell and 20 SGD to Changi).
The pool area is beautiful and relaxing, there's a corner children's pool and large spa. The gym is small but well equipped with great air con.
Lobby and restaurant areas are lovely. Word of warning- the restaurant is a lovely space to sit for dinner but the food was very disappointing.

Date of stay: December 2016
3  Thank mm-at-large
ha0d7gm1, Executive Assistant Manager at Mercure Singapore Bugis, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

Hi mm-at-large,

Thank you for the positive feedback and we glad to read that you had a great stay with us except the food in the restaurant. We will share the comment to our chef for further improvement.

The hotel location indeed is quite strategic and easy accessible to other popular spot by MRT, or at a very affordable rate by taxi.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Please feel free to contact me should you require more clarification and assistance.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

Being a huge fan of loft rooms, I was excited to try out mercure bugis when I found out they had loft rooms. I booked the executive loft room during my stay. Requested for a quiet room during booking but was given a room right next to the lift.(I think it was 1418) I assume whatever request you make during the booking is useless and one should probably raise it during check in instead. Ideally I would have preferred something further from the lift lobby especially since I was paying for a higher tier room. As expected, could heard voices of people walking pass. Not a big deal but still annoying.

Websites states that the room is 25m² but upon entry the room felt much smaller. Couldn't help but felt that I was given the 22m² loft room instead. Whatever the officially specifications of the room is, it felt smaller than the lofts at a certain hotel at nanson rd. The toilet bowl and shower area is essentially just a glass cubicle with no other door. Surprising thing is that after taking a dump, most of the "scent" was kept contained within the cubicle although I wouldn't want to find out about diarrhea cases. There were 2 TVs. One upstairs and one downstairs. The upstairs area is literally just a bed and less than 3 steps of walking space which is typical of a loft room.

That said, I enjoyed the lounge access. It was practically empty each time we went in. Basic food and drinks provided. Staff were very friendly and helpful. In fact come to think about it I enjoyed the lounge more than the room.

All in all, it is an average and decent loft room. I wouldn't say it is a bad experience but I struggled to find good things to say about the room. Certainly not the best loft hotel room in Singapore and you are not missing out if you can't get a room here.

Room tip: Make your requests known during check in. Do not assume they will give a damn about your reservation requests.
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Aint_No_Hobbit,

Greetings from Mercure Singapore Bugis!

Thank you for taking the time to address about your recent stay experience at our hotel, regret to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express our sincerest apologies.

Your feedback is very important to us, please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the issues and prevent recurrence. Team members have been reminded to focus on guest requests, in the event should the request is unable to fulfill , an alternative should be proposed accordingly.

Room size of your Loft is 25 sqm in our approved floor plan, this is a total build up for split level. As for bathroom design, this will only be looked into in the next renovation plan.

Do let me know should you plan to revisit Mercure, I will arrange your accommodation request personally.

Mercure Singapore Bugis