“A real taste of Singapore”
Review of SG Eat About

SG Eat About
Ranked #33 of 69 Food & Drink in Singapore
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: SG Eat-about is a food and walking tour business run by a group of Singaporeans who are passionate about introducing Singapore’s colourful history and delicacies to the world. We are helmed by veteran tour guide Leonard Loo, more affectionately known as Leo by travellers and friends.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 29 June 2016

I've taken two of Leo's tours and they were a highlight of our recent trip to Singapore. My husband and I enjoyed a perfect blend of culture, history, and of course FOOD. Leo is an absolute delight and I'd recommend this tour to anyone who wants to experience the culinary delights of the Hawker Centres. Make sure you arrive hungry and wear comfortable shoes.

4  Thank reeserved1

Reviewed 27 June 2016

I've been on at least 5 different tours with Leo of SG Eat-about. Because I live in Singapore, I've had the chance to take several visitors on these various tours and without fail... Leo's tours are always their favorite thing we do during their visit. And I, myself, learn something new each and every time I go on a tour. Leo is a knowledgeable guide who is quick to share funny and personal stories of his own growing up in Singapore, which makes the experience all the more enjoyable. I've also found the food choices during the food tours to be always excellent. If you have food allergies or if you are squeamish to try something new, do not be afraid of these food tours. Leo is very accommodating and knows how to choose food that the majority of people will enjoy. I can't recommend SG Eat-about enough!

2  Thank ExpatDiana
Reviewed 23 June 2016

We have been to Singapore before, but I have never toured it this way. Leo takes you through the history of Singapore, explaining its culture, economy and its vision for the future. And the food experiences are unique and delightful! Recommended him to other friends and they thoroughly enjoyed their day.

2  Thank Jodi211
you-asked-for-it, General Manager at SG Eat About, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2016

Hi Jodi,

Thank you for the compliment.

We do our best, each tour should be better then the last one.

I am glad you had a great time, and thank you so much for introducing your friends, they were delighted as well.

I enjoyed showing off Singapore to you and your son.

leo Loo

Reviewed 21 June 2016

We booked Leo for a tour with our visiting family from the USA to give them an experience of Singapore. The experience with Leo exceeded our expectation. Not only did we learn about the sights and history of Singapore but Leo shared his stories and memories growing up in Singapore. You cannot get that with other guides and you definitely cannot read about. The food choices, variety and experiences were both delicious and amazing. I have lived in Singapore for 4 years and have learned a lot from Leo. Thank you Leo.

2  Thank Nader M

Hi Nader,

Thank you for the comment and compliment.

I enjoyed our tour as much as you. :))

There is so much more about Singapore, and we have on our drawing board more tours that will give you that intimate knowledge of SINGAPORE, a place I call home.

Leo Loo