“Could have been perfect if staff are attentive”

The Connoisseur Concerto
Ranked #6,277 of 11,592 Restaurants in Singapore
Neighbourhood: Orchard Road
Neighbourhood: Orchard Road
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Had dinner with friends. There were plenty of available tables but we were seated next to the pantry. Fine. The server took our orders. Maybe he is very familiar with the menu and jotting it down is not necessary. Orders came, one order was missed. Fine. Waited for it for few minutes only. The place was not crowded but we always have to ask for water refill. We ordered quite a number of dishes and tooooo sweet beverage. Food is brilliant. Flavorful and appealing. The most terrible part is the construction noise on the upper level. It was between 8-9pm. It seems that the management was aware but they didn't do anything. We have decided to leave and order dessert somewhere else because of that. Too bad.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Had early dinner (7-8pm) mid-week when only a few tables were occupied. Ordered the seafood aglio olio and spicy mushroom tortellini as mains, and shared a baby crayfish salad. All dishes were well presented, the seafood and pasta perfectly cooked, served very hot and nicely spiced. The lime ginger and yuzu drinks were very refreshing. Very enjoyable.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

I saw the menu and picked their signature Seafood Aglio Olio. Unfortunately, the spiciness was way above my level, and that's despite me being Singaporean. I think it will be better for them to advise their customers and provide guidance to dial that down for those with lower tolerance to spiciness.

Reviewed 29 October 2016

You will be spoilt for choice with their drinks menu. We had drinks and snacks after shopping. Their fries with nacho cheese is really good!

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

I was here with with my daughter for late afternoon tea, a break from all the walking and shopping.

As soon as I came near the table I realised that most of the chair cushion were stained and the table was dirty and sticky, probably from spilt caramel.

Still we ordered Iced Latte Mocha, Snowy White Cocoa, Caramel Cheesecake and Hokkaido Cocoa.

The Indian waiter serving us was very cheerful & kept trying to talk to us which after awhile was getting annoying.

The drinks and cakes were not bad st all but really nothing special. Still its a good place to take a break from shopping.