5,495 results
All reviews changi airport runway view between flights long flight an early morning flight connecting flight an overnight stay late arrival great stopover stayed one night glass wall upgraded to a suite easy access singapore airlines rooms are large from australia chinese restaurant
Reviewed 8 April 2017

well worth paying extra for the club room especially if you are only stopping one night easy to get to T3 where the hotel is, cant comment on restaurant as we ate in club lounge. check in and out was easy good staff on duty

Stayed: March 2017
SINCP, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Changi Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Dear Raymond W,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your review with us.

It is heartening to know that you enjoyed the convenience of our hotel location and found us a great place to stay while on stopover in Singapore. We strive to be a great hotel guests love and we are very pleased to know that we were able to meet your expectations during your stay.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 8 April 2017

We stayed here on our way back from Indonesia. It was chosen due to the proximity to the airport and good reviews. Check in was long and inefficient but a large group of cruise ship tourists had just arrived so this was somewhat understandable. The room was small but clean and well appointed. After leaving our room we tried to get a taxi. A very difficult task, apparently at this hotel! We finally succeeded but it took about 30 minutes. The worst part of the stay started at night. The fire alarm went off at 2am...and since we were only getting about 5 hours of sleep that was a serious hassle, but there was no fire (thankfully) ..we learned after making our way downstairs that it was a computer error that caused the alarm to sound. After returning to bed for about an hour we awoke to get ready for our long flight home and there was no hot water. Not a good way to start the morning. When we told the desk at checkout, we were informed that it was also from the computer malfunction. Then we paid the full room rate ....no apologies about either incident or attempt to amend the situation was made. It was a lousy stay and we won't ever return. Next time we will go back to the Westin or Sands.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chef4five-0

Dear Chef4five-0,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience and discomfort that you had experienced during your stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the fire alarm and temporary disruption of hot water in your room due to an unforeseen emergency situation. The safety and well-being of our guests are of utmost importance to us and please be assured that safety and security measures are well in place to provide a safe environment for all of our guests.

Meantime, could you kindly email me at evelyn.suah@ihg.com as we would like to find out more details of your stay as your comments would be helpful for us to improve and to serve you better in the future.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback. We hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 8 April 2017

I would have to rate my experience of staying at this hotel as one of the top five travel experiences I have had to date, and I have had a lot! I pass through Singapore airport frequently and usually stay at a hotel inside the airport. Crowne Plaza has been on my bucket list to stay at ever since it has been built and this time enroute to Phuket I finally got the opportunity.

The hotel is ultra-accessible from the airport. I arrived in terminal 1 and after collecting my luggage, I exited and turned left to go to the elevator up to the first floor where I caught the skytrain to terminal three which is where the hotel is located. As soon as you exit the elevator it is a five minute walk within the terminal to the hotel whose entrance is on the same level. Sheer heaven to have this kind of convenience after a long and tiring flight. The Singaporeans think of everything!

As soon as you enter the hotel you know that you are going to experience five star class. The decor is modern minimalistic design, which I love! The staff at the check in reception are extremely polite and efficient. The bell captain greets you as soon as you alight from the elevator and takes your luggage so that you are hands free to check in. You feel so welcomed.

My room had huge windows that looked directly over the runway. It was beautifully and tastefully designed. I have been crazy about watching planes land and take off every since I was a kid and now I could do it from the comfort of a bed and beautiful room for as long as I wanted. I must have sat on the massive king bed for at least a couple of hours sipping a cup of tea and watching the planes land and take off, which seemed to be every second. I could also see the sky train below carrying people back and forth. Just stopping to watch the busyness of this airport and the efficiency of how it is all carried out to perfection was mindblowing!

I needed a swim and some exercise so ventured down to the pool and gym area. I did not use the gym but I could see that it was well set up and also faced the runway so you could watch the planes land and take off while on the treadmill. The pool was so exquisitely designed with palm trees in the middle of it that created a maze you could swim through, and benches that you could also sit on in the water to rest and just take in the beauty of the surroundings. Towels were conveniently supplied at the pool however I did not see any pool service.

When I returned to my room I poured myself a hot bath as I had to have the experience of sitting in the luxury of a bath sipping a cup of tea whilst watching the planes land and take off. The bathroom has a window open to the bedroom and the runway. I can't remember how many hours I was in there for but It was a surreal experience and close to what I would call heaven.

This is not a quiet hotel and why would you expect anything else if you stay at a hotel bang slap on the edge of the runway. I was there for the experience of 'plane spotting' and not to sleep. I was too excited to sleep and stayed awake all night lying on the bed watching the planes land and take off in the dark.

I loved the hotel's attention to detail by providing some aromatherapy spray for personal use to help one relax and sleep. I did not have a chance to try the food as I had eaten on the plane and was not hungry and the next morning I had an early checkout, but next time I will.

I would bring my family and friends back to stay at this hotel just so they too could have this exceptionally unique experience that I did. The AUD 287 it cost for the night was worth every penny.

Room Tip: If you are a 'plane spotter' definitely get a room that faces the runway!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank melwebb64
SINCP, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Changi Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Dear Melwebb64,

Thank you so much for taking time to leave us such a detailed review of your stay on TripAdvisor. Your kind words are truly encouraging!

It is our mission to create a great hotel guests love and we strive towards creating a memorable and successful stay every time for all of our guests. We are delighted to hear that we have made your dream come true and your stay with us was an unforgettable one.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you and your family for a longer stay in the near future.

Reviewed 8 April 2017

The airport location and the front desk staff were excellent - they allowed me to check-in very early so I could try get some sleep after my long overnight flight. The room and the bathroom were great, but the big disappointment was that the room was very poorly sound-proofed. Every few minutes, I had to hear the loud roar of a plane taking off or landing. Maybe it was the unlucky room I had (#741 on the West side of the hotel), and perhaps rooms on the other side of the hotel are quieter - I don't know.

Room Tip: Maybe try a room on the East side of the building hoping it's quieter
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank ColoradoLongJ

Dear ColoradoLongJ,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience at Crowne Plaza® Changi Airport.

We are pleased to know that you loved the convenience of our hotel location and experienced warm hospitality during your stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that you were unable to get a good nights sleep during your stay. Providing our guests with a comfortable, rejuvenating and restful stay is something we pride ourselves on and it is definitely a concern to us that you were unable to rest well during your time with us. It is helpful that you provided us with the room number and we will investigate on this to ensure that this does not happen again in future.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

We stopped at the Crowne Plaza Changi Airport whilst waiting a flight home. The hotel is 5 Star at a low price. Its one of the best hotels we have used. The staff, location and the quality of the rooms are excellent. Its at the airport with easy links to all terminals on one level. Amazing. Would strongly recommend

Room Tip: If stopping at Airport book it. Easy access to the rest of Singapore by MRT
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Adrian P,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us on TripAdvisor.

It is heartening to know that your stay with us was rejuvenating and that you experienced warm hospitality and loved the convenience of our hotel location. We are very glad to hear such positive comments from guests like yourself and we will continue to work hard to present a great hotel our guests love.

Once again, thank you for your kind words and it is very encouraging for us to keep elevating our level of service for our guests. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again for a longer stay.