“pasta is perfect”

Ranked #203 of 11,377 Restaurants in Singapore
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Core
Reviewed 25 January 2015

We came here with friends. The restaurant is a short walk from Tanjong Pagar MRT and there is also parking 2 blocks away. We made reservations a week in advance. Please note that this restaurant also has a sister restaurant named Otto Locanda. They are not the same restaurant. Service was excellent and this is a white tablecloth restaurant. The beef carpaccio was tasty but not anything out of the ordinary. The spaghetti with sea urchin was an unassuming dish with no visible uni but it was VERY umami. I enjoyed it slightly more than the uni tagliolini at Pidgin. My friend loved it. The veal ravioli was delicious. My partner asked for more bread to mop up the sauce. They had 4 varieties of bread: the foccacia was alright but the olive bread was very tasty. I had the suckling pig as a main and the portion is quite tiny. It also took a bit of time to cook (they warn you it takes 50 min) so there was a bit of lag in service but we had bottle of wine to help out. My partner had the tenderloin and the presentation is beautiful. It was served with mushrooms and was a good sized portion. Our friends had lobster linguine and said it was good. I didn't get to try it. We were too full for dessert. Overall, the winner here is definitely the pasta. I would go back for the spaghetti and ravioli any day!

1  Thank tropicalnorth

Reviewed 16 January 2015

We go there any time me and my husband want to celebrate something special or if we want to treat someone nicely with an authentic Italian taste. I am Italian and live in Singapore since 1 and half year and to make a long story short this is the restaurant I would chose to go even if I was in Italy among the Italian restaurants of the same level that I know. Bravo Paolo (the manager) and Michele (the chef)!! Ci vediamo presto :)

1  Thank Lalele-1974
Reviewed 5 January 2015

As tourists we were happy to have a rest for a night from everything that Singapore typically offer. Otto's Italian fare was outstanding, and it would have been easy to imagine that you were dining in Italy. A simply classy outcome in all respect, food service, ambience and, given what it offers, value for money

1  Thank Greg C
Reviewed 4 January 2015

Smallish but tastefully and stylishly furnished dining space, the intimate Otto has a modern, upscale feel. The top notch service was every bit as thorough and professional without being overbearing, a cut above many other places of the same calibre.

The authentic Italian food was so good you’ll want to lick your plate clean and one of the better Italian places I’ve tried recently period. Complimentary bread is served upon arrival. Be sure to try the freshly baked warm, soft, moist and crumbly foccacia with onion. The herb crusted New Zealand lamb cutlet with red pepper passata is run-to-the-hills-singing-hallelujah-to-the-Almighty astonishing. It’s a simpler-than-usual treatment for the gorgeous meat but one that will make you wonder why everyone doesn’t do it this way. The Atlantic cod tagliata – “taggia”olives crust with sweet garlic is unassumingly satisfying. The magnificent hunk of grain fed beef tenderloin with bone marrow sauce and porchini mushroom is good, it is very, very good.

The simple-but-elegant Otto is very much a special, date-night destination, where the art of classic, Italian fare is elevated. The staff are friendly and you are guaranteed to walk – or waddle – out satisfied. This is the true truth as I say it as it is…
(www.erfyi.wordpress.com)

Reviewed 12 December 2014

I just went today for lunch to the restaurant. I have been willing to go for quite some time and as we were celebrating Christmas lunch, we decided to go there. We ordered some starters which were good with the exception of the Burrata which was extremely bland. For an ungodly reason we had to wait another 45 minutes to receive the main courses. Mine was actually quite good (Filetto di manzo) and I enjoyed it. However, my girlfriend order lamb rack which was not fresh, as both smell and taste was funny. I mentioned the waiter and he said that he was going to investigate, but we did not received any further news from the “investigation”. Anyway, I feel that some stuff here is certainly good (not cheap thought), but in general I would say that is an average restaurant (at best).. It is not worth the expensive bill…

1  Thank Alboran62