“Return visit - even better!!”
Review of Coriander Leaf

Coriander Leaf
Ranked #63 of 11,764 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$40 - US$75
Cuisines: Asian, Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Coriander Leaf - a well-loved Singaporean name - reopened its flagship restaurant at CHIJMES in June 2015. Expect a new Modern Asian experience with a menu that embodies the region's myriad of flavours paired with brilliant small batch wines from around the world. This latest evolution marks Coriander Leaf's 14th year in the business and celebrates food and wine at its finest.
Reviewed 13 March 2016

We went back to Corainder Leaf with some visitors from the USA (former S'pore residents) who were dying for some great Asian influenced food.
It was a Saturday night so we expected it to be very busy and of course it was. The staff coped very graciously and cheerfully with a full restaurant and service was adequate given the circumstances - but it also meant we just caught up on all the gossip with our friends so "slow food' was a plus.
Our waiter Marcus was wonderful - a very engaging Singapore/Aussie apparently. Very poised.
Last but not least - our friends were delighted with the food!!
The Chijmes complex is a very special place - great calming ambience in this old convent. Interesting just to walk around the corridors and look at the architecture. All the taxis know where it is so its not a drama getting there to and fro when you call a taxi.
Coriander Leaf really is a quality restaurant.

Reviewed 7 March 2016 via mobile

I enjoy and am proud of the strong flavours featured in Asian cuisine but the dishes we tried were too salty.

We had the garlic naan, the soft shell crab, the eggplant and the spicy chicken. The last dish with yoghurt sauce was the saltiest and I had to down a lot of water to rid my tongue of the salty taste. The eggplant and garlic naan I enjoyed, but not dishes I would purposely go back to Coriander Leaf for. As for the soft shell crab, it was fried well but the salted egg yolk sauce was also too salty.

This place has a lot of potential to make Asian food sexy and modern but unfortunately, it has failed to do so.

Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

Went to the newly opened Coriander Leaf at Chimes and must say that this one beats its predecessor at Clarke Quay. They have completely upgraded the menu and it's awesome. Lots of options for vegetarians also and small plates with lots of flavour. When dining out in Singapore, if you are looking for food that is unique, well prepared, beautifully presented and tastes amazing - this place certainly won't disappoint! The drinks are great, the lamb chops...OMG, I can't forget the taste and will go back just for them. Master Chef Samia and her team, we done - we will be back !

Reviewed 26 February 2016 via mobile

Let me just start saying that the food is just fabulous! Simple, elegant and perfect portions for sharing; and the presentation is absolutely stunning! Even as simple as watermelon, mint, feta cheese salad, but the symphony of flavors is mind blowing. Loved their signature dishes like crab croquettes, spicy ray fin, chicken dumpling and samia's chicken. Their lava chocolate cake cannot be missed! I highly recommend to try wines, especially Japanese Yamagata (cherry - peach).

There is a reason why I have to put a 4 star rating, although food wise this restaurant has blown my mind. The service was not up to 5 star standards. The chef and the manager were nice, but the staff were not happy to see us coming at 9:00pm, which I certainly understand. Nevertheless, the service is part of this experience and, unfortunately, it has brought it down.

Reviewed 26 February 2016 via mobile

The restaurant was recommended to us by a friend. It didn't disappoint. Excellent food and specially the lamb chops were the best that I have ever had.

We will definitely be going back.